- Not to be confused with the online version of the original Plants vs. Zombies game, see Plants vs. Zombies Web Version.
|Plants vs. Zombies Online|
PopCap Games and Tencent Games
Beta test since December 9, 2013 and July 18, 2014
The most notable change in Plants vs. Zombies Online is the town feature and a Player vs. Player (PvP) system. The town is a place the player lives, with thousands of other players, and the player can choose to befriend them. PvP allows the player to battle their friends in the classic Plants vs. Zombies's Versus Mode. The player uses the plants they have developed to compete with others.
In terms of art style and gameplay features, it is more or less identical to Plants vs. Zombies 2. However, unlike it, it is a PC game with an online component with special gameplay elements of its own.
The game has three modes: a Town-building Mode where the player can unlock buildings and have a garden to grow and develop plants and make items; Normal Mode where the player defends their house from zombies around the worlds with plants, and a Adventure Mode which is a brand new mode. Its gameplay is a little like the popular mobile TCG "I AM MT". The player forms their own plants troop to battle against AI, as many as seven plant units which includes one from the player's friend can be sent into battle.
In order to play Plants vs. Zombies Online, you must create a QQ account.
The Town feature is the main gameplay of the game, which is also a menu for all of the features, modes and buildings here.
- Privilege Activities - Activities and offers from Tencent and QQ.
- Daily Task Rewards - Complete the daily tasks to make the town grow faster with EXP and earn lots of rewards.
- Consumption Rebate - During the event, your consumption on gold gems will be recorded. Consume more to get more rewards.
- Vasebreaker - An event where the player uses the Villain Mallets to smash the vases, which contain the rewards they have chosen.
- Plant Gifts - Spend 50 gold gems to roll the wheel of loots.
- Featured Activities
- Value Packs
- Space War - A mini-game event which the player uses the up and down button to control the Peashooter riding on a spaceship that shoots missiles. The spaceship will be destroyed if made any contact with any spaceship, and will be damaged if hit an explosive enemy spaceship. The more enemy spaceships are destroyed with Peashooter spaceship's missiles, the more points the player gets.
- Wall-nut Pinball - The player is given with 3 balls daily to shoot a random Wall-nut. Each Wall-nut has an amount of point. Collect points to earn rewards.
- Coconut Battle - The player is forced to have the Small Gun item to play the mini-game. Get more points to earn rewards.
- Brave Insurance - The player can go to different areas in Adventure Mode with this event. Each one will have its own "large plant adventure". If the player picks the correct following destinations in the "large plant adventure", they will earn the reward. Three random areas will be shown, and it can be refreshed for free three times a day. After that, the player has to use Telescopes to continue refreshing the places.
- Super Card Flip - Three cards are shown in this event. They will flip over and the player can choose one of the three, as each one contains a reward. The player can do this for free 10 times a day, or pay gold gems for more.
- Slot Fun - The player pays Slot Coins for a spin. If the player gets 3 of the same item in the slot, the player will get the reward depends on the list of rewards next to it.
- Big Winds - When a Marigold is used, the Blover will blow once, and the player will get 15 "Wishing Stones", and randomly drop a reward shown which will be added to the player's Backpack. The Wishing Stones can be exchanged in its store before the event ends.
- Opening Service Gift - Where the player can earn daily rewards exclusive for starters or buy special monthly offers.
- Opening Service Gift - Daily rewards exclusive for starters.
- First Gift - Buy the featured plant pack offer with real money here.
- Dave's Bank
- Dave's Bank
- Free Plants
- Online Rewards - The more time you are online, the more rewards you will get with this feature. Will disappear after an amount of times obtaining the rewards in a day.
- Daily Benefits
- Daily Rewards - Daily logins rewards are obtained here.
- Daily Activities - Earn materials through battling zombies in this feature.
- Thief Catcher - Battling the Buckethead Mummy boss.
- Ordinary Waters - Battling the Shell Soldier Zombie boss.
- Deep Waters - Battling the Seahorse Flag Zombie boss.
- Registration Rewards - Same as the Daily Rewards in Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)
- Online Rewards - Earn you a reward after reaching an amount of time being online.
- Level Packs - Earn your rewards for reaching an amount of level here.
- System Notification - See the news about the game's systems here.
- Guild Tournament
- Gem Fountain
- Boss - The player can choose one of the two bosses here (Zombot Sphinx-inator or Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum Zombot) to fight in a special RPG level. The player will get big rewards if they win. Even if you don't succeed, you will still obtain rewards from daily missions once the event has finished as long as you dealt a certain amount of damage.
- Treasure Hunt
- Star-Moon Upgrades
- Daily Challenge
- Time Travel - This mode is the equivalent of Piñata Party and Endless Zone of Plants vs. Zombies 2. The player plays up to 7 levels everyday to earn Piñatas. The player starts with limited amount of starting plants, but more can be obtained via cards similar to Endless Zones.
- Daily Tournament
- Treasure Yeti - In this mode, the player plays a special level where multiple Treasure Yetis appear. Rewards are awarded depending on the number of Yetis defeated, and the amount of Yetis that appear is dependent on which of the three difficulty levels you choose to play.
- Normal - This is the main gameplay where the player beats various levels and Brain Busters to proceed through the map.
- Adventure Mode - This is where the player fights against the zombies in turn-based combat to beat various levels.
- Greenhouse - Plants in the Normal Mode can be upgraded here.
- Nutrition Room
- Player's House
- Zen Garden
- Item Exchange
- Tree of Wisdom
- Zombie Island
- Arena - There are three types of arena battles, all of them allowing you to participate in PvP battles, all of which give you rewards.
- Road of Trial - There are 150 levels. After beating the levels, you can get rewards each day.
- Plant Exchange - Views all plants' information. The player can also exchange Plant Puzzle Pieces into new plants that can be used in Adventure Mode here.
- Backpack - Holds all the player's contents.
Tencent Games and PopCap today kicked off worldwide the first beta test of Plants vs Zombies Online. The game recruited 3000 players to settle down in the PvZ town and interested gamers can apply to be the first citizens in the game.
Plants vs. Zombies Online enhances the gameplay and in the beta version, players will encounter a zombie boss inspired by Sphinx in Egypt. Besides, beta participants can get their hands on a new plant exclusive for this game, the Moten. Every player has a garden to grow and develop plants and make items.
|Icon||Area||Number of Levels||Requirement|
|Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum||40||Complete Tutorial|
|Ancient Egypt||30||Complete Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum|
|Pirate Seas||60||Complete Ancient Egypt|
|Far Future||60||Complete Pirate Seas|
|East Sea Dragon Palace||16 (not finished)||Complete Far Future|
|Walkthrough (all areas)|
- Split Pea (Adventure Mode only)
- Chili Bean (Adventure Mode only)
- Lightning Reed (Adventure Mode only)
- Pea Pod (Adventure Mode only)
- Melon-pult (Adventure Mode only)
- Starfruit (Adventure Mode only)
- Chomper (Adventure Mode only)
- Cattail (Adventure Mode only)
- Rose Swordsman (Adventure Mode only)
- Fire Peashooter (Adventure Mode only)
- Oak Archer (Adventure Mode only)
- Acid Lemon (Adventure Mode only)
- Ghost Pepper (Adventure Mode only)
- Guacodile (Adventure Mode only)
- Hurrikale (Adventure Mode only)
- Plantern (Adventure Mode only)
- White Radish (Adventure Mode only)
Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum
East Sea Dragon Place
Adventure Mode Only
How to play video tutorial