|Abilities||When played: If there is a Zombie next door, Conjure a Superpower.|
|You can call him Quazard for short.|
Quasar Wizard, or Quazard, is a galactic legendary zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 2 to play, and has 2/2. He does not have any traits, and his ability Conjures a random superpower, including signature superpowers, when he is played on a lane adjacent to another zombie.
His name is a combination of the words "quasar," an active galactic nucleus of very high luminosity, and "wizard," referring to his appearance.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Mustache Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: If there is a Zombie next door, Conjure a Superpower.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Legendary
You can call him Quazard for short.
Try to have some zombies on the board so you can activate his ability. Amphibious zombies are a good choice to use with this card since they can be harder to hit than most zombies. But overall, try to activate his ability as you can get a random superpower that is from other heroes like Electrobolt, In-Crypted, or Super Stench. You can even get signature superpowers, although there is a 40% chance of getting them. There are 11 signature Superpowers and 18 minor superpowers in the entire game for zombies so it depends on the luck of what superpower you will get. Certain signature superpowers that can be a game changer can include Terror-Former 10,000, Slammin' Smackdown, or Carried Away.
Never play this in lanes that have no zombies next door as it will waste the full potential of his ability.
You can reactivate his ability as Impfinity by using Mixed-Up Gravedigger, In-Crypted or Firefighter, while as Electric Boogaloo you can use Secret Agent. This can increase your chances of getting another hero's signature superpower and make him more of a threat to the plant hero. But keep in mind that there must be a zombie next door to him once he reveals or his ability won't activate. This does not count if there is a gravestone next door to him even when he is revealed first.
In order to play this well early, play a 1 zombie on the first turn and play the Quasar Wizard next to it, but this requires luck as there is a chance that 1 zombie can be destroyed on the first turn. Quickdraw Con Man and Planetary Gladiator are good options for survival. You can also synergize this with Unlife of the Party, as the latter will get +1/+1. Immorticia and Professor Brainstorm have the ability to use Summoning to spawn this card, but there is still a very small chance that will happen. The latter can also use Eureka to Conjure this, possibly Conjuring another Eureka.
Since he Conjures a card, he works well with Dr. Spacetime, allowing the superpower to be used for free. However, only Impfinity can do so normally.
Since Z-Mech lacks hard-removal cards, he can test his chances with Quasar Wizard to gain certain superpowers like Slammin' Smackdown or Evaporate to help you destroy tough plants, especially against Mega-Grow heroes.
There is not much you can do to disable his ability. He does only have 2/2, and thus can be easily destroyed. The only way to prevent this zombie from activating his ability is to destroy every zombie on board, although this may waste a lot of cards in your hand.
If Impfinity has a Graveyard in play and you see a Gravestone beside any zombies on the field, it is possible it is a Quasar Wizard. Try using Grave Buster on it, so he cannot activate his ability which can give your opponent hero a major advantage, as well as making it hard to defeat your opponent. Another thing with Impfinity is that you want to destroy Quasar Wizard as quickly as possible since Mixed-Up Gravedigger or In-Crypted can be used on the Quasar Wizard to add another superpower. It is also best to destroy any Dr. Spacetimes on the field, otherwise, you will have to deal with a free superpower.
- He is the first card, and currently the only zombie that can Conjure superpowers, the second card being Thinking Cap.
- His code name is "Space Mentor."
- He was later renamed "Quazard," until he was renamed again as Quasar Wizard.
- The "Quazard" is referenced in his description.
- He is the second wizard-themed zombie in the game. The first is Wizard Gargantuar.
- Coincidentally, they are both in the mustache tribe.
- He is mentioned in Apple-Saucer's description.
- If one looks at the superpower he Conjures, it will say it was "Conjured by Quazard" (one of his former names), instead of "Conjured by Quasar Wizard." This is likely an oversight.
- There was a glitch where he had the capability of Conjuring unreleased superpowers, namely, Huge-Gigantacus' superpowers. This has been fixed with his release.
- When he is played, the player can hear him say "wow."