|"I do stretching exercises every morning," he says. "It's important to stay physically and mentally nimble."|
Red Stinger is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. He costs 4 to play, and has 2/6. He has the Team-Up trait, and his ability changes its stats to 6/2 when he is played behind a plant on its lane.
Red Stinger was introduced in an iOS-exclusive Games for Red charity event. Both Android and iOS players can now craft him since April 11, 2017 for 1000 sparks.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: When played behind a Plant, this becomes 6/2
- Set: Premium - Event
"I do stretching exercises every morning," he says. "It's important to stay physically and mentally nimble."
- Added to the game
- Set - Rarity change: Super-Rare → Event
- Became craftable.
- Display change: No longer shown as damaged when played behind a plant.
Red Stinger is a very useful plant to play as offense or defense of your choice. His stats are similar to Pea-Nut, and costs 1 more sun and has 2 extra health. If you play the Red Stinger behind a plant, he becomes stronger but less defensive like Carrotillery that can deal great damage to a zombie or the zombie hero. If not, he becomes more defensive, which could help to keep him alive and attack slowly. Either way, you can play him as offense or defense, depending on what the zombie hero can plan and what strategy you prefer to play.
Be careful against Crazy heroes and Brainy heroes, as playing Red Stinger behind a plant can allow Crazy heroes to destroy him very easily with a Bungee Plumber (or for Brainy Heroes, use Rocket Science). Against Hearty heroes, try to play Red Stinger behind a plant so he can be immune to Rolling Stone or Weed Spray.
Since he is in the flower tribe, Red Stinger is really useful when playing as Wall-Knight as he can benefit Power Flower and Briar Rose. However, Red Stinger should be used as a 2/6 plant in this case, as you may want him to survive as long as possible to maximize the effect from Power Flower and Briar Rose, unless you need brute force, as Wall-Knight lacks in high-strength plants.
It should be noted that Red Stinger is not able to change his form after being played, even if another plant is played in front of him or that plant is destroyed.
Red Stinger can sometimes be very dangerous if he is behind a plant as it may be hard to destroy and deal huge damage to a strong zombie or the zombie hero. In that case, Bungee Plumber, Rocket Science, Cut Down to Size, Locust Swarm, and about any Strikethrough zombie can help destroy Red Stinger behind a plant, unless the zombie is destroyed by a trick. If Red Stinger is not played behind a plant, he can protect the plant hero with himself. To stop him, use Deadly zombies, Rolling Stone, or Weed Spray.
- He is the first event card in the Guardian class.
- He is currently the only plant from Lost City to return to this game.
- His description uses a part of his Plants vs. Zombies 2 Almanac entry.
- In fact, his ability is very similar to his version in Plants vs. Zombies 2 as he can become more offensive or defensive of the player's choice on where he is played.
- In the collection screen, Red Stinger's appearance is based on his appearance when played behind a plant.
- If played behind a plant, he will seem as he is damaged. This is most likely an oversight.
- This was fixed in update 1.16.10.