|Health|| 75 for S.H.R.IMP |
350 for S.H.R.IMP Mech
|Primary weapons|| Shrimpy Lasers (Imp) |
Shrimpy Beam (Mech)
|Imp Abilities|| Impkata|
|Mech Abilities|| Water Cyclone|
|Rarity|| Super Rare
S.H.R.IMP is a Super Rare variant of the Imp in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He wears a pink clothing and a shrimp on his head. When he calls down his shrimp mech, he enters a giant robotic shrimp with the ability to create devastating water cyclones around itself or being able to jump high into the air and kick enemies from below. This variant was not available as a unlockable playable character in the beta, but the player could fight him in Flag of Power in Backyard Battleground.
The S.H.R.Imp, or Ol' Shrimpy Boy as his friends call him, is actually the first (and only) member of Dr. Zomboss' Special Hydro Response Imp, or "S.H.R.Imp". Designed to combat all aquatic Plant life, this little guy may look ridiculous, but he means business.
Fires twin, rapid-fire Shrimpy Lasers!
- Imps tuning focused on ensuring he had a bit more survivability outside of his mech, and also improved his primary weapon slightly
- Increased Imp health
- Fixed a bug where the Imp couldn’t receive damage while he is making his Z-Mech phone call (he's now only invulnerable when the beam of light appears)
The S.H.R.IMP's primary weapon are called the Shrimpy Lasers. The Shrimpy Lasers fire slower than the Imp Blasters, but are more damaging (4-6 for impact damage and 6-7 for critical damage) and have less recoil. They fire approximately 30 shots before reloading.
The S.H.R.IMP Mech's primary weapon is called the Shrimpy Beam. It is similar to Citron's primary weapon, as it shoots out a beam that cools off if fired too long. The beam does 5-9 impact damage and 9-14 critical damage based on distance. It has infinite ammo and does not need to reload.
Starts spinning around and fire 100 bullets rapidly, damaging surrounding plants.
Launches a grenade which will explode on contact and pull all plants in its explosion radius to the center for a short period of time.
Sends an S.O.S. message with his walkie-talkie and, after a short moment, a S.H.R.IMP Mech is deployed to where the Imp is.
Creates a water cyclone which can pull touched plants along with it and deal massive damage to them if it meets a solid object.
Jumps very high into the air, and then charge down to a selected target.
The S.H.R.IMP will be launched off the Mech, and after that, the Mech will explode, heavily damaging nearby plants.
The S.H.R.IMP's primary weapon, the Shrimpy Lasers, has an incredibly fast fire rate, which is useful for vanquishing some slower plants, such as Peashooter, Cactus, and Kernel Corn(But not when Peashooter and Kernel Corn have their abilities activated). The S.H.R.IMP Mech also is very good for racking up quick vanquishes from long range. This is because the Shrimpy Beam homes in on plants that are close enough and the Water Cyclone can be used to get rid of plants that can destroy the Z-Mech such as Citron or Kernel Corn.
The S.H.R.IMP has the same health and normal abilities as a normal Imp, but its Shrimpy Lasers deal more damage than the normal Imp's weapon, so make sure to steer clear of its path of fire. Its S.H.R.IMP Mech can be very problematic as its attacks are very powerful, but there are certain plants that can handle it. Citron is the best solution to dealing with the S.H.R.IMP Mech as it can stun and damage with E.M.Peach and then blast away with powerful attacks. Kernel Corn is also a good solution as a direct hit with Shuck Shot can possibly vanquish the S.H.R.IMP Mech in one hit. If the primary weapon or Shuck Shot doesn't vanquish right away, then dodge and possibly do damage with Husk Hop and finish it off with your primary weapon.
- His name is pun on shrimp, a generic term for some decapod crustaceans, and Imp.
- It could also be a joke about how small Imps generally are.
- According to his Stickerbook description, his full name is "Special Hydro Response Imp".
- The S.H.R.IMP mech lasts for 1 minute.
- He, Dr. Chester, Zoologist, Marine Biologist, Petrified Cactus, Park Ranger, Scuba Soldier, and Captain Sharkbite are the only characters that have living (or at least undead) animals on them without customization.
- The first four have said animals on the top of their head, Scuba Soldier has a shark biting his leg, and Captain Sharkbite has an octopus on his back.
- He is the only zombie based on an animal.