|Abilities||When a Mushroom is destroyed, do 2 damage to a random Zombie or Zombie Hero.|
|Believes revenge is best served. Period.|
Punish-Shroom is a premium rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom plants. It costs 3 to plant, and has 2/2. When a mushroom plant is destroyed (including this card) or a mushroom trick is played, this will do 2 damage to a random zombie or the zombie hero.
Punish-Shroom is based off the Hydnellum peckii, or the bleeding tooth fungus. Its name is a combination of "punish" and the hyphenated "mushroom."
- Class: Kabloom Plant
- Tribe: Mushroom Plant
- Ability: When a Mushroom is destroyed, do 2 damage to a random Zombie or Zombie Hero.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
Believes revenge is best served. Period.
Use this early in the game if you're using many mushrooms. Using More Spore also helps to get up some Button Mushrooms which can be destroyed easily, which in turn activates the effect of Punish-Shroom.
This is crucial in a mushroom deck as it will make an aftermath if the mushrooms are mass-destroyed. It will cause a severe reaction if the zombie hero uses something like The Chickening to destroy all the mushrooms.
This should be destroyed as early as possible individually. When you are going to use The Chickening or something that uses mass damage to destroy all the mushrooms on the field, it is best to destroy this first with a simple Bungee Plumber first to minimise the aftermath. Try not to use Weed Spray if there are a bunch of mushrooms on the lawn because it can activate its ability before it gets destroyed.
- Its description is a reference to the phrase, "Revenge is best served cold."
- Its name may be a pun on the word "Punisher".
- Its description also references how lines narrated by Katniss Everdeen end with the word "Period" in the Hunger Games novels.
- When Doom-Shroom or More Spore is used, Punish-Shroom also activates its ability, because tricks are one-time ability cards, so a mushroom trick being used counts as a "destroyed" mushroom.
- It does not have a destroyed animation.