Potato Nugget Mine is an alternate ability for the Cactus' Potato Mine. It can only be unlocked through sticker packs. It deals 50 damage, which is lesser than a Potato Mine and has a smaller explosion radius. The player can plant five at a time, as opposed to three. They are smaller, but they can be disguised easier. It takes 30 seconds to recharge one Potato Nugget Mine in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and 20 seconds in Garden Warfare 2.
These little nuggets are small, have a great sense of humor and enjoy sitting around waiting to blow Zombies sky high. While not as damaging as their potato cousins, these little nuggets still pack a spudow!
A Potato Nugget Mine has less than or equal to 16 health.
- ▲ Cooldown was lowered from 30 to 20.
Hiding them around corners, behind objects and sometimes in the middle of the garden is a good way to use them. They are not recommended to be used in groups since this ruins their camouflage, making them even less of a problem to the zombies. In some areas on nighttime levels, they are lethal since they are hard to notice and four of them can kill an All-Star.
While not much of a threat, Potato Nugget Mines can get quite annoying due to their small size, which makes them hard to notice (and to shoot if you are in the middle of a firefight). It takes two of them to kill a Scientist, and even if they fail to kill you, they still cause noticeable damage so caution is advised.
- The icon depicts it with two teeth, despite the actual appearance of itself in-game having one tooth.
- It is one of the seven plants based on the potato in the entire series. The others are Potato Mine, Imitater, Sweet Potato, Hot Potato, Primal Potato Mine, and Hothead.
- It is the only one of these six to be introduced in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- If a Potato Nugget Mine is placed on an object that is able to be destroyed (like a Tallnut Battlement) and the object is destroyed, the Potato Nugget Mine will float in mid-air. It will still act like normal.
- This also applies to its variants.