- For the primal variant, see Primal Rafflesia.
Rafflesia (大王花; pinyin: dàwáng huā) is a plant obtained in Frostbite Caves in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Its attack usually consists of slowly producing spores that travel across the lawn and blow up groups of zombies. It always attacks the zombies at the back of its lane.
It is based on the plants from the Rafflesia genus which are native to Southeast Asia.
Note: Rafflesia's recharge in-game is Mediocre.
Sun cost: 350
Rafflesia attacks hidden behind the zombies.
Special: It attacks the rearmost zombie
Plant feature: short
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, it releases spores that go on random tiles and explode, killing anything that is on those tiles.
It now releases spores that home to nearest zombies in all lanes.
As he is expensive, targets the zombie furthest from the house, and attacks slowly, he is outclassed by many plants like Melon-pult. One can use him against stationary or slow moving zombies like Imp Cannon or Archmage Zombie as he can easily hit them behind the horde, but even then, due to being so slow, they can easily wreck havoc upon your defenses before Rafflesia can even heavily damage them. In general, this is really weak.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Rafflesia.
- It and Citron are the only plants in the series that cost 350 sun.
- It is the first, and currently only, non-mushroom plant to shoot spores.
- It and Whirlwind Acorn are the only Chinese-exclusive plants in Frostbite Caves.
- It is unknown how it could have a primal version, as Jurassic Marsh is set in the Jurassic Period, and Frostbite Caves is in the ice age, and those periods in time are not far apart.