The Rugby Star dreams of being permanently stuck in a scrum. It's the closest thing he's found to the smell of Brainz.
The explosive Rapid Fire Rugby Launcher will make you the envy of your next scrum.
Rugby Star uses a Rapid Fire Rugby Launcher as its primary weapon, which deals 9 to 14 critical damage depends on range. It has a lower fire rate, but it deals splash damage.
Before the Legends of the Lawn DLC, it dealt only 7 to 12 damage depending on range.
With Imp Punt, the All-Star punts an Imp that rolls forward and explodes after a short time, deals 150 damage.
With the Sprint Tackle, the All-Star rushes forward, dealing 75 damage and knocks plants into the sky. This can serve as a short-ranged attack.
Dummy Shield is a shield that the All-Star places to protect himself.
An alternate ability of Imp Punt, Long Bomb allows the All-Star kicks an Imp up very high, which explodes when he lands and deals 150 damage.
An alternate ability of Sprint Tackle, Ultra Tackle does 90 damage but has a longer recharge time.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the player can have four Shield Decoys, but it is weaker.
Longer Lasting Rugby Supply
A supply of rugby balls has been received - what good fortune!
Scrum Tested Rugby Balls
These scrum-tested rugby balls are quite good and will help deal extra damage.
Zomboss Enhanced Heat Sink
Zomboss Enhanced Heat Sink reduces venting time when overheating. Comes with a Zomboss guarantee.
This All-Star is good for players who lack exceptionally good aim. The splash damage can make up for misses and allows you to practice aiming for body- and headshots while still contributing to the damage dealt.
When in the hands of a more skilled player, the splash damage can be put to good use with three things;
- The splash damage allows you to deal damage around obstacles allowing you to attack enemies even if they are hiding behind cover.
- The splash damage can make hitting faster opponents (like Hyper-using Peashooters) easier.
- The splash damage is good for crowd control when dealing with large groups of plants as you are able to (theoretically) damage the entire group, making it easier for you and your teammates to break up the group and defeat it.
- Rugby Star's damage output was increased in the Legends of the Lawn DLC.
- Rugby Star's primary weapon is called Rapid Fire Rugby Launcher despite its slow rate of fire.
- This might be simply an ironic pun to the name as it, along with the Piledriver of the Wrestling Star, has the slowest rate of fire out of all All-Star weapons.
- Rugby Star's primary weapon creates flame upon impact, yet no fire damage is dealt.
- The maximum number of shots the Rugby Star can shoot from its weapon before the weapon overheats is 30.