Potted Powerhouse is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Mega-Grow class. It costs 5 to play, and has 3/3. It has no traits, and its ability gives it +1/+1 every time a plant gets an increase in strength or health on the field, but only if the plant hero is holding it in their hand.
It is currently unknown what exact plant Potted Powerhouse is based on. It somewhat appears to be a zucchini with leaves sprouting around it.
Its name is a combination of "potted", referring to the fact that it lives in a pot, and "powerhouse", referring to its ability.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Leafy Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: While in your hand: This gets +1/+1 when a Plant gains Strength or Health.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
She loves living out of a pot. It's not for every Plant. But to her, it's home.
- ▲ Stats change: 1/1 → 3/3
- ▼ Sun cost change: 4 → 5
Potted Powerhouse can be a devastating plant if played well. Its ability can be paired with self-boosting plants such as Muscle Sprout and Doubled Mint, and if protected with a plant with the Team-Up trait or with more health, it can end the game very early. Shielding this plant with the superpower trick Root Wall is a good idea to avoid damage from zombie tricks or fighters. Take note that healing abilities in plants like Geyser do not boost the Potted Powerhouse, even if the health increases.
Using Anti-Hero plants can help this because every time a zombie in front of an Anti-Hero plant is removed, (either by destroying or moving it), the Anti-Hero effect activating on the plant will, in turn, activate this plant's ability.
Any plant or trick that boosts multiple plants can boost this by a lot. These can include:
- Buff-Shroom - Best when using a Mushroom Deck
- Smackadamia - Best when using a Nut Deck
- Berry Angry - Best when more plants are on the field, especially Team-Up
- Steel Magnolia - Best in plants that are more closer to each other; especially with Team-Up
Consider using Plant Food or Espresso Fiesta when this plant has high strength as it would most likely get destroyed immediately or blocked by a zombie. This will damage zombies or heroes heavily, depending on how much this plant is boosted.
Avoid bouncing this plant with Rescue Radish as it will reset its stats to 3/3, requiring you to boost it again.
If you leave this plant and other self-boosting plants alone, this could become a tremendous threat. Try disposing of this plant as soon as possible. When fighting against a Mega-Grow hero, try to focus on getting rid of any plants that boost themselves such as Pea Pod or Bananasaurus Rex, because leaving these plants alive could possibly be boosting a Potted Powerhouse in the plant hero's hand. If it gets out of hand, try to bounce this plant or use tricks such as Rocket Science and Locust Swarm.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Potted Powerhouse.
- It, Valkyrie, and Trickster are the only cards that have abilities that activate while in a hero's hand.
- It is the only plant card to do so.
- Its name is an example of alliteration.
- It is the only plant in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes to be in a Flower Pot.
- Since Potted Powerhouse's stats are increased while it's in the player's hand, its stats do not appear green when played. However, when Shrink Ray is used on Potted Powerhouse, the stats become green as if it were buffed while on the field, as long as the resulting stats are higher than its original stats.