- Not to be confused with the online version of the original Plants vs. Zombies game, see Plants vs. Zombies Web Version.
|Plants vs. Zombies Online|
PopCap Games and Tencent Games
Beta test since December 9, 2013 and July 18, 2014
The most notable change in Plants vs. Zombies Online is the town feature and a Player vs. Player (PvP) system. The town is a place the player lives, with thousands of other players, and the player can choose to befriend them. PvP allows the player to battle their friends in the classic Plants vs. Zombies's Versus Mode. The player uses the plants they have developed to compete with others.
In terms of art style and gameplay features, it is more or less identical to Plants vs. Zombies 2. However, unlike it, it is a PC game with an online component with special gameplay elements of its own.
The game has three modes: a Town-building Mode where the player can unlock buildings and have a garden to grow and develop plants and make items; Normal Mode where the player defends their house from zombies around the worlds with plants, and a Adventure Mode which is a brand new mode. Its gameplay is a little like the popular mobile TCG "I AM MT". The player forms their own plants troop to battle against AI, as many as seven plant units which includes one from the player's friend can be sent into battle.
In order to play Plants vs. Zombies Online, you must create a QQ account.
The Town feature is the main gameplay of the game, which is also a menu for all of the features, modes and buildings here.
- Activity Rewards
- Seasonal Rewards
- Opening Service Gift
- Opening Service Gift
- First Gift
- Time Rewards
- Daily Benefits
- Daily Rewards
- Guild Tournament
- Gem Fountain
- Boss - The player can choose one of the two bosses here (Zombot Sphinx-inator or Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum Zombot) to fight in a special RPG level. The player will get big rewards if they win. Even if you don't succeed, you will still obtain rewards from daily missions once the event has finished as long as you dealt a certain amount of damage.
- Treasure Hunt
- Star-Moon Upgrades
- Daily Challenge
- Time Travel - This mode is the equivalent of Piñata Party and Endless Zone of Plants vs. Zombies 2. The player plays up to 7 levels everyday to earn Piñatas. The player starts with limited amount of starting plants, but more can be obtained via cards similar to Endless Zones.
- Daily Tournament
- Treasure Yeti - In this mode, the player plays a special level where multiple Treasure Yetis appear. Rewards are awarded depending on the number of Yetis defeated, and the amount of Yetis that appear is dependent on which of the three difficulty levels you choose to play.
- Normal - This is the main gameplay where the player beats various levels and Brain Busters to proceed through the map.
- Adventure Mode - This is where the player fights against the zombies in turn-based combat to beat various levels.
- Greenhouse - Plants in the Normal Mode can be upgraded here.
- Nutrition Room
- Player's House
- Zen Garden
- Item Exchange
- Tree of Wisdom
- Zombie Island
- Arena - There are three types of arena battles, all of them allowing you to participate in PvP battles, all of which give you rewards.
- Road of Trial - There are 150 levels. After beating the levels, you can get rewards each day.
- Plant Exchange - Views all plants' information. The player can also exchange Plant Puzzle Pieces into new plants that can be used in Adventure Mode here.
- Backpack - Holds all the player's contents.
Tencent Games and PopCap today kicked off worldwide the first beta test of Plants vs Zombies Online. The game recruited 3000 players to settle down in the PvZ town and interested gamers can apply to be the first citizens in the game.
Plants vs. Zombies Online enhances the gameplay and in the beta version, players will encounter a zombie boss inspired by Sphinx in Egypt. Besides, beta participants can get their hands on a new plant exclusive for this game, the Moten. Every player has a garden to grow and develop plants and make items.
|Icon||Area||Number of Levels||Requirement|
|Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum||40||Complete Tutorial|
|Ancient Egypt||30||Complete Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum|
|Pirate Seas||60||Complete Ancient Egypt|
|Far Future||60||Complete Pirate Seas|
|East Sea Dragon Palace||16 (not finished)||Complete Far Future|
|Walkthrough (all areas)|
- Split Pea (Adventure Mode only)
- Chili Bean (Adventure Mode only)
- Lightning Reed (Adventure Mode only)
- Pea Pod (Adventure Mode only)
- Melon-pult (Adventure Mode only)
- Starfruit (Adventure Mode only)
- Chomper (Adventure Mode only)
- Cattail (Adventure Mode only)
- Rose Swordsman (Adventure Mode only)
- Fire Peashooter (Adventure Mode only)
- Oak Archer (Adventure Mode only)
- Acid Lemon (Adventure Mode only)
- Ghost Pepper (Adventure Mode only)
- Guacodile (Adventure Mode only)
- Hurrikale (Adventure Mode only)
- Plantern (Adventure Mode only)
- White Radish (Adventure Mode only)
Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum
East Sea Dragon Place
Adventure Mode Only
How to play video tutorial