Puff-Shroom is a colossal uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. He can also be made by Shroom for Two, Mushroom Grotto, Witch Hazel, and Cornucopia, transformed into by Seedling or Petal-Morphosis, or Conjured by Cosmic Mushroom. He costs 0 to play, and has 1/1. He has the Team-Up trait, and does not have any abilities. His closest zombie counterpart is Swabbie.
His sun cost of 0 is a reference to how he also costs 0 sun in the previous games he has appeared in.
His description is a reference to the Big Bad Wolf from the fairy tale The Three Little Pigs. In the mentioned fairy tale, the wolf says that he will "huff, and puff, and blow your house down," every time he encounters one of the pigs' homes.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Mushroom Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Colossal - Uncommon
He huffs and puffs and, occasionally, blows a Zombie down.
- Set - Rarity change: Token → Colossal - Uncommon
- ▲ Sun cost change: 1 → 0
Treat this as you would with other cheap Team-Up plants. Puff-Shroom can act as a cheap shield to protect an important plant of yours. Additionally, because he is part of the mushroom tribe, you can use Buff-Shroom to boost him or Punish-Shroom to do 2 damage to a random zombie or zombie hero when he is destroyed.
Puff-Shroom works well in zoo decks because you can take advantage of its cost to play several of them in one turn, boosting the Muscle Sprouts or having more plants on the field for more Pineclones. Playing it on Mushroom Grotto makes it even better, because it will be making more Puff-Shrooms for the same number of cards.
While Puff-Shroom is no threat, owing to his low stats, he can be quite a nuisance in the early-game when he is made by Shroom for Two because they can do 2 damage, which can be doubled via Buff-Shroom for just 2. If you have tricks like Rolling Stone, Nibble or Bungee Plumber, it is advised to target Puff-Shroom before Shroom for Two as the latter does not have Team-Up, and Puff-Shroom may end up as a shield for another powerful plant.
As for Puff-Shroom himself, any solution against a 1/1 plant works.
- He and Brickhead Zombie from Plants vs. Zombies 2 are the only plant and zombie in the series that reference the Three Little Pigs in their descriptions.
- He and Swabbie are the only cards to cost 0.
- Coincidentally, they both have 1/1 and one trait.
- If one is made by Mushroom Grotto due to the plant on it being transformed by Pineclone, it will be created with "transformed by Pineclone" added to it. It will be transformed by Pineclone after Puff-Shroom's playing animation is finished, however.