Sanitation Expert is the Rare toxic variant of the Engineer in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He has a toxic aura which damages nearby enemies, and his attack inflicts toxic damage overtime too. However, in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, he does not have any toxic aura, and can only inflict toxic damage with his primary weapon. He was released in the Legends of the Lawn DLC.
All-out war with the Plants is messy business. Thankfully, the Sanitation Expert is here to clean that mess up. It may not be glamorous (we don't pay him), but nothing beats a hard day's work and a job well done. Thanks Sanitation Expert!
His Toxic Trash launcher deals toxic damage over time.
His primary weapon is the Toxic Trash. It deals 35 (40 when upgraded) impact and critical damage and 15 splash damage in addition to continuous toxic damage to plants.
Proximity Sonic Mine
An alternate ability of the Sonic Grenade, the Proximity Sonic Mine is a landmine which can stun plants for about five seconds when stepped on and makes Chompers come out of their burrow. This can be very useful for defending a teleporter or trying to escape from plants.
The Jackhammer allows for quicker movement but at the cost at not being able to use your other abilities.
An alternate ability of Jackhammer, the Turbo Jackhammer travels faster, but lasts for a shorter amount of time.
Zombot Drone - GW1 Only
Rocket Drone - GW1 Only
The Rocket Drone is an alternate version of Zombot Drone having more health (20). It is equipped with the Mean Beam and Lone Cone.
Big Bolt Blaster - GW2 Only
A week-old sandwich helps you reload faster... somehow...
More spacious garbage cans help to increase your ammo capacity.
What an incredible smell you've discovered! Upgraded compactors mean more damaging, trashy goodness in every shot.
With the use of the Sonic Grenade, the Sanitation Expert is capable of doing lots of damage, both to single and groups of plants alike. Critical hits can do a lot of damage, so good aim pays of with this variant. This is one of those Engineers that is just as good at offense as it is support. As long as you are within range of your opponent(s), You will continually be doing damage thanks to the Sanitation Experts toxic aura.
- In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, he had the second highest critical damage at 40, only being beaten by the Painter.
- He was the last toxic character to be added and the only one added in DLC content. However, this only applies to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- He is the only Engineer variant with two words in his name.
- Similarly to most of the other Engineers, his facial hair appears to have been removed in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
- He is the only toxic zombie variant to not have with a toxic aura but only in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
- In the zombie mission "You Are Cordially Invited...", there is a Sanitation Expert named Barth (a pun on the word "barf") who will help the player find the location of Dr. Zomboss' secret lair if they beat his time at shooting gnome targets. However, once the player has done this, Barth is about to tell the location of the lair, but gets distracted by a Potato Mine next to him. He looks at the Potato Mine, looks at the player (with a worried expression) and is then launched over a hedge by the Potato Mine.
- If the Potato Mine is destroyed before the quest is complete, then he will still look at the location of where the Potato Mine was as you still hear chittering sounds, even though it was destroyed, and then he will still fly up into the air while groaning.