- For other uses, see Peashooter (disambiguation).
|Special||Primal peas occasionally knock zombies back|
|Direct damage||2.5 normal damage shots in 3 seconds|
|Weakness|| (cannot be knocked back by the peas)|
(immune to projectiles while the force field is active)
(immune to straight shot projectiles)
(obstacles shield zombies from projectiles)
|Unlocked||Beating Jurassic Marsh - Day 1|
|Primal Peashooter may be primitive, but that doesn't stop him from enrolling and excelling in several software development correspondence courses.|
Primal Peashooter is the first plant obtained in Jurassic Marsh in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is the primal version of Peashooter. Every three seconds, it shoots a rock-like pea that either immobilizes a zombie for half a second or sends it back for a tile. Each rock pea does 2.5 normal damage shots to zombies. The only normal zombie immune to its knockback capability is Jurassic Bully. Due to its knockback effect, stunned zombies that are knocked back will no longer be immobilized.
Like its modern counterpart, Primal Peashooter is based on the plant Pisum sativum. The term peashooter is normally used to refer to a toy version of a blowgun, or as slang for small or low-caliber firearms.
|Primal Pea hitting a zombie.|
|Primal Peashooter shooting a projectile.|
|Primal Peashooter Plant Food.|
SUN COST: 175
PLANT FOOD POWER: Damage
Primal Peashooters shoot heavy stunning peas at zombies.
Special: primal peas occasionally knock zombies back
Primal Peashooter may be primitive, but that doesn't stop him from enrolling and excelling in several software development correspondence courses.
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Primal Peashooter gains Stegosaurus-like plates on its head and will shoot five rock peas that look identical to its regular ones. However, these rock peas deal five normal damage shots and have an area of effect of a tile, pushing all zombies located on it.
It will now shoot an additional giant lava ball that leaves a fire trail similar to Pitaya's Plant Food ability.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|Projectile Velocity|| PF Power|
|1||0||0||175||5 seconds||3 bites||2.5 nds||Normal||5 nds||Straight|
|2||10||1,000||175||3.25 bites||2.75 nds||5.5 nds|
|3||25||4,000||175||3.5 bites||3 nds||6 nds|
|4||50||8,000||175||3.75 bites||3.25 nds||+ 1.6x||6.5 nds|
|5||100||12,000||150||4 bites||3.5 nds||7.5 nds|
|6||150||20,000||150||4.5 bites||3.75 nds||8 nds|
|7||200||30,000||150||5 bites||4 nds||8.5 nds|
|8||300||40,000||150||5.5 bites||4.25 nds||9 nds|
|9||500||50,000||150||6 bites||4.5 nds||9.5 nds|
|10||750||60,000||125||6.5 bites||5 nds||+ 2.2x||11 nds|
|11||1,000||75,000||125||7 bites||5.5 nds||11.5 nds|
|12||1,250||100,000||125||7.5 bites||6 nds||12 nds|
|13||1,500||150,000||125||8 bites||6.5 nds||12.5 nds|
|14||1,750||200,000||125||8.5 bites||7 nds||13 nds|
|15||2,000||250,000||100||9 bites||7.5 nds||15 nds|
Primal Peashooter is a powerful plant for taking out single zombies, regardless of their health, as the zombies are greatly delayed from the push backwards. However, its slow rate of fire allows large groups of zombies to damage the defenses easily, especially if the player does not deploy a large number of Primal Peashooters on the lawn.
- Primal Peashooter should not be paired with Celery Stalker or any lobbed-shot plants with exception of any that deals splash damage, since it is possible that the peas will knock back the zombies and make Celery Stalker vulnerable, and the lobbed projectiles are more likely to miss their targets. However, Primal Peashooters work well with area of effect plants like Fume-shroom, Phat Beet, and Snapdragon, since the knock-back effect is effective in clustering crowds of zombies.
- The Plant Food upgrade of this plant is weak as far as damage is concerned, but it is great for knocking zombies back to the beginning of the lawn, which will allow the player to have more time to restore lost plants either by using an Intensive Carrot or replanting. However, if this is being paired with Fume-shroom, Fume-shroom's Plant Food effect is far more superior.
- An advantage of Primal Peashooter's projectiles is when knocking zombies back, it momentarily throws them a short distance off the ground, opening up a chance for them to be eliminated by Blover, as any zombie that does not touch the ground before the Blover activates will be blown away. This means that, with the exception of Jurassic Bully and Zombots, these peas when combined with Blover can knock out any push-able zombies, even Gargantuars, with one hit. This can be done most easily when Primal Peashooter is boosted.
- Like other peashooting plants, Primal Peashooter can be combined with Torchwood to cause more damage to the zombies, and that stunning and knocking zombies back capacity continues to operate.
- In Ancient Egypt, Primal Peashooter is useful for stopping sandstorms because its projectile can immediately end this attack, forcing the zombie to come out of the storm.
