Plucky Clover is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Mega-Grow class. She costs 5 to play, and has 1/4. She does not have any traits, and her abilities Conjure a random event card, and give her the amount of strength equal to that card's cost.
She was made available in the Luck o' the Zombie event. She was available from 14 March 2017 to 21 March 2017. Players could also buy a Time Travel pack with this card from the 28th of February to the 6th of March.
She is based on the four-leaf clover, commonly nicknamed the Lucky Clover.
She name is a portmanteau of "plucky," to have or show determined courage in the face of difficulty, and "lucky clover," the real-life plant she is based on.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Leafy Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Conjure an Event card. Plucky Clover gets + equal to that card's cost.
- Set: Premium - Event
She's a giver, no doubt. But she feels like she gets a lot out of it too.
- Added to the game.
- Became craftable.
She is a very luck-based plant to use, as there's a chance she'll give you cards that you don't want, don't synchronize with your deck, or wouldn't give her that much strength, such as Hot Date, Blooming Heart, or Spyris. However, Plucky Clover can also allow you to draw powerful and expensive event cards like Toadstool or Electric Blueberry. Either way, she does have a good amount of health, so she can be used to take a few hits against weaker zombies. Because she is in the Mega-Grow class, she can also be boosted with tricks like Fertilize to improve her stats if she did not gain much from her ability.
Plucky Clover is a great card to use with Bananasaurus Rex because her ability draws a card which boosts Bananasaurus Rex.
As Green Shadow, you can also use Rescue Radish to replay her and draw another event card. However, doing this is luck-based as she also resets her strength, and you may draw a card with lower cost than the previous one, resulting in Plucky Clover having lower strength.
A little tip to notice is that Plucky Clover actually benefits from Defensive End's ability, as it gives Plucky Clover extra strength for any plant trick card drawn. For example, Shamrocket gives Plucky Clover +5 while Defensive End is on the field compared to +3 normally.
Plucky Clover can either be a threat or not, depending on the card that is drawn. You can guess, or even tell what your opponent has drawn by the amount of strength Plucky Clover gains, which can be useful in certain situations. If Plucky Clover gets too much strength, Deadly zombies should be able to deal with her. Since she has 4, she is also in the range of being destroyed by Cakesplosion.
Despite her high cost, however, do not Bounce her, as it will allow your opponent to draw another event card that can be powerful, and Plucky Clover could return possibly even stronger than before.
If you are not playing as a Crazy hero, you can try other tricks such as Rolling Stone if Plucky Clover gets only +1, or Rocket Science if Plucky Clover gets 4 or more strength and gives your opponent a more expensive event card.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plucky Clover.
- She is the first event card in the Mega-Grow class.
- Her description makes a reference to her ability.
- Currently, the most strength she can get is by drawing Toadstool or Sap-Fling, giving her +6, while the least strength she can get is by drawing Blooming Heart, Garlic, High-Voltage Currant, Spyris or Clique Peas, only giving her +1.
- She was originally in the Kabloom class.
- This was probably because of how Plucky Clover is luck-based, as she gains a random amount of strength depending on the cost of the event card drawn.
- When Plucky Clover is played with Bananasaurus Rex on the field, she will do her animation only to give the plant hero an event card, which activates Bananasaurus Rex's ability. She will then do her animation again and give herself a strength boost.