This page lists upcoming content for Plants vs. Zombies Heroes. Please note that things change over time and some things that are listed now might become scrapped later. For these reasons, the concepts page serves as an archive of scrapped and unused features.
Set3 and Set4
Set3 and Set4 are the code names for a new set of cards. The information found in the following is a work in progress, and thus are not final. It is unknown when this set is slated for release.
An * means that the text is probably not official and may be inaccurate.
|Grape Responsibility||Berry Trick||Double a plant's .||1||-||-|
|Primal Potato Mine||Root Plant||When destroyed: Do 3 damage to a Zombie here.||1||0||1|
|Pumpkin Shield||Squash Plant||Springboard: A Plant played on this gets +2/+4.||3||2||4|
|Master Grave Blaster||Root Plant||Bullseye|
Plant Evolution: Destroy all Gravestones here and next door.
|Primal Wall-Nut||Nut Plant||Team-Up|
When played: Draw a card.
|Three-Nut||Pea Nut Plant||When a Plant is played: That plant's becomes 3.||3||3||1|
|Gilly Bean||Bean Plant||Amphibious|
When played: This gets +2/+2 for each other Plant in Water.
|Tricarrotops||Root Animal Plant||Bullseye|
Dino-Roar: This gets +1/+1.
|King Coconut||Fruit Nut Plant||When played: Make Wall-Nuts next door.|
Nut Evolution: All Plants with no Attack get +3.
|Shelf Mushroom||Mushroom Berry Plant||Springboard: Do 2 damage.||2||2||3|
|Mesozoic Magnolia||Flower Plant||Plant Evolution: Plants here and next door get +2.||3||2||4|
|Fireweed||Flower Fruit Plant||When played on the Ground: Make Hot Lava here.||2||2||4|
|Imitater||Root Mime Plant||When you play a Plant, this transforms into a copy of that Plant.||3||2||2|
|Strawberrian||Berry Plant||When you play a Berry, do 1 damage to a random Zombie. Berry Evolution: Gain a Berry Blast.||3||3||2|
|Veloci-Radish||Root Animal Plant||When played: Make a copy of this with Team-Up here. Dino-Roar: This gets +1.||3||1||3|
|Gloom-Shroom||Mushroom Plant||When played: Do 1 damage to Zombies here and next door.|
Mushroom Evolution: Instead, do 3 damage to them.
|Veloci-Radish Packmate||Root Animal Plant||Dino-Roar: This gets +1.||3||1||3|
|Umbrella Leaf||Leafy Flower Plant||Team-Up|
Other Plants here and next door are Untrickable.
|Typical Beanstalk||Bean Plant||When played: Draw a card.||5||4||4|
|Pea Patch||Leafy Pea Plant||Springboard: A Plant played on this gets +2/+2.||2||2||2|
|Bamboozle||Tree Plant||Plant Evolution: Draw two cards.||6||5||6|
|Split Pea||Pea Plant||Before combat here: This does 1 damage to the Plant Hero.||2||4||1|
|Grape Power||Berry Trick||Double a plant's .|
Gain a Grape Responsibility.
|Savage Spinach||Leafy Plant||Leafy Evolution: All Plants in your hand get +2/+2.||4||5||3|
|Gatling Pea||Pea Plant||Double Strike|
Pea Evolution: This does a Bonus Attack.
|Apotatosaurus||Root Animal Plant||Untrickable|
Dino-Roar: This gets +2/+2, When played: Gain a Sweet Potato.
|Primal Peashooter||Pea Plant||When this hurts a Zombie, Bounce that Zombie.||1||2||2|
|Grave Mistake||Trick||Bounce a Gravestone.|
Draw a card.
|Sappy Place||Environment||Zombies here get -3||4||-||-|
|Lily Pad||Leafy Plant||Amphibious|
Springboard: A Plant played on this gets Amphibious, and you draw a card.
|Tricorn||Nut Plant||This attacks here and next door.|
Plant Evolution: This gets +2.
This attacks both lanes next door instead of this lane.
|Jelly Bean||Bean Plant||This gets +1/+1 when anything is bounced.|
Bean Evolution: Bounce a Zombie.
|Shrinking Ultra Violet||Flower Trick||Zombies here and next door get -2.||4||-||-|
|Lima-Pleurodon||Bean Animal Plant||Amphibious|
Dino-Roar: Shuffle two Magic Beanstalks into your deck.
|Bird of Paradise||Flower Animal Plant||Amphibious|
Start of turn: Conjure a Superpower.