- In Pirate Seas, Primal Peashooter is useful for combating zombies in water lanes. Swashbuckler Zombie and Imp Pirate Zombies can be pushed back into the water if they are airborne. However, sometimes this will not kill them due to the glitch where they will walk on water.
- In Frostbite Caves levels without Troglobites, Primal Peashooters can stop snowstorms similar to Ancient Egypt. They can also force any Dodo Rider Zombies on the ground with their knock-back affect.
- In Neon Mixtape Tour, Primal Peashooter are effective against some zombies encountered in this world. Punk Zombies can be pushed back as a defense to prevent them from pushing other plants. Glitter Zombies that are knock back allows the protected zombies to be vulnerable to attacks. Boombox Zombies cannot use its boombox when pushed back.
- In early Jurassic Marsh levels, Primal Peashooters work very well against Raptors as zombies can be repelled easily when kicked forward.
- In Modern Day, the Primal Peashooter can knock away zombies that come from Portals making them less of the threat. They can also push back Super-Fan Imps to have them incinerate plants that aren't important assuming the player has put their most valuable plants in the back.
However, Primal Peashooter still has many weaknesses:
- In later levels of Ancient Egypt, Tomb Raiser Zombie poses a major threat. He will create many tombstones which can shield many dangerous zombies where it renders Primal Peashooter's ability useless.
- In Wild West, Chicken Wrangler Zombie poses a major threat. He will summon a chicken flock as distraction where they can easily destroy Primal Peashooter as it fires half the speed of its normal counterpart. The same applies to Weasel Hoarder. Combining with Pianist Zombie and other Cowboy Zombies, they can destroy many Primal Peashooters within seconds.
- In Far Future, Shield Zombie poses a major threat. It will protect very dangerous zombies with its shield, which Primal Peashooter's peas cannot combat. However, using E.M.Peach could ease the situation.
- In Dark Ages, avoid using Primal Peashooter, as Tombstones will get in the way, as well as the sheer amount of Jester Zombies that are present. Wizard Zombie is especially dangerous due to its constant disabling plants. This applies to Arthur's Challenge as well. Also, Necromancy ambush can easily overwhelm Primal Peashooter.
- In Lost City, there are many obstructions. Excavator Zombie will not be damaged by Primal Peashooter damage though it will still be pushed/stunned. In addition, Lost Pilot Zombies, Bug Zombies, and Relic Hunter Zombies can all be considered meat shields for Primal Peashooter, and protect more dangerous zombies like Turquoise Skull Zombie. Imp Porter is especially dangerous, as the constant supply of zombies (especially Buckethead variants), can make it extremely hard to get rid of the tent without support.
- In the later parts of Jurassic Marsh, avoid using Primal Peashooter. Jurassic Bully now counters this. Jurassic Bully will take its shots (with the stun effect still working), but end up shielding other zombies. Not to mention, Jurassic Bully can sustain many blows. Combined with powerful zombies like Jurassic Fossilhead and Dinosaurs, Primal Peashooter is not very good at defending later in Jurassic Marsh.
- In Modern Day, Primal Peashooter will only be useful in some levels. Some levels contain early ambushes, something Primal Peashooter may not be able to contain quickly. In addition, the previously mentioned zombies can also appear, so take caution when selecting plants.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Primal Peashooter.
- It is one of the five plants that can knock back zombies without Plant Food and the first one to be offensive.
- It is the second offensive plant that can immobilize zombies with its primary attack, with the first being Kernel-pult and the third being Apple Mortar. However, the time immobilized is much greater for Kernel-pults.
- If a rock pea hits a Pianist Zombie, the music it plays will restart, regardless of knockback or stun.
- Although Excavator Zombie will not be damaged by it, the latter can still stun or push him back.
- However, the Excavator Zombie can be damaged if it is fed with Plant Food while zombies are in front of Excavator Zombie, because the Plant Food peas do splash damage.
- Lost Pilot Zombie can get pushed back by it, even when dangling in the air. However, he will not fall to the ground after getting pushed back, until after a few seconds or if Blover is used.
- It and Pea Pod shoot the least amount of peas in their Plant Food upgrade, with only five peas. However, Fire Peashooter breathes a stream of fire when given Plant Food, instead of shooting any peas at all.
- It makes a cough-like sound when using its Plant Food upgrade.
- If a Sunflower Singer uses plant food, all Primal Peashooters will shoot a giant lava ball. It is unknown if it is a glitch or not.
- Although its projectile is different than other peashooting plants, when its projectile passes through a normal or napalm Torchwood, the projectile becomes a common Peashooter's fire pea or napalm pea respectively. However, these fire/napalm peas are larger than normal.
- In addition, the peas will still stun or knock back zombies.
- Its projectiles can knock back Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel, but not frozen blocks and arcade machines.
- This is because a pirate barrel is listed as a zombie by the game's code (as it can be stunned, stalled, and pushed even by other plants with such capabilities).
- Its knock-back can wear off the gassed effect from zombies affected by a Chili Bean or a Stunion.
- The same applies to Chard Guard.