Rose Swordsman (玫瑰剑客; pinyin: méiguī jiànkè) is a monthly special plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It rapidly attacks zombies with its thorn sword at a close range of 1.5 tiles. When the target's HP is higher than 30%, it stabs the target every 0.7 seconds on average (slower than Bonk Choy). When the target's HP is lower than 30%, it charges before attacking, which makes it attack every 1.4 seconds. However, the damage it deals will be three times as high as before.
Puzzle Pieces for this plant can be collected through daily sign-in reward for Android users in July. It was released in the Sky City update for iOS, along with Magic Mushroom and Bamboo Brother. However, recently it is available for the second daily sign in gift.
Rose Swordsman in Plants vs. Zombies Online is only used in Adventure Mode. The only way to obtain it is by collecting 240 puzzle pieces.
玫瑰剑客 (Rose Swordsman)
Sun cost: 225
Rose Swordsman attacks approaching zombies and launches a strong attack when they are at low health.
Special: Strong attacks on zombies with low hitpoints
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Rose Swordsman stabs zombies in a 3x3 range.
After its normal Plant Food effect, it makes a "Z" symbol, which later explodes in a 3x3 range.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Rose Swordsman.
- It, Flame Mushroom, Pretty Little Plum, Jack O' Lantern, Angel Starfruit, and Match Flower Boxer are the only plants with a sun cost of 225.
- When fed with Plant Food, a cloak appears on its back.
- The Almanac hints that Rose Swordsman's name is Van Gogh, which is a reference to the famous artist. It said "Versailles" is its first name and "Gogh" is its last name. When the first and the last words of this name in Chinese are put together, a name pronounced the same as Van Gogh in Chinese (凡高 to 梵高) can be produced.
- It and Ghost Pepper are the only two plants to have their costume on their respective upgrade icons.
- In the 1.6.0 update, it, along with Magic Mushroom, gained their own unique sounds.
- The petal effect it uses is similar to Petal-Morphosis.