|Abilities||When played: If there is a Zombie next door, Conjure a Superpower.|
|You can call him Quazard for short.|
Quasar Wizard or Quazard is a galactic legendary zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 2 to play, and has 2/2. He has no traits, and his ability makes him Conjure a random superpower when he is played, but only if he is played next to a zombie.
His name is a portmanteau of the word quasar, which is an active galactic nucleus of very high luminosity, and wizard, referring to his appearance.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Mustache Zombie
- Trait: None
- Ability: When played: If there is a Zombie next door, Conjure a Superpower.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Legendary
You can call him Quazard for short.
Try to have lots of zombies on the board so you can activate his ability. Amphibious zombies are a good choice to use with this card since they can be harder to hit than most zombies. But overall, try to activate his ability as you can get a random superpower that are from other heroes like Electrobolt, In-Crypted, or Super Stench. You can even get signature superpowers, although there is a 40% chance of getting them.
You can reactivate his ability as Impfinity by using Mixed-Up Gravedigger, In-Crypted or Firefighter, while as Electric Boogaloo you can use Secret Agent. This can increase your chances for getting another hero's signature superpower and make him more of a threat to the plant hero. But keep it mind that there must be a zombie next door to him once he reveals or his ability won't activate. This does not count if there is a gravestone next door to him when he is revealed first.
In order to play this well early, play a 1 zombie on the first turn and play the Quasar Wizard next to it, but this requires luck as there is a chance that 1 zombie can be destroyed on the first turn. You can also synergize this with Unlife of the Party, as the latter will get +1/+1. Immorticia and Professor Brainstorm have the ability to use Summoning to spawn this card, but there is still a very small chance that will happen. The latter can also use Eureka to conjure this, possibly Conjuring another Eureka.
Since he Conjures a card, he works well with Dr. Spacetime, allowing the superpower to be used for free. However, only Impfinity can do so normally.
There is not much you can do to disable his ability. He does only have 2/2, and thus can be easily destroyed. The only way to prevent this zombie from activating his ability is to destroy every zombie on board, although this may waste a lot of cards in your hand.
If Impfinity has a Graveyard in play and you see a Gravestone beside any zombies on the field, it is possible it is a Quasar Wizard. Try using Grave Buster on it, so he cannot activate his ability which can give your opponent hero a major advantage, as well as making it hard to defeat your opponent. Another thing with Impfinity is that you want to destroy Quasar Wizard as quickly as possible, since Mixed-Up Gravedigger or In-Crypted can be used on the Quasar Wizard to add another superpower. It is also best to destroy any Dr. Spacetimes on the field, otherwise, you will have to deal with a free superpower.
- He is the first card, and currently, the only zombie that can Conjure superpowers, the second card is Thinking Cap.
- His code name is "Space Mentor."
- He was later renamed "Quazard," until he was renamed again as Quasar Wizard.
- The "Quazard" name is referenced in his description.
- He is the second wizard themed zombie in the game. The first is Wizard Gargantuar.
- He is mentioned in Apple-Saucer's description.
- If one looks at a superpower he conjured, it will say it was "Conjured by Quazard" (one of his former names), instead of "Conjured by Quasar Wizard." This is likely an oversight.
- There was a glitch where he has the capability of conjuring unreleased superpowers, namely, Huge-Gigantacus' superpowers. This has been fixed with his release.
- When he is played, the player can hear him say "wow".