|"Guess who's itching for a fight? This guy right here!"|
Poison Ivy is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 3 to play, and has 1/3. It has the Anti-Hero 4 trait, and does not have any abilities. Its zombie counterpart is Stealthy Imp.
Poison Ivy's appearance and name is based on the species Toxicodendron radicans, also known as the poison ivy.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Leafy Plant
- Trait: Anti-Hero 4
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
"Guess who's itching for a fight? This guy right here!"
Poison Ivy has a terrible strength stat of 1, but that is only when it is engaged in combat against a zombie fighter. Otherwise, it can hit the zombie hero pretty hard, so try clearing out the path for Poison Ivy to strike with tricks such as Spring Bean, Berry Blast, or Bubble Up. Since it only costs 3 sun, you can place it on an empty lane on turn 3 (or even turn 2 if you're playing as Solar Flare) should the opponent used up all their brains to place zombies (which is very likely early game).
You can use Rolling Stone when its Anti-Hero is not active, and Rocket Science or Cut Down to Size when it is. Any zombie that does 3 or more damage and/or having 2 health or more can stop Poison Ivy from wrecking havoc. However, beware since the plant hero may have some tricks up its sleeve. In that case, a Gravestone zombie will help.
- During its idle animation, the Poison Ivy is sometimes seen scratching itself. This is a reference to how, in real life, when an animal or human comes into contact with poison ivies, the area of the skin that came into contact with the plant becomes itchy.
- Its description also references this fact.
- There appears to be a rash on Poison Ivy's hands and forehead.
- It, Poison Mushroom and Poison Oak are the only plants in the entire series to start with the word "poison."
- All three are Kabloom fighters with Anti-Hero traits.
- It is the only leafy plant in the Kabloom class.