|Abilities|| Sonic Grenade|
Big Bolt Blaster
Proximity Sonic Mine
Roadie Z is a Super Rare Engineer variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He was revealed on the Plants vs. Zombies Twitter page on November 24, 2015. His appearance is the same as a regular Engineer with a yellow beard and hair but with four drumsticks attached to his hat and what could possibly be an electric guitar amp on his back. In the Moon Base Z trailer, he is briefly shown shooting soundwaves. He also has extra health, due to his close-ranged weapon. He was the only Engineer variant unlockable in the beta.
"Roadie Z's been on tour for so long, he can't even remember. He would've joined the battle of Zomburbia earlier, but he couldn't hear what anyone was telling him."
Roadie Z's short-range sound cannon inflicts mega damage up close!
His primary weapon is the Ear-radicator, which is a close-ranged weapon that deals 9 damage, but when the target is at low health, it will deal 35. Its ammo capacity is infinite but with a overheating system that after the weapon has been used for 6 seconds straight needs to cool down. When a player is attacked with the Ear-radicator, their screen begins to blur similarly when attacked by the Hypno-shroom.
Proximity Sonic Mine
An alternate ability of the Sonic Grenade, the Proximity Sonic Mine is a landmine which can stun plants for about five seconds when stepped on and makes Chompers come out of their burrow. This can be very useful for defending a teleporter or trying to escape from plants.
The Jackhammer allows for quicker movement.
An alternate ability of Jackhammer, the Turbo Jackhammer travels faster, but lasts for a shorter amount of time.
Big Bolt Blaster
This Engineer functions well at close range and is somewhat useless at any range further than that of the Ear-radicator. Because of this, treat him like a Chemist that has access to the abilities of the Engineer, but cannot heal your allies. The Sonic Grenade is a very important ability for this variant- it will set up plants, preventing them from moving to much and allowing you to damage them at your leisure. Remain mobile at all times and use your Jackhammer as often as possible. Try to remain near Scientists and/or Super Brainz, as both will add to your firepower and Scientists can also sustain you with healing. If necessary, the Big Bolt Blaster provides offensive capabilities at any range and will be efficient at taking out most stationary or moving targets. Keep in mind that you also have your Sonic abilities to immobilize any plants so that you can vanquish them.
- ▼ Decreased effectiveness of the overheat upgrade.
- He was first named in a tweet by Gary Clay,, was later renamed and revealed on the Plants vs. Zombies Facebook page and got his final name revealed in the beta.
- The end of his trailer reveals a new Engineer gesture named "Jackhammer Strum". This involved him summoning his Jackhammer and strumming it like a guitar, in a similar way to one of the Foot Soldier's gestures in which he does the same thing to his weapon.
- His weapon resembles a speaker and is named "the Ear-radicator". This makes sense due to the fact that it shoots soundwaves to attack.
- Ear-radicator is a combination of ear and eradicator, someone who exterminates of rodents and insects.
- This is the first Engineer that has no shoes at all. Instead, he wears a sandal on one foot and nothing in the other.
- If the Ear-radicator is near its overheating point, the player will begin to hear slight speaker feedback.
- He is the first zombie character class to have extra health, the second being Lil' Drake's Mech.
- While playing as this character, the player will constantly hear faint music playing from the amp on his back.
- He is the only close-range Engineer variant.
- He is the only armor zombie variant.
- He is the only playable character that can cause the hypnotized effect.
- There used to be a glitch where when you got damaged by the Ear-radicator, you couldn't use your abilities to fight back making him overpowered. This was later patched.