|Tribe||Pinecone Tree Plant|
|Abilities||When played: Make a Sappy Place Environment.|
|He dates a lot of different branches, but nothing ever sticks.|
Sap-Fling is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. He costs 6 to play, and has 5/3. He does not have any traits, and his ability makes a Sappy Place environment on a selected lane when he is played.
He was available during the Super Sappy Week.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribes: Pinecone Tree Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Make a Sappy Place Environment.
- Set: Event
He dates a lot of different branches, but nothing ever sticks.
- Added to the game.
At first, you might think that Sap-Fling seems weak for having only 3, which is horrible for such an expensive card at 6, but his ability to make an environment to take away 3 from zombies makes this plant worth it. Sap-Fling's ability can also override a zombie environment and shut down the abilities of Kite Flyer, Zombot Drone Engineer, Zom-Bats, Vimpire, Space Ninja, and Space Cowboy if they are unboosted and untouched. Sap-Fling can also nullify the Deadly, Strikethrough, and Frenzy traits on zombies with 3 or less. And surprisingly, Sap-Fling also hits quite hard, given that he has 5.
Rose has a great use of Sap-Fling. Playing him while Cosmoss is on the field will give Cosmoss +1/+1. Since Sap-Fling lowers a zombie's strength, Rose can also use this with Whack-a-Zombie, Chomper, or Toadstool. Citron, likewise, can use Sap-Fling's ability in tandem with tough Team-Up plants like Wall-Nut so the zombie hero cannot easily bypass his defenses. He can also protect Sap-Fling from damage with Root Wall or Peel Shield, or by playing the aforementioned Team-Up plants in front of him.
When Sappy Place is made on a lane with a zombie, either move the zombie with Smoke Bomb or Bounce the zombie with Firefighter or Secret Agent. Giving the zombie +3 will undo the ability of Sappy Place. You can also override Sappy Place with another environment.
Do not Bounce Sap-Fling unless you need to, as your opponent can play Sap-Fling again and make another Sappy Place.
- Unlike his Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, he actually does damage to zombies.
- He and Sportacus are currently the only event cards in the Smarty class without the Amphibious trait.
- Sometimes, he gets +1 after damaging the zombie hero. This is most likely a glitch or developer oversight.
- He is the only event tree card, as well as the only tree card in the Smarty class.
- He is also the only pinecone card in the Smarty class.