The Rugby Star dreams of being permanently stuck in a scrum. It's the closest thing he's found to the smell of Brainz.
The explosive Rapid Fire Rugby Launcher will make you the envy of your next scrum.
Rugby Star uses a Rapid Fire Rugby Launcher as his primary weapon, which deals 9 to 14 critical damage depends on range. It has a lower fire rate than the All-Star's primary weapon, but it deals splash damage.
Before the Legends of the Lawn DLC, it dealt only 7 to 12 damage depending on range.
With Imp Punt, the All-Star punts an Imp that rolls forward and explodes after a short time, deals 150 damage.
With the Sprint Tackle, the All-Star rushes forward, dealing 75 damage and knocks plants into the sky. This can serve as a short-ranged attack.
Dummy Shield is a shield that the All-Star places to protect himself.
An alternate ability of Imp Punt, Long Bomb allows the All-Star kicks an Imp up very high, which explodes when he lands and deals 150 damage.
An alternate ability of Sprint Tackle, Ultra Tackle does 90 damage but has a longer recharge time.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the player can have four Shield Decoys, but it is weaker.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the player can have only one Future Dummy at a time, however it is stronger than the regular Dummy Shield and it explodes and deals up to 75 damage to nearby Plants when it is destroyed.
Longer Lasting Rugby Supply
A supply of rugby balls has been received - what good fortune!
Scrum Tested Rugby Balls
These scrum-tested rugby balls are quite good and will help deal extra damage.
Zomboss Enhanced Heat Sink
Zomboss Enhanced Heat Sink reduces venting time when overheating. Comes with a Zomboss guarantee.
This All-Star is good for players who lack exceptionally good aim. The splash damage can make up for misses and allows you to practice aiming for body and headshots while still contributing to the damage dealt. Try to get as close to plants as possible with this one, as his low rate of fire and quick overheat don't serve him well at long range.
When in the hands of a more skilled player, the splash damage can be put to good use with three things;
- The splash damage allows you to deal damage around obstacles allowing you to attack enemies even if they are hiding behind cover.
- The splash damage can make hitting faster opponents (like Hyper-using Peashooters) easier.
- The splash damage is good for crowd control when dealing with large groups of plants as you are able to (theoretically) damage the entire group, making it easier for you and your teammates to break up the group and defeat it.
- Increased effectiveness of the damage upgrade
- Decreased effectiveness of the overheat upgrade
- Projectile and explosion damage increased
- ▲ Blast damage was increased from 4 to 5.
- ▲ Damage falloff start distance was increased from 15m to 20m.
- ▼ Effectiveness of overheat upgrade was decreased.
- His primary weapon is called Rapid Fire Rugby Launcher despite its slow rate of fire.
- This might be simply an ironic pun to the name as it, along with the Piledriver of the Wrestling Star, has the slowest rate of fire out of all All-Star weapons.
- His primary weapon creates flame upon impact, yet no fire damage is dealt.
- The maximum number of shots the Rugby Star can shoot from his weapon before the weapon overheats is 30.