Throughout the Plants vs. Zombies series, many zombies have been seen which are promotional material or small cameos in-game. These zombies were never intended to appear within the games, and they most likely never will.
Vampire Imp is a zombie that only appears in the YouTube video Stop Zombie Mouth! It is behind two graves that say Hal Atosis and Ginger Vitus, two mouth disorders caused by not brushing teeth (see Wikipedia articles for halitosis and gingivitis). It is an Imp with a vampire's cape, but not much is seen because it is hiding behind the graves.
Zombie Queens appear in the PopCap advertisements. So far, only three are seen, and since the ads were meant to promote the first game, it is likely no more will appear. The first is a somewhat obese zombie with yellowish skin, wearing a tiara, messy lipstick, and a pink bow in its hair. It has somewhat the resemblance of Catapult Zombie. The second is not fully seen, as only a closeup of its chest is in the advertisement, but it has more green skin, a brown cloak with fancy patterns, and red nail polish. The final one has grayish-green skin similar to other zombies in the series, is fairly skinny, has long hair topped with a crown, and a long red dress.
- They are a parody of the controversial Evony ads, which frequently used misleading advertisements to attempt to sell their game.
- Aside from zombies created in Zombatar, these are the only zombies to have skin tones different from other zombies.
Zombie Worm is a zombified version of the character Lex from the PopCap game Bookworm with a zombie head. It appears next to Lex when the player is scrolling down on the achievements area on the way to the Chinese zombies. It is one of the four zombies seen going down the achievements page, along with the three Chinese zombies.
Sunflower Zombie is a zombie that appears in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Plants vs. Zombies. The only thing that it serves is for customizing the player's house and after getting it (by earning the Soil Your Plants achievement) and puts it in the player's house, it will only move and act as a normal Sunflower. It is first seen in the Xbox 360 Trailer.
Sunflower Zombie is just a Sunflower in a Flower Pot with a zombie or an Imp head. It's a decorative object that appears on the lawn and it will be just "dancing" as a normal Sunflower does. It has also an official artwork as seen in the official PopCap Games Facebook page. The artwork was posted on May 2, 2012.
- Unlike any other zombies combined with plants, Sunflower Zombie does not have a full zombie body with a plant head but has the full Sunflower body with an Imp or zombie head.
- However, on the Plants vs. Zombies Facebook page, it has a regular zombie head and some of its petals are missing.
- Besides the zombies from ZomBotany, the Sunflower Zombie is the only zombie that is both a zombie and a plant.
The Shakespeare Zombie is a zombie that can only be found on the Facebook Timeline for Plants vs. Zombies. The zombie is accompanied with the text "To brain or not to brain. That is the question. The answer is yes."
Multi-Colored Super Brainz
Multi-Colored Super Brainz is a zombie that appears when the player buys Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 on Origin. It is sitting next to an Imp with a game controller. It is a Super Brainz with a purple cape, blue gloves, a ripped yellow spandex suit, and a customization on its head.
Grave Digger ZombieGravedigger, a scrapped zombie for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, can be seen in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 on the Z-Tech Factory map in the Labz section in a tube.
This zombie is comparable to Zombie King. It might have inspired the Zombie King, but the Zombie King has a different appearance. This King Zombie is simply a Basic Zombie with a crown, a cape, and a septer. If that's true that it was an early concept, it would have been scrapped due to being highly unrealistic, as Basic Zombie's just a modern zombie.
Greaser Imp is a zombie first seen in the Big Wave Beach - Part 1 trailer. It meets its demise in the Big Wave Beach - Part 2 trailer via the Zombot Sharktronic Sub. On Facebook, it was announced that the Greaser Imp was never meant to be added.
Harpoon Gun Zombie
Harpoon Gun Zombie is a zombie first revealed in a promotional banner on Weibo. It was most likely planned, but scrapped.
The Plants vs. Zombies 2015 calendar shows many zombies based off of historical time periods in a Plants vs. Zombies 2 art style.
- Many of these zombies would predict time period-based worlds in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The hippies and greaser zombies predicted Big Wave Beach, a 60s-themed world (although no greaser or hippie-themed zombies actually appeared in it).
- The caveman zombie predicted Jurassic Marsh and possibly Frostbite Caves.
- Although Dark Ages had already been released when this calendar came out, the King Zombie and Shakespeare Zombie are based off of the real-life Dark Ages and are similar in appearance to some zombies from Dark Ages.
- Additionally, appearances of zombies based off of Ancient Rome also appeared in several maps in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, and the Feudal Asia-themed zombie and the Viking Zombie could be a reference to Kongfu World and Viking World, respectively, both in games made by PopCap China.
- The Astronaut Zombie is similar in appearance to the Zombie from the Undead Space achievement in Plants vs. Zombies.