|Signature Superpower||Shrink Ray|
|Other Superpowers|| Cut Down to Size|
|He enjoys keeping his bolts tight and his screws loose.|
His name could possibly be a portmanteau of "rust bucket," a term meaning something being badly rusted, and "bolt." His helmet bears a slight resemblance to Marvel's Magneto. His armor may be a reference to the Marvel Comics superhero, Iron Man.
- Classes: Hearty, Brainy
- Boss Fights:
He enjoys keeping his bolts tight and his screws loose.
Rustbolt can use both Hearty and Brainy cards. These two classes have destroying mechanics for any plant that has less than 2 and has more than 4. If a plant has 3, which makes it immune to the destroying mechanics preciously said, using Shrink Ray will give a card and have the plant vulnerable to Rolling Stone, as well as rendering it unable to attack. Other than that, players can boost their zombies with Rock Wall and weaken plants with Landscaper or Shrink Ray. The player can also let zombies do bonus attacks with Lurch for Lunch or Gadget Scientist and surprise plant heroes by ambushing zombies with Teleport.
Rustbolt also has access to the most Sports Zombies out of every Hearty Hero, with not only the initial Hearty Sports Zombies, but also Pool Shark, Drum Major, Mountain Climber, and Brain Vendor, allowing him to use a Sports deck with great effects. Speaking of Brain Vendor, Rustbolt can get a lot of brains by playing Brain Vendors while a Flag Zombie is in the field.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Rustbolt.
- According to in-game text, he got his armor from a junkyard.
- This is true, as in his unlock comic strip, he was not hit by a beam, but a vending machine next to him in a junkyard did.
- This means that parts from the junkyard fused with his body.
- He poses in the way similar to an Octo Zombie, a Troglobite, an Arcade Zombie, and a Jurassic Bully in Plants vs. Zombies 2, despite not having a body structure or build related to the four.
- His description references the phrase "Screws Loose".
- Randomly during his idle animation, a spatula appears from his right arm. When this happens, he will look at the spatula, and then his helmet will open, revealing his face. He notices this, looks at the player, and then closes his helmet.
- A toaster also appears from his left arm, although it does not do anything. However, if he blocks an attack, he puts this toaster in front of his face to protect him.