|Tribe||Root Superpower Trick|
|Abilities||A Plant gets +2 and can't be hurt this turn.|
|A good way to root for the Plants.|
Root Wall is a super-rare plant superpower trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 1 to play, and its abilities shield a selected plant for the turn it is played, and give it +2.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribes: Root Superpower Trick
- Abilities: A plant gets +2 and can't be hurt this turn.
- Rarity: Super-Rare
A good way to root for the Plants.
- ▼ Ability removed: Draw a card.
- ▲ Ability added: A plant gets +2.
This trick is used to shield a plant you do not want to lose or be damaged. You can use this with Soul Patch for guaranteed invincibility on that turn. Grass Knuckles can play this to protect a plant that needs setting up like Pea Pod or Doubled Mint. This can also be used for plants with high strength and low health like Carrotillery or Snapdragon.
If you get this from a Super-Block in the Fight! phase, it is not recommended to use this unless there is a valuable plant that is about to be destroyed, as the shielded effect will wear off at the end of the phase.
When you are fighting Citron or Grass Knuckles, you need to be careful as the plant is unable to be hurt by regular damage. Fortunately, it does not prevent instant-kill, stat-lowering, or Bouncing cards from removing that plant, especially Soul Patch. Hence, unless the target is dangerous or is a priority in being removed, you can play Sumo Wrestler, Rodeo Gargantuar, or Terrify to move the protected plant out of the zombie's way.
Note that it only increases the health and not the strength, so playing tricks like Shrink Ray and Nibble or playing Landscaper to make the plant do no damage also works, making your zombies unable to attack the plant, but also making that plant unable to attack your zombies as well.
- This trick makes use of the double meaning of the word "root" in its description. One means "to cheer for," while the other means the roots of a plant that are used to get water and nutrients, which is the material this wall is made of.
- The animation for it appears to be similar to Rock Wall, but roots are used instead of rocks.