Power Cactus is the Rare electric variant of the Cactus in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. She has the same abilities as the regular Cactus, but her projectile deals a chain lightning effect (uses electricity to add damage to any enemies near the one the player hits) to the zombie it hits.
Power Cactus is a Cactus with a sky-blue body and green bottom. The mouth of the Cactus filled with an electrical plug. The eyes are a glowing blue and there are electric sparks flashing near its body.
The Power Cactus specializes in blasting opponents with electricity from extremely long ranges.
Power Cactus deals electric damage, arcing across multiple Zombies!
Electric Needle is the primary weapon of Power Cactus; all facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The base close range damage per hit is 22 and the critical is 26.
- The max DPS at close range is 78.0.
- The base middle range damage per hit is 17 and the critical is 21.
- The max DPS at middle range is 63.0.
- The base long range damage per hit is 16 and the critical is 19.
- The max DPS at long range is 57.0.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The weapon deals arc damage; when a hit is dealt to a target it will arc to nearby targets dealing 10 damage as it hits them.
- The ammo in a clip is 12.
- The reload time is 2.5 seconds.
- The projectile speed is fast.
- The weapon is a semi-precision weapon.
- The bloom is medium.
The Power Cactus' primary weapon is the Electric Needle. It deals less damage than the standard Spike Shot at 15 to 20 impact damage and 18 to 24 critical damage, but compensates for this by dealing up to 15 electric splash damage to any surrounding zombies.
Potato Mine is a passive attack piece that deals 175 damage to any zombies that step on it.
Pizzazzling Potato Mine (GW2 only)
The Pizzazzling Potato Mine is an alternate ability that's basically a reskin of the Potato Mine. It has no differences except that it's golden, surrounded by gems, and releases glitter and makes a different sound when detonated.
Potato Nugget Mine
An alternate ability of Potato Mine, Potato Nugget Mine is smaller and does less damage. However, it is easier to camouflage and the player can place more of them at once compared to Potato Mine.
An alternate ability of Garlic Drone, Artichoke Drone has 20 health instead of the Garlic Drone's five. Its primary weapon is the Artichoke Hearts, and it's abilities are to descend, ascend, and the Baby Corn.
An alternate ability of Tallnut Battlement, Iron Maiden is an armored Wall-nut that is hard to destroy. It is much stronger than the Tallnut Battlement; its only downside is its smaller size.
Another alternate ability of the Garlic Drone, it is a faster version of the Artichoke Drone with only five health. It shares its primary weapon and all but one ability with the Artichoke Drone, and it's version of the Baby Corn is slightly different.
Dark Garlic Drone
Dark Garlic Drone is yet another alternate ability of the Garlic Drone with five health and a very different weapon. Its primary weapon is the Dark Garlic, which fires slower, deals more damage, and has splash. Its abilities are to descend, ascend, and an altered version of the Corn Strike.
Charged Spike Reload
With a charged spike-reload, the reload time is reduced.
Electric Spike Stockpile
Ammo capacity increased with a stockpile of electric spikes.
Supercharged spikes deal extra damage.
The Power Cactus has one of the most potent weapons of any Cactus variant, due to above average damage and fast movement speed of her projectiles. Long range combat is where she excels, as she can deal a lot of damage to enemies who cannot see you coming. Proper accuracy is essential, however, due to her limited ammo and so-so reload speed. Consider prioritizing weaker opponents when shooting to finish them off quickly. Close range combat is not advised as this variant- if you are caught in melee combat, drop a few Potato Mines and make an escape.
- Increased electric splash damage
- ▲ Falloff start/end damage was increased from 20/15 to 23/18.
- Cactus' Plant Food ability in Plants vs. Zombies 2 might be a reference to Power Cactus due to both of their spikes being blue and electric.
- In Garden Warfare 2, her color was changed from very light blue to a turquoise color.
- All other electric plant variants from the first game had their color changed as well.
- If a hat is put on her, most electricity stops flowing and the electrical plug will stop generating electricity.