This is the list of frequently asked questions about the wiki.
Why do I need to log in before I can edit pages?
Why can't I edit pages?
It could be due to the following reasons:
- You are not logged in. This wiki requires you to log in before you can edit.
- You are trying to edit a semi-protected page using a new account (i.e. accounts that have less than 10 edits and joined this wiki less than four days).
- You are trying to edit a fully protected page. Only content mods, admins, and bureaucrats can edit fully-protected pages.
- Your account is blocked, either by our staff or VSTF. This could also be an error if you happen to use an IP address that has been blocked by them, which is sometimes an issue for users using mobile data to access the internet. If this happens, try to disconnect and reconnect, and refresh the page.
How can I edit semi-protected pages?
You will need to have 10 edits and/or four days account age. After that, you will be able to edit them.
How can I request to edit fully protected pages?
You can try leaving a message to a content moderator, administrator, or bureaucrat. See Plants vs. Zombies Wiki:Staff for a list of them.
I edited a page and now it becomes screwed up! What should I do?
This is a common issue for people using the visual editor. If this happens, try undoing your edits, and start over using the classic editor, accessible by clicking on the arrow next to the edit button.
A content moderator, admin, or bureaucrat has create-protected the page due to certain reasons. You can try contacting one of them and see if they can unprotect it.
I can't seem to chat on my phone. Can I force it to do it?
Most probably yes, if your browser supports requesting desktop sites.
On Chrome for Android, you can just click on the three dots, and tick the "Request desktop site" check box. However, be aware that the chat interface isn't mobile-friendly, thus making it quite hard to navigate through the interface.
You can try to contact an admin or bureaucrat for this.
It seems like there are some commands to edit the chat's text and stuff. How can I do things like that?
How do you make a message "centered"?
This can be done via the /announce command. Note that this only works for users with at least chat mod rights.
Why does the thread title say "undefined" after I post or edit a thread?
It is a Wikia forum bug. If it turns into one, change the title back to its original one. Also, be sure to switch to source editor after you've finished writing the thread and copy the entire source before publishing. That way, should the editor fail to post the thread, you can go back and paste the source without losing your work.
What is this?
Currently, it is used as a place for newcomers. Here, it would be helpful for you to share small things here for us to give comments on, or ask more questions about being new to the wiki.
This happens because a Discord admin has disabled the instant invite for the widget, most likely due to recent attacks to the server. You can try contacting one of the Discord admins or owners for more details.
Why do I need to provide my wiki username in order to be verified?
It's to help minimize spammers. Usually some outsiders just enter the server with malicious intents (e.g. sending malware via the uploader) since the invite is wholly accessible to anyone, just by clicking the "Connect" button.
Why can't I upload files in the general chat?
Recently we've disabled file uploads to minimize uploads of pointless random images as well as preventing spammers from uploading unwanted files such as malware or inappropriate content, so that it helps keeping the general chat clean and mature. However, verified users can do this. To be verified, post your Wikia username and a Discord staff should verify you, provided that you haven't gotten the role yet.
My verification status was revoked. How can I get it back?
Wait for a few days or weeks without violating any rules and you'll get the verification role back.
What do all those terms mean? Like, "the Lawn"?
Note that this doesn't include self-explanatory terms like Forum of Wisdom.
- The Lawn: PvZW chat (not the Discord server)
- Eaten by the zombies (on chat): User left the server.
- (Moderator) shot peas at (user): The moderator kicked that user.
- (Moderator) has planted an explosive plant to kill (user): The moderator has banned the user from chat.
- Exploded with a cherry bomb (in user tags): Banned from chat.
- Eaten by the zombies (anywhere other than the chat): Blocked.
- Eating log: Block log
- Bombing log: Chat ban log
- Branch: Subforum/board
What's the difference between mainspace edits and total edits?
Mainspace edits are edits that you've done on articles. Total edits are the sum of all edits that you've done on the wiki, which includes things such as userpage edits, forum posts, blog posts/comments, etc.
Note that mainspace edits are preferred for most wiki policy requirements due to quality control reasons.