Pumpkin Witch (南瓜巫师; pinyin: nánguā wūshī) is a monthly special plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It lobs pumpkins at zombies which cover's the head of the zombie with a pumpkin and also changes the zombie's clothing, transforming them into a pumpkin-headed zombie that fights for the plants' side similar to a Hypno-shroom. The pumpkin head has increased health and can withstand multiple zombie bites. Once the pumpkin is destroyed, the zombie reverts to its normal state. It was released in time after Halloween, in November.
Pumpkin Witch is based on Cucurbita pepo, a normal pumpkin. Its appearance (hat and broom) is based on a witch. Witches could use magic to move obstacles without touching them.
Note: Pumpkin Witch's in-game toughness is Elevated, and its recharge in-game is Mediocre.
南瓜巫师 (Pumpkin Witch)
Sun cost: 250
TOUGHNESS: Very High
Pumpkin Witch throws pumpkins, that controls a normal zombie, when the pumpkin exists to fight for you.
Plant feature: orange-red plant, mysterious magePumpkin Witch lived alone in a mystical swamp forest, she is mysterious and powerful and can use a variety of magical spells. For example, she commands her broom to sweep the floor for her, help her cook and wash plates, or create all sorts of strange potions or.....Never mind, she's just a half-baked sorcerer with no self-care abillity.
Plant Food effect
It throws five blue-eyed pumpkins to the zombies. Any zombie hit by these pumpkins will turn into a zombie with a blue eyed pumpkin on its head that has increased toughness. After launching, it needs to recharge for six seconds before being able to attack again.
The pumpkins now have more health and have green eyes.
This plant is similar to the Hypno-shroom that it can control zombies, but it does not allow zombies to activate their special abilities and it can control Wizard Zombies and Octo Zombies. But beware, it does not attack every type of zombie and is useless against Gargantuars, Fisherman Zombies or Zombie Chickens and will be quickly overwhelmed by them. Note that its projectiles cannot hit the Parasol Zombie as well. Additionally, zombies that have their pumpkins eaten will revert into hostile zombies and the pumpkins have lower health than a hypnotized Buckethead or Gargantuar. And unlike hypnotized zombies or zombie illusions, the pumpkins are reverted instantly by crushing objects. Therefore, it should be avoided at high difficulty levels, and should be avoided in Sky City as it cannot attack aerial zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Pumpkin Witch.
- It, Saucer, Pumpkin, Jack O' Lantern and Smashing Pumpkin are the only plants based on pumpkins.
- It is the third plant that makes zombies fight for plants. The others are Hypno-shroom, Magic Mushroom (Plant Food effect) and Caulipower.
- However, the 4 plants make zombies fight for the plants in different ways; Hypno-shroom hypnotizes the zombie which ate it and allows the zombies affected by it to use their unique abilities, Magic Mushroom creates zombie illusions that fight for the plants, Caulipower hypnotizes the zombies with mental powers on a random zombie, while Pumpkin Witch simply infects the host zombie with a parasitic pumpkin that controls the zombie until the pumpkin is eaten, and does not allow the zombie affected to use their special abilities.
- It is the third Halloween-themed plant, the others being Ghost Pepper and Jack O' Lantern, and the fourth being Witch Hazel.
- It is also the only Halloween-themed plant exclusive to the Chinese version.
- It, and Witch Hazel are the only plants based on witches.
- Unlike hypnotized zombies, pumpkin-headed zombies are killed (reverted) instantly by zombies with crushing objects, such as Pianist Zombie and Barrel Roller Zombie.
- It does not attack zombies with non-basic body models that are not Imps, such as Zombie Chickens, Gargantuars, or Pianist Zombies.
- If its pumpkin hits an Imp, the Imp will become a pumpkin-headed Imp instead of a regular Zombie with a pumpkin head.
- However, it does not attack Yeti Imps, possibly due to a glitch.
- If it lobs a pumpkin at a submerged Snorkel Zombie, the pumpkin will hit the Snorkel Zombie but will not transform it.
- It can be chosen in Sky City levels. However, it does not attack any type of zombie in that world.
- Like Wizard Zombie, the pumpkin heads have Mummy Zombie's legs.
- This is probably a reference to The Plague, where people would bandage themselves for protection from it.