|Health|| 75 for Pylon Imp|
300 for Pylon Mech (350 in the beta)
|Variant of||Imp (PvZ: GW2)|
|Primary weapons|| Pylon Punishers (Imp)|
Pylon Propellor (Mech)
|Imp Abilities|| Impkata|
|Mech Abilities|| Pylon Mine|
Pylon Imp is a Rare variant of the Imp in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The Pylon Imp wears a cone on his head. His Z-Mech is a large robotic cone mech with one wheel, and it is faster than the typical Z-Mech but has the trade off of having 50 less health. The Pylon Imp was first teased in the Aloe 5: Gardening spoof, but was later shown in the Multiplayer Beta trailer, before being shown in short gameplay of the Backyard Battleground. He and the Z7 Imp were the only unlockable Imp variants in the beta.
Not content to just look like a Pylon, this Imp actually works part-time as a road cone. It may not be glamorous, but it's rewarding work and he's happy to have it.
Dual Pylon Punishers deal explosive area damage!
- ▲ Imps tuning focused on ensuring he had a bit more survivability outside of his mech, and also improved his primary weapon slightly
- ▲ Increased Imp health
- ▼ Fixed a bug where the Imp couldn’t receive damage while he is making his Z-Mech phone call (he's now only invulnerable when the beam of light appears)
The Pylon Imp's primary weapon is the Pylon Punishers. The Pylon Punishers has a trade off in ammo and attack speed, however, this makes up for its small splash damage. It can fire up to 16 shots (if not upgraded) in two-shot bursts before reloading.
The Pylon Mech's primary weapon is the Pylon Propeller. Like Pylon Imp, it does splash damage but it has half the ammo of a Pylon Imp. The Pylon Mech is equipped with proximity Pylon Mines, the Drag Race melee attack, and the standard Explosive Escape.
The Pylon Imp starts to spin around and shoot its blasters, doing damage to all plants around it. It has 100 ammo and can be cancelled earlier manually.
The Pylon Imp will throw a grenade, which creates a gravitational field that pulls in and traps every nearby plant for a short period of time.
Pylon Imp sends an S.O.S. message by its walkie-talkie and, after a short pause, the Pylon Mech is deployed to where he is.
The Pylon Mech deploys a small pylon-shaped mine, which will explode and deal 175 damage to a Plant that steps on it.
The Pylon Imp ejects from his Pylon Mech, which will explode shortly afterwards and damage nearby Plants.
- ▼ Pylon Mech health decreased from 350 to 300
- ▼ Ground Velocity decreased from 7.7 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▼ In-Air Velocity decreased from 8.5 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▼ In-Air jump Velocity decreased from 8.5 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▼ Velocity decreased from 9.5 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- Reduced magazine capacity from 32 – 16
- Reduced upgraded damage
- Decreased splash damage from 9 to 3
- Increased close/far impact damage from 9/5 to 12/8
Despite having a very low ammo clip compared to other Imp variants, Pylon Imp is actually very useful in certain situations, as his primary weapon deals splash damage, which no other Imps can do. The Pylon Imp is very useful for vanquishing small groups of plants that have strayed from the rest of the group in Turf Takeover or Team Vanquish. This is because of the splash damage, which can do damage to many players at once.
The Pylon Mech is more based on speed rather than dishing out damage directly. Use the speed options of this mech to dodge attacks and deliver brutal splash damage to groups of plants. The Pylon Mech can also drop Pylon Mines, which can kill most plants at once, which makes it useful for Team Vanquish or Gardens & Graveyards. Drag Race is the Pylon Mech's unique touch, as it can rush in a groups of enemies, or be used for a quick escape, due to the lower health of the mech. A good strategy with the Pylon Mech in Gardens & Graveyards is to get into the garden, drop some Pylon Mines, and use Drag Race to get out of there. Proceed to deal damage from afar and the mines should allow your teammates to ease through the garden.
Remember that the Pylon Mech has much lower health than the other Z-Mechs, so dying is very common and getting grouped by a bunch of plants is more dangerous. Always be prepared to evacuate in case too much damage is being dealt. Always be on the move with the mech to avoid as much damage as possible as well.
Pylon Imp's main weaknesses are Roses, Sunflowers, and Citrons. Rose's special abilities are very dangerous, especially Arcane Enigma and Time Snare, as the former makes Rose immune to damage and the latter stuns Pylon Imp and disables special abilities. Citron's E.M.Peach is also devastating to Pylon Imp in the same way as Time Snare, except it does damage. It also disables his Drag Race ability, which is crucial to the survival of the mech. Sunflowers can heal and revive plants that have been damaged, and can strike back with its normal attack, Sunbeam, or Solar Flare Beam. Vampire Flower and Stuffy Flower are very useful against Pylon Imp as they also regenerate health with each direct hit. However, still be careful, as they have low health and can be vanquished quite easily.
- The Pylon Mech could possibly be inspired by the Robo-Cone Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- One major difference between the two is that the Robo-Cone Zombie has legs to walk with, while the Pylon mech has a single wheel to move around on. The Pylon Mech also has fingered hands, while the Robo-Cone Zombie has claws for it hands.
- According to his Stickerbook description, he works part-time as a Pylon or a road cone.
- He is the only playable character to wear a road cone.
- In Garden Warfare, there was a customization item for the Engineer based on a traffic cone, so this could be debated.
- This may be a reference to real-world drag racers, due to its increased speed and the exhaust pipes that occasionally combust.
- One of the Pylon Mech's abilities is also named Drag Race.
- He and Scallywag Imp are the only Imps to have default facial hair.
- His default facial hair is called "Neck Beard" but there is an Imp facial hair customization with the same name.
- His Pylon Mech is the first Imp mech that doesn't have infinite ammo in his primary weapon. The second is the Scallywag Imp's Mech.
- The Pylon Mech has the lowest health out of the Z-Mech variants, only having 300 health.
- It is unknown why the Pylon Mech has less health than the other Mechs, as roadcones usually represent more health in the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. It can be assumed that this was because of its speed in contrast to other mechs, which are slower.
- His Z-Mech is the only one that grabs the Imp and puts him in the cockpit manually. All other Z-Mechs simply fall onto their Imps.
- The Pylon mech lasts for 1:30.