Puzzle Pieces are items available in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Ten of a kind are needed to unlock the plants they are used to obtain. Plant costumes are also obtained by collecting Puzzle Pieces. They also appear in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars. Every plant in both games so far has its own Puzzle Piece.
Methods of Obtaining Puzzle Pieces
- They are dropped by Gargantuars, Gunpowder Devil and Treasure Yetis in Daily Challenge.
- They can be obtained through Penny's Shop or Penny's Treasures.
- Some of them can be obtained through Plant Adventures.
- They can be bought with medals from PvP Mode. However, it is limited to a certain set (originally Agave, Electric Blueberry, Homing Thistle, Guacodile, Coconut Cannon, Flame Mushroom and Snow Cotton).
- They can be earned through playing hard versions of the levels. They may give you costume puzzle pieces.
- Events (e.g. The 2017 Chinese New Year event with Cob Cannon and Dinosaur Roar Grass).
Amount of Puzzle Pieces Needed
- Unlocking a plant: 10 Puzzle Pieces
- Leveling a plant to : 30 Puzzle Pieces along with 50,000 coins
- Leveling a plant to : 50 Puzzle Pieces along with 100,000 coins
- Leveling a plant to : 50 Puzzle Pieces along with 200,000 coins
- Leveling a plant to : 80 Puzzle Pieces; 500,000 coins and 10 units of Culture Medium with the same rarity as the plant.
- Unlocking a plant's costume: Ranging from 6 to 30 Puzzle Pieces for each plant.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Puzzle Piece.
- Before the 1.5.0 version, Melon-pult and Kernel-pult only needed five of these to be unlocked. It has been fixed.
- Match Flower Boxer and Firebloom Queen are the only plants that have their puzzle pieces obtained in another way (via getting crystals and spinning the roulette in a limited-time event).
- In the 1.8.0 version, every normal Puzzle Piece was updated to reflect the rarity of the plants.
- In the 1.9.0 version, the legendary Puzzle Pieces were changed again.