Potted Powerhouse is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Mega-Grow class. She costs 5 to play, and has 3/3. She does not have any traits, and her ability gives her +1/+1 every time a plant gets an increase in strength or health on the field, but only if the plant hero is holding her in their hand.
It is currently unknown what exact plant Potted Powerhouse is based on, but she somewhat appears to be a zucchini with leaves sprouting around it.
Her name is a combination of "potted", referring to the fact that she lives in a pot, and "powerhouse", referring to her ability.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Leafy Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: While in your hand: This gets +1/+1 when a Plant gains Strength or Health.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
She loves living out of a pot. It's not for every Plant. But to her, it's home.
- ▲ Stats change: 1/1 → 3/3
- ▼ Sun cost change: 4 → 5
Potted Powerhouse can be a devastating plant if played well. Her ability can be paired with self-boosting plants such as Muscle Sprout and Doubled Mint, and if protected with a plant with the Team-Up trait or with more health, she can end the game very early. Shielding this plant with the superpower trick Root Wall is a good idea to avoid damage from zombie tricks or fighters. Take note that healing abilities in plants like Geyser do not boost the Potted Powerhouse, even if the health increases.
Using Anti-Hero plants can help this because every time a zombie in front of an Anti-Hero plant is removed, (either by destroying or moving it), the Anti-Hero ability activating on the plant will, in turn, activate this plant's ability. Only Captain Combustible can do this normally. You can also use Banana Peel to move the zombie blocking it back and forth. If you get lucky enough, you will keep Conjuring another Banana Peel, boosting Potted Powerhouse even more.
Any plant or trick that boosts multiple plants can boost this by a lot. These include:
- Buff-Shroom - Best when using a mushroom deck.
- Smackadamia - Best when using a nut deck.
- Berry Angry & Storm Front - Best when more plants are on the field, especially Team-Up plants.
- Steel Magnolia - Best with plants that are closer to each other, especially Team-Up plants.
Consider using Plant Food or Espresso Fiesta when this plant has high strength as she would most likely get destroyed immediately or blocked by a zombie. This will damage zombies or heroes heavily, depending on how much this plant is boosted.
If you leave this plant and other self-boosting plants alone, she could become a tremendous threat. Try disposing of this plant as soon as possible. When fighting against a Mega-Grow hero, try to focus on getting rid of any plants that boost themselves such as Pea Pod or Bananasaurus Rex, because leaving these plants alive could possibly be boosting a Potted Powerhouse in the plant hero's hand. If it gets out of hand, try to Bounce this plant or use tricks such as Rocket Science and Locust Swarm.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Potted Powerhouse.
- She, Valkyrie, Reincarnation, and Trickster are the only cards that have abilities that activate while in a hero's hand.
- She is the only super-rare plant card to do so, as the rest are legendary.
- Since Potted Powerhouse's stats are increased while she is in the player's hand, her stats do not appear green when played. However, when Shrink Ray or Landscaper is used on Potted Powerhouse, the stats become green as if she were boosted while on the field, as long as the resulting stats are higher than her original stats.