Quick Play is a feature unique to the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, Nook, and Bada versions of Plants vs. Zombies. It allows the player to pick a level from any area (Day, Night, Pool, Fog, Roof, and bonus games (except iPad)) to play by choosing its respective tombstone and then scrolling through each level organized by the type of zombie encountered. It is unlocked after the player completes Adventure Mode for the first time.
Some of the features the iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Nook, and Bada versions lack is Survival Mode and Puzzle Mode. Because of this, PopCap Games felt Quick Play would be a good way for players not to lose interest in the game after they have played Adventure Mode. With Quick Play, the player can get money to purchase from Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies, complete achievements, or simply play their favorite levels.
The levels offered are:
Levels 1-1, 1-3, 1-6, 1-8
Levels 2-1, 2-3, 2-6, 2-8
Levels 3-1, 3-3, 3-6, 3-8
Levels 4-1, 4-3, 4-6, 4-8
Levels 5-1, 5-3, 5-6, 5-8
Level 1-5 (Wall-nut Bowling)
Level 1-10 (Conveyor-belt level - Day)
Level 2-5 (Whack a Zombie)
Level 2-10 (Conveyor Belt Level - Night)
Level 3-5 (Big Trouble Little Zombie)
Level 3-10 (Conveyor Belt Level - Pool)
Level 4-5 (Vasebreaker)
Level 4-10 (Conveyor Belt Level - Fog)
Level 5-5 (Bungee Blitz)
- The top of the tombstone for the Fog levels is shaped like a gentleman wearing a bowler, presumably referencing the character in Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days, Philias Fogg.
- The "Back" gravestone looks like the PC version Zombatar's "Back" gravestone.
- On the iPad, there is no Bonus Games section.
- On the old iPad version, the Mini-Games and Survival are in the Quick Play menu.
- In the "images" folder of the main.pak, you can see a quick play image.
- You can click the "Back" button on the Quick Play menu on the GOTY version of Plants vs. Zombies, as long as your monitor is wider than the game screen and you have black bars on the side of the Full Screen game window. To click it, lower your mouse down the left black bar until it turns into a "hand". This is the hidden "Back" Button from Quick Play.
- The background of the secret Quick Play menu is like "More Games" on iPhone and iPad version.