(translation: Pomegranate Machine Gun)
|Special||Damages all zombies in front of it|
|Unlocked|| Collecting 10 Pomegranate Machine Gun Puzzle Pieces|
Daily log-in rewards
Exchange Store in PvP Mode
Pomegranate Machine Gun is based on the punica granatum, also known as the pomegranate. The second part is a reference to its Plant Food ability, which is similar to a machine gun, but his normal attack is more like a scattergun.
Pomegranate Machine Gun
机枪石榴 (Pomegranate Machine Gun)
Sun cost: 325
Pomegranate Machine Gun fires the front range of zombies.
Range Details: In front of it
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Pomegranate Machine Gun pulls out a machine gun's barrel on top of its head and starts firing powerful seeds every second, dealing massive damage to whatever is in front of it in a 3x5 area.
It causes splash damage along with direct damage.
|Pomegranate Machine Gun now spits in a 3x2 pattern, similar to how Snapdragon attacks, spits more seeds, but the damage it deals decreases.|
|Pomegranate Machine Gun gains 50% more attack power and health (150% of initial).|
|Pomegranate Machine Gun spits another row further (3x3), spits more seeds, but the damage it deals decreases.|
|Pomegranate Machine Gun gains another 50% more attack power and health (200% of initial).|
|Pomegranate Machine Gun may be boosted when planted.|
|Pomegranate Machine Gun gains another 50% more attack power and health (250% of initial).|
This plant is better used in groups because of the heavy damage output in multiple lanes. At level 1, you should keep this heavily defended with defensive plants such as Wall-nuts, Tall-nuts, and Infi-nut, to ensure that the Pomegranate Machine Gun does not get easily overwhelmed by the zombie horde due to its low range. Support it with Winter Melon, Laser Bean or Snapdragon since it cannot stand alone.
From Level 2, treat this plant like how you would use Snapdragon. It can become very powerful at level 4 since it there is a chance that its Plant Food effect is activated. Combining this with Sunflower Singer at this level can make it even more dangerous since it has received upgrades to its damage output.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Pomegranate Machine Gun.
- In advertisements it has a scouter. However, it is never shown in-game.
- It jumps before spitting seeds.
- It, Agave, Melon-pult, and Cattail are the only plants to have a sun cost of 325.
- It, Sweet Potato, and Strawburst are the only plants to laugh or chuckle when performing their Plant Food abilities.
- In the 1.4.0/1.4.1 update, its firing sound was added.
- It sometimes misses the zombies when he attacks.
- It also ignores any zombie above or below it if it is 1 tile away.
- It, Pomegranate-pult, and Bombegranate are the only plants that are based on pomegranates.