Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Variants|| Druid Rose|
|Abilities|| Time Snare|
Rose is a playable plant class in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. She is depicted as an all-powerful sorceress who has traveled from the past to help the plants in their fight to take back Zomburbia.
Rose is an extremely powerful sorceress who had a vision of a Zombie-controlled future. Determined to prevent this from coming to pass, she traveled forward in time to Suburbia to change the tide of battle.
An all-powerful seer from the past, Rose conjured a terrible vision of a Zombie-controlled future. To prevent this, she transported herself to the present day to help the Plants in the Battle of Zomburbia.
Her homing Magic Thistles, Zombie-halting Time Snare and mystifying Goatlfy ability make Rose a tricky threat!
The primary weapon of the Rose is Magic Thistles. It is a fully automatic weapon that fires slow-moving projectiles that home in on targets, meaning the weapon does not require much aiming. These projectiles cannot be dodged easily but they can be obstructed by solid objects. It does 9 damage at all ranges and 10 if the damage upgrade is obtained.
Places a Time Snare on the ground which creates a large red cloud, and slows down all Zombies who are caught in it, leaving them slow and easy to take out for a few seconds.
Turns Rose into pure energy, making it immune to damage and allows it to deal a small amount of damage to nearby zombies.
Transforms any Zombies hit by it into goats, which leaves them practically defenseless, possessing nothing but a unique ramming attack. If these goatified zombies are hurt enough or a certain amount of time passes, they turn back to their original form. It is worth noting that the Rose can transform multiple zombies per spell if it hits more than one.
Rose's primary weapon requires a person with a sharp crosshair precision to use. In order to activate its homing ability, the crosshair must follow the target, forcing the player to predict their movements to land hits. Rose's homing attack also has a range limit, so keep in mind you need to fight targets up-close for the homing ability to work.
Goatify is a very difficult skill to aim but yields good rewards for hitting it. Like Rose's primary weapon, try to make your crosshair follow the target so you can land Goatify easily on them.
Rose is surprisingly an amazing team player for the Plants. Time Snare and Goatify will allow you to land easy vanquishes if one is paired with a skilled Rose. However, it should be noted that Rose has to fight close up to make use of her primary weapon, in which Sunflowers can be at a large risk while healing Rose in combat.
Rose can also be extremely useful in huge waves in Garden Ops as she can slow down a huge group of zombies at once, and use her other abilities for her useful crowd control, giving the team a chance to quickly and easily finish the zombies off.
Rose should not be too much of a problem. If a Rose is astray from the plant group, do not be afraid to close in for a free vanquish. However, take caution of Goatify or Time Snare, which allows Rose to crowd control you and allow itself to flee with Arcane Enigma.
Tips and tricks
- Rose is great at crowd control. Use her abilities against groups of Zombies to their maximum potential.
- The Arcane Enigma can be used to attack groups of Zombies or flee from tricky situations.
- Use Rose's Goatify ability against powerful Zombies like the All-Star or Super Brainz to make them weak and easy to vanquish. Goatify can also temporarily remove enemy shields, such as Coffins or Screen Doors, to make those zombies easier to vanquish.
- Time Snare can slow down Zombies, which can give you the chance to easily vanquish them, or escape from them before they catch you.
- Use Time Snare against Zombies in a large group, which will let your teammates help to vanquish them all.
- Rose can mainly be used as a support class, so Rose can use her abilities to slow or weaken Zombies, letting its teammates do the rest.
- Rose's homing Magic Thistles let her quickly seek out and vanquish Zombies.
- Keep in mind that Goatify does not work on bosses or Z-Mechs. Do not waste it trying to Goatify them.
- Rose is surprisingly effective at taking out Z-Mechs. Due to the fact it ignores the Z-Mech's armor and deals normal damage, it can quickly take it out.
- Rose is very good against a group of Imps, due to the fact that her homing weapon can go after the Imps easily despite their speed. Also, one Arcane Enigma ability can greatly injure a group of Imps.
- Unlike all other plants, she never walks when she moves, but rather, she hovers while floating slightly above the ground.
- According to an image released by PopCap, she originates from the Dark Ages, a world from Plants vs. Zombies 2. Her ability to turn enemies into goats is similar to the Wizard Zombie of that world.
- She may be based on the tale "Beauty and the Beast," in which an enchanted rose is used to mark how long the Beast has until the Enchantress' spell becomes permanent. The connection is bolstered with Rose being able to turn zombies into beasts itself.
- Her ability to turn zombies into goats is similar to Wizard Zombie, from Plants vs. Zombies 2, who uses his magic to turn plants into sheep.
- She is currently the only Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 plant not to have an iteration in the main series prior to its debut.
- Her and Citron, along with their variants, are the only plants to wield an actual weapon.
- She uses a magical wand to cast spells in combat.
- When she dies, she disappears leaving behind an actual rose and an orb, depending on the variant. The orb generally is colored after the orb within the variant's wand. This also can happen in Arcane Enigma.
- Due to this, she and Torchwood is the only characters who's character model is never seen in a ragdoll form.
- This makes it unlikely for her to be revived without the revival indicator due to her being harder to see, but it is still possible to revive her.
- She has the longest death noise of all plants, as it takes almost two seconds for the entire death noise clip to finish.
- According to the Garden Warfare 2 prequel comic series, Rose is able to communicate with humans thanks to her magic abilities.
- She has actual roses for hands, with the petals serving as "fingers."
- While it may not seem like it, she moves at the same speed as the Sunflower and Scientist.
- In the Graveyard Variety DLC update, the following nerfs were applied to her.
- All variants' health were reduced to 100 health, from 125.
- Her damage decreased to 9, from 10.5.
- Her fire rate is slightly decreased.
- Her and her variants' homing ability is significantly toned down.