- For other versions, see Power Flower (disambiguation).
|Abilities||Start of turn: Heal your Hero for 1 for each Flower.|
|Dropped out of Kale University to practice natural medicine.|
Power Flower is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 5 to play, and has 3/5. It has the Strikethrough trait, and its ability heals the plant hero for every flower on the field, including itself, at the start of every turn.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Trait: Strikethrough
- Ability: Start of turn: Heal your Hero for 1 for each Flower.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Dropped out of Kale University to practice natural medicine.
While Power Flower has low strength compared to many other 5-sun cost plants, its health, Strikethrough trait, and ability is what makes this plant so useful. Power Flower's high health allows it to take a strong hit from a zombie, guaranteed it does not deal more than 4 damage, and fight back to possibly shoot another turn. A cheaper alternative to this would be Bloomerang, as both of them have 3 strength and Strikethrough, at the cost of Power Flower's ability.
Power Flower, along with Briar Rose, are both key plants in a flower deck. While Power Flower can heal an immense amount of health each turn, Briar Rose pressures zombies due to its ability. This plant also works well with Pepper M.D., as while Power Flower heals you, Pepper M.D. continuously gains strength and health.
Power Flower has a lot of health, and can provide some difficulty when dealing with it. zombies with 5 Strength or more should not have a problem destroying it. While in an ideal situation the zombie should survive the attack, it is worth noting that as Power Flower has Strikethrough, it will hit you either way. If Pepper M.D or Briar Rose is also on the field, consider taking them out first, as they will only become more powerful if left unharmed.
Power Flower is immune to Rolling Stone, Weed Spray, and Rocket Science due to it having 3 strength. However, each class can deal with Power Flower in their own ways. Hearty heroes have Landscaper (Shrink Ray too in Rustbolt's case), which can lower Power Flower's strength, which will then be susceptible to Rolling Stone and Weed Spray. Brainy heroes have Rocket Science to pressure the opponent into not boosting Power Flower's strength. Beastly heroes have instant-kill tricks like B-flat and Locust Swarm, as well as Nibble to lower its strength. Sneaky heroes have Deadly zombies. And finally, Crazy heroes can overwhelm it with sheer damage.
- Of all the plants named Power Flower, it is the only one that is not a variant of the Sunflower.
- The Kale University mentioned in its description is a portmanteau of the words "kale," a cabbage which is more closely related to wild cabbage than domestic cabbage, and "Yale University," a university founded in 1701.
- It is the fifth plant to attack zombies using rainbows. The first is Shamrock, the second is Shamrockstar, the third is Magnifying Grass, and the fourth is Stuffy Flower.