|Plants vs. Zombies Web Version|
Main Menu for the Web version.
May 5, 2009
Online version of:
Plants vs. Zombies Web Version is a free version of the game available at the PopCap Games official website. There are three modes: Adventure Mode, Survival and Puzzle. In the Adventure Mode of this version the player can only progress until they finish level 2-4 before they must start again as a new player. However, if one unlocked the Survival and Puzzle modes on one computer previously, they will be able to continue playing those modes. Survival Mode on the web version is a modified version of Survival: Endless which takes place during the night, and the player may only choose four plants at a time. Puzzle Mode consists of a modified version of Vasebreaker. The player's progress will be lost on the Survival and Puzzle modes if they quit, unlike the full version.
- Cherry Bomb
- Snow Pea
- Grave Buster
There are eight Zombies in the Web version.
- Flag Zombie
- Conehead Zombie
- Buckethead Zombie
- Pole Vaulting Zombie
- Newspaper Zombie
- Screen Door Zombie
- Giga-Football Zombie
- The zombies in the online version will usually have no bone seen upon losing its arm.
- There is a Survival: Night (Endless) here, because if it took place at daytime, mushrooms would not be able to wake up, since you never get the Coffee Bean.
- The zombies will not attempt to eat the instant kills (except Chomper), similar to Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- There are two glitches with the Newspaper Zombie: when falling to die, a bone in his arm will appear, and his eyes will flash angry for no reason.
- The modes are on different buttons, unlike the full version.
- Maybe the order of buttons is intentionally changed because there is no Mini-games mode in the Web version.
- If you beat the game, the plants will reset, so you cannot use mushrooms during the day.
- Instead of the Potato Mine you will get the Squash.
- You can see the silhouettes of the Ice-shroom, Doom-shroom, Lily Pad, Potato Mine, Threepeater, Tangle Kelp, Jalapeno, Spikeweed, Torchwood, Tall-nut, Cactus and Blover when you have unlocked all the Online Plants.
- The Snow Pea makes a different sound effect when it shoots frozen peas on the online version than it normally does (a "jingle bell"-like sound effect).
- The seed packets are much bigger in this version.
- There is no shadow below the plants or zombies.
- If you put your mouse over the Giga-Football Zombie it will say "Football Zombie". This is because there is no Football Zombie in this version.