- For other uses, see Ra Zombie (disambiguation).
Ra Zombie is the first special zombie encountered in Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Plants vs. Zombies Online. It will attempt to steal the player's sun by using its staff to attract the sun on the lawn. When Ra Zombie is defeated, it will release all the sun it has accumulated.
Tries to steal sun, just for safe keeping.
Special: tries to steal sun
Ra Zombie isn't actually named after the Sun God Ra, though that's a common mistake. He just likes to say "Ra" a lot.
Ra Zombie absorbs 190 damage per shot and its appearance changes upon absorbing 95 damage per shot when its left arm falls off, before dying when its head falls off. It can steal sun when sun-producing plants are producing it, when a zombie drops sun after eating a Sun Bean, when the player digs up a plant and the player has the Shovel Boost, or when sun is falling from the sky. When the zombie dies, it gives back the amount of sun it took. The player can earn the Sun Catcher achievement by getting 250 sun or higher from a Ra Zombie after it dies. Ra Zombie will stop attempting to steal sun once it has stolen 250 sun or more - the maximum amount of sun it can take is 320 sun (4 large suns and 4 small suns).
Like the regular zombie, the Ra Zombie is very simple. Try not to let it steal sun or other zombies will get in the way. To prevent it from stealing sun, just take the sun before it reaches its sceptre. This is easy to do, as sun turns red when Ra Zombie tries to steal it, alerting the player what it is attempting to do. Where time is vital, delaying its snatching of sun by collecting it at the last moment buys time, as it stays still when stealing sun. You can also let it steal your sun to get the Sun Catcher achievement.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Ra Zombie.
- If Ra Zombie is slowed down or frozen, its staff's aura will be light blue instead of red.
- The sound it makes when it is trying to steal a sun is similar to the one used when a Snorkel Zombie in Zombiquarium sips a brain.
- Its appearance is based on Ra, the Egyptian god of the sun, which fits with Ra Zombie's ability to absorb sunlight. However, the Almanac claims that it isn't named after the god (although this is likely just a joke).
- It is one of two zombies to be based on Egyptian gods, the other one being Tomb Raiser Zombie.
- Even if Ra Zombie took no sun, a sound will still be played when it is killed.
- Not counting the Egyptian variants of the regular Zombie, Ra Zombie is the first new zombie the player will encounter in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- It also is the first zombie to have a special ability in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Its eating and standing animations are the same as a Cowboy Zombie.
- While the Almanac states that Ra Zombie has "Hungry" speed, its speed is actually "Basic".
- In Plants vs. Zombies Online, Its eyes will not turn red when stealing sun.
- It is the first zombie to steal sun, the second being Turquoise Skull Zombie.
- In the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 maps, Sandy Sands and Time Park, if the player looks closely they can see that some of the monuments (in the Zgypt area in Time Park's case) are statues of Ra Zombie.
- When it dies, the amount of sun it stole will always be released in two sun units: normal sun (worth 50 sun) and tiny sun (worth 5 sun), even if it stole small sun (worth 25 sun) or big sun (worth 75 sun).
- The same happens when shoveling with Shovel Boosts.
- In the Chinese version 1.8.0 update, Ra Zombie stole sun with lightning speed.
- In the version 2.0.0 this zombie is nerfed and steals sun slightly slower.