When played on Heights: A Zombie gets -1/-1.
|Eyespore||Moss Plant||Springboard: Destroy a Zombie here.||2||2||1|
|Elderberry||Flower Berry Plant||Strikethrough|
Plant Evolution: This gets +3.
|Primal Sunflower||Flower Plant||Start of turn: You get +1.||1||2||1|
|Green Crosshairs||Trick||All Plants get Strikethrough this turn.|
Draw a card.
|Sunflower Seed||Flower Seed Plant||When destroyed: Make a Sunflower here.||3||3||2|
|Aloesaurus||Cactus Animal Plant||Dino-Roar: Heal all Plants and the Plant Hero for 2.||5||5||6|
|Cob Cannon||Corn Plant||When played: Zombies here and next door get -1/-1.|
Team-Up Evolution: Destroy a Zombie here.
|Haunting Ghost||Monster Zombie||When played: A Plant gets -1/-1.||2||2||1|
|Killer Whale||Pet Zombie||Amphibious|
Springboard: A Zombie played on this gets +2/+2 and Amphibious.
|1000-Year Cheesemonger||Gourmet Zombie||Zombie Evolution: Destroy a Plant.||4||4||3|
|Hunting Grounds||Environment||Zombies here get Hunt.|
When a Zombie enters or leaves this lane, it gets +1/+1.
|Wilting Away||Gourmet Trick||A Plant gets -2/-2. All other copies of that Plant also get -2/-2.||3||-||-|
|Ancient Vimpire||Monster Imp Zombie||Frenzy|
When a Zombie with Frenzy destroys a Plant, that Zombie gets +2/+2.
|Brontosaurus Rider||History Pet Zombie||Amphibious|
Dino-Roar: All Pets gets +1/+1.
|Gargantuar-Throwing-Gargantuar||Gargantuar Zombie||When hurt: Make a random Gargantuar in a random lane.||7||5||5|
|Mustache Waxer||Professional Mustache Zombie||Start of Tricks: All Mustaches in your hand cost 1 less.||1||1||3|
|Copter Commando||Science Imp Zombie||-||5||6||5|
|Pot of Silver||Barrel Trick||Draw three cards.||5||-||-|
|Mustache Monument||Mustache Zombie||Springboard: A Zombie played on this does a Bonus Attack.||2||1||5|
|Zomblob||Monster Zombie||Zombie Evolution: You get +5 this turn.||4||4||4|
|Evolutionary Leap||Trick||Transform a Zombie into a random Zombie that costs 1 more.|
Draw a card.
|Duckstache||Mustache Zombie||When this does damage, Conjure a Mustache card.|
Mustache Evolution: This does a Bonus Attack.
|Parasol Zombie||Party Zombie||Untrickable|
Zombies next door are Untrickable.
|Gargantuar Mime||Gargantuar Mime Zombie||When a non-Mime Plant or Zombie does a Bonus Attack, this does a Bonus Attack.||5||5||5|
|Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur||Science Pet Zombie||Bullseye|
Dino-Roar: make a random History Zombie in a random lane.
|Mystery Egg||Gourmet Zombie||Start of Tricks: Transform this into a random zombie that costs 2 or less.||1||-||2|
|Sugary Treat||Gourmet Trick||A Zombie gets +3/+1.||2||-||-|
|Disco Dance Floor||Dancing Zombie||Overshoot 3|
Springboard: a Zombie played on this gets Overshoot 3.
|Lizard Zombie||Monster Zombie||Zombie Evolution: Do 2 damage to each Plant.||3||3||2|
|Grave Robber Zombie||Mustache Pirate Zombie||CQI||1||2||2|
|Zombie's Best Friend||Pet Zombie||When played: Make a random Zombie that costs 2 or less.||2||2||1|
|Four-Armed Bandit||Party Monster Zombie||Zombie Evolution: Conjure a Zombie, a Trick, and an Environment.||4||4||4|
|Ankylosaurus Rider||History Pet Zombie||Dino-Roar: Do 2 damage to a random Plant or Plant Hero.||4||2||5|
|Jungle Drummer||Dancing Zombie||When you play a Dancing card is played, do 2 damage to the Plant Hero.|
Dancing Evolution: This gets +2/+2 and Bullseye.
|Healthy Treat||Gourmet Trick||A Zombie gets +1/+3.||1||-||-|
|Zombie Middle Manager||Professional Zombie||This gets +1 when another Professional gets hurt.|
When played: Conjure a Professional.
|Angry Colosseum||Sports Zombie||Frenzy|
Springboard: A Zombie played on this gets +3/+3 and Frenzy.
|Primal Yeti||History Pet Zombie||Zombie Evolution: All other Zombies gets +2/+2.||5||4||4|
|Jurassic Fossilhead||Professional History Zombie||Untrickable|
Professional Evolution: This gets +3/+3.
|Hand of Devastation||Trick||Destroy a Plant with 3 or less.||3||-||-|
|Turquoise Skull Zombie||History Mustache Zombie||Gravestone|
Start of turn: The Plant player loses 1 this turn. This gets +1/+1.
|Glamorous Gladiator||Sports Zombie||When played: All Plants get -1.|
Sports Evolution: Destroy each Plant with 2 or less.
|Stegosaurus Rider||History Pet Zombie||Dino-Roar: all cards in your hand cost 1 less.||5||3||6|
|Swabbie||Imp Pirate Zombie||Amphibious||0||1||1|
|Barrel of Barrels||Barrel Trick||A Zombie becomes Deadly.|
Conjure a Barrel.
|Excavator Zombie||Professional Mustache Zombie||Gravestone|
When revealed: Bounce all Plants here.
|Buried Treasure||Pirate Zombie||Springboard: Shuffle four Pots of Gold into your deck.||2||2||3|
|Blowgun Imp||Dancing Imp Zombie||Deadly|
Zombie Evolution: This gets +2 and Strikethrough.
|Monkey Trainer||Pirate Pet Zombie||GravestoneWhen you play a Trick, steal a section from the Plant Hero's Super-Block Meter.||2||2||3|
|Frozen Viking||Pirate Zombie||Amphibious|
When played: Freeze all Plants in the Water. Pirate Evolution: Freeze all Plants.
|Stone Gargantuar||Monster Gargantuar Zombie||End of Turn: All Gargantuars hide in Gravestones.||6||7||5|
|Raptor Rider||History Pet Zombie||Dino-Roar: This gets +1/+1.
When this hurts the Plant Hero, draw a card.
|Zombot Aerostatic Gondola||Science Pirate Zombie||*Amphibious|
When this does damage, it moves to a random lane and leaves behind a random Zombie.
Set 3 introduces a new batch of traits and a new evolution mechanic:
- Plant Evolution: You can play this on a Plant to use this ability.
- Mushroom Evolution: You can play this on a Mushroom to use this ability.
- Pea Evolution: You can play this on a Pea to use this ability.
- Bean Evolution: You can play this on a Bean to use this ability.
- Team-Up Evolution: You can play this on a Plant with Team-Up to use this ability.
- Leafy Evolution: You can play this on a Leafy Plant to use this ability.
- Berry Evolution: You can play this on a Berry to use this ability.
- Nut Evolution: You can play this on a Nut to use this ability.
- Zombie Evolution: You can play this on a Zombie to use this ability.
- Professional Evolution: You can play this on a Professional to use this ability.
- Mustache Evolution: You can play this on a Mustache Zombie to use this ability.
- Dancing Evolution: You can play this on a Dancing Zombie to use this ability.
- Sports Evolution: You can play this on a Sports Zombie to use this ability.
- Pirate Evolution: You can play this on a Pirate to use this ability.
- Untrickable: Completely unaffected by Zombie/Plant Tricks.
- Springboard: You can play a plant/zombie above this plant/zombie to activate the ability.
- Dino-Roar: Uses this ability when you draw a card.
There are also some set-less traits
Upcoming Event Cards
Below are upcoming Event cards. These are not finalized. Italicized abilities means it does not have official text yet, and the wording may be incorrect.
|Trans-fig-uration||Leafy Fruit Plant||Whenever a plant becomes hurt, transform that Plant into a random Plant.||4||2||7||"By Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, if you look at a Plant too closely, you actually change what that Plant is..."|
|Go-Nuts||Flower Nut Plant||Team-Up|
