Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Abilities|| Sonic Grenade |
Big Bolt Blaster
Proximity Sonic Mine
Roadie Z is a Super Rare Engineer variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It was revealed on the Plants vs. Zombies Twitter page on November 24, 2015. Its appearance is the same as a regular Engineer with a yellow beard and hair but with four drumsticks attached to its hat and what could possibly be an electric guitar amp on its back. In the Moon Base Z trailer, it is briefly shown shooting soundwaves. It also has extra health, due to its close-ranged weapon. It was the only Engineer variant unlockable in the beta.
"Roadie Z's been on tour for so long, he can't even remember. He would've joined the battle of Zomburbia earlier, but he couldn't hear what anyone was telling him."
Roadie Z's short-range sound cannon inflicts mega damage up close!
Its primary weapon is the Ear-radicator, which is a close-ranged weapon that deals 9 damage, but when the target is at low health, it will deal 35. Its ammo capacity is infinite but with a overheating system that after the weapon has been used for 6 seconds straight needs to cool down. When a player is attacked with the Ear-radicator, their screen begins to blur.
Proximity Sonic Mine
An alternate ability of the Sonic Grenade, the Proximity Sonic Mine is a landmine which can stun plants for about five seconds when stepped on and makes Chompers come out of their burrow. This can be very useful for defending a teleporter or trying to escape from plants.
The Jackhammer allows for quicker movement.
An alternate ability of Jackhammer, the Turbo Jackhammer travels faster, but lasts for a shorter amount of time.
Big Bolt Blaster
This Engineer functions well at close range and is somewhat useless at any range further than that of the Ear-radicator. Remain mobile at all times and use your Jackhammer as often as possible. Try to remain near Scientists and/or Super Brainz, as both will add to your firepower and Scientists can also sustain you with healing. If necessary, the Big Bolt Blaster provides offensive capabilities at any range and will be efficient at taking out most stationary or moving targets. Keep in mind that you also have your Sonic abilities to immobilize any plants so that you can vanquish them.
- It was first named in a tweet by Gary Clay,, was later renamed and revealed on the Plants vs. Zombies Facebook page and got its final name revealed in the beta.
- The end of its trailer reveals a new Engineer gesture named "Jackhammer Strum". This involved it summoning its Jackhammer and strumming it like a guitar, in a similar way to one of the Foot Soldier's gestures in which it does the same thing to its weapon.
- Its weapon resembles a speaker and is named "the Ear-radicator". This makes sense due to the fact that it shoots soundwaves to attack.
- This is the first Engineer that has no shoes at all. Instead, it wears a sandal on one foot and nothing in the other.
- If the Ear-radicator is near its overheating point, the player will begin to hear slight speaker feedback.
- It's the first zombie character class to have extra health, the second being Lil Drake's Mech.
- While playing as this character, the player will constantly hear faint music playing from the amp on his back.
- It is the only close-range Engineer variant.
- It is the only armor zombie variant.
- It is the only playable character that can cause the hypnotized effect.
- A glitch made it where it would disable a plants abilities for a few seconds. This was fixed in the Trouble In Zombopolis: Part One DLC.