|Health|| 75 for Pylon Imp|
300 for Pylon Mech (350 in the beta)
|Variant of||Imp (PvZ: GW2)|
|Primary weapons|| Pylon Punishers (Imp)|
Pylon Propellor (Mech)
|Imp Abilities|| Impkata|
|Mech Abilities|| Pylon Mine|
Pylon Imp is a Rare variant of the Imp in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The Pylon Imp wears a cone on its head. Its Z-Mech is a large robotic cone mech with one wheel, and it is faster than the typical Z-Mech but has the trade off of having 50 less HP. The Pylon Imp was first teased in the Aloe 5: Gardening spoof, but was later shown in the Multiplayer Beta trailer, before being shown in short gameplay of the Backyard Battleground. He and the Z7 Imp were the only unlockable Imp variants in the beta.
Not content to just look like a Pylon, this Imp actually works part-time as a road cone. It may not be glamorous, but it's rewarding work and he's happy to have it.
Dual Pylon Punishers deal explosive area damage!
The Imp's primary weapon is the Pylon Punishers. The Pylon Punishers has a trade off in ammo and attack speed, however, this makes up for its small splash damage. It can fire up to 16 shots (if not upgraded) in two-shot bursts before reloading.
The Pylon Mech's primary weapon is the Pylon Propeller. Like Pylon Imp, it does splash damage but it has half the ammo of a Pylon Imp. The Pylon Mech is equipped with proximity Pylon Mines, the Drag Race melee attack, and the standard Explosive Escape.
The Pylon Imp starts to spin around and shoot its blasters, doing damage to all plants around it. It has 100 ammo and can be canceled earlier manually.
The Pylon Imp will throws a grenade, which creates a gravitational field that pulls in and traps every nearby plant for a short period of time.
Pylon Imp sends an S.O.S. message by its walkie-talkie and, after a short pause, the Pylon Mech is deployed to where he is.
The Pylon Mech deploys a small pylon-shaped mine, which will explode and deal 175 damage to a Plant that steps on it.
The Pylon Imp ejects from his Pylon Mech, which will explode shortly afterwards and damage nearby Plants.
- The Pylon Mech could possibly be inspired by the Robo-Cone Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- According to its Stickerbook description, it works part-time as a Pylon or a road cone.
- It is the only playable character to wear a road cone.
- This may be a reference to real-world drag racers, due to its increased speed and the exhaust pipes that occasionally combust.
- One of the Pylon Mech's abilities is also named Drag Race.
- The Pylon Mech's health was nerfed from 350 to 300, due to the nerf of the basic Imp's Z-Mech, which was from 400 to 350.
- The Pylon Imp is the only Imp to have facial hair.
- The Pylon Imp's default facial hair is called "Neck Beard" but there is an Imp facial hair customization with the same name.
- Its Pylon Mech is the only Imp mech that doesn't have infinite ammo in his primary weapon.
- The Pylon Mech has the lowest health out of the Z-Mech variants, only having 300 health.
- It is unknown why the Pylon Mech has less health than the other Mechs, as roadcones usually represent more health in the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. It can be assumed that this was because of its speed in contrast to other mechs, which are slower.
- Its Z-Mech is the only one that grabs the Imp and puts it in the cockpit manually. All other Z-Mechs simply fall onto their Imps.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part Two DLC, its magazine capacity has been reduced from 32 to 16.