Robo Call is the third ability for the Imp in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When used, the Imp will use his walkie-talkie to summon the respective Z-Mech for that variant which will fall from the sky. The Imp will enter the Z-Mech and have greatly increased health and new abilities. However, he will lose his usual abilities and weapons. This is a common ability shared by all Imp variants.
When the going gets tough, summon your massive Z-Mech to even the score, and then some.
Bling Pylon Mech
If those pesky Plants aren't respecting your Pylon Mech, this blinged out upgrade is for you. Loaded to the brim with gems and diamonds, you'll be the center of attention for sure!
Robo Call variants
Robo Call is the regular call variant for the Imp. After calling with his walkie talkie, the Z-Mech will fall onto the Imp and grab him and the Imp will be able to roam with his Z-Mech.
Z7 Call is the Robo Call variant of the Z7 Imp. Like Robo Call, the Z7 Imp will call his mech. After calling, the Z7 Mech will land onto the Imp. After this, the Z7 Imp will be able to move with his Z7 Mech.
Pylon Call is the Robo Call variant of the Pylon Imp. After calling on the Pylon Imp's walkie talkie, the Pylon Mech will slam into the Imp, placing the Imp into the Pylon Mech. It will be able to move and use its exclusive abilities after the Pylon Mech places the Imp.
Bling Pylon Call
Like the Pylon Call, the Bling Pylon Call is the alternate ability Pylon Call for the Pylon Imp. After calling the Mech, the Bling Pylon Mech will fall on the Imp and the Bling Pylon Mech will become controllable.
Drake Call is the Robo Call variant of the Lil' Drake. When Drake Call is used, the Drake Mech will swoop down and pick up the Lil' Drake. It will be able to roam free after it swoops.
S.H.R.IMP Call is the Robo Call variant exclusive to the S.H.R.IMP. When activated, the S.H.R.IMP Mech falls down and sucks the S.H.R.IMP into the Mech using its tail. The S.H.R.IMP will be able to move when the call finishes.
Party Call is the Robo Call variant exclusive for the Party Imp. After calling with his walkie talkie, the Party Mech will fall onto the Party Imp and grab him and the Party Imp will be able to roam with his Party Mech.
Scallywag Call is the Robo Call variant exclusive to the Scallywag Imp. When activated, the Scallywag Mech falls down. The Scallywag Mech than stuffs himself into a hatch where it eventually gets inside the mech. The Scallywag Imp will be able to move when the call finishes.
- The way the Z-Mech falls from the sky may be a reference to the game Titanfall, another game created by Electronic Arts.
- Imps in Mechs will take normal damage when a projectile hits the glass of the Mech instead of reduced damage.
- Rose will always do normal damage to the Mech.
- While calling the Mech, the Imp will occasionally say "brains" into the walkie-talkie.
- The Bling Pylon Mech does 5 more damage than the normal Pylon Mech and has no disadvantages.
- The Party Mech has the same icon as the default Z-Mech.
- It used to be that the player were invincible for a time while calling in your mech. Whether this was a bug or intended, it might not be known, as this was removed from the game.
- If the Imp gets swallowed while calling in the Mech, the Mech will explode before even landing where the Imp was and the Chomper will be credited with XP for destroying the Mech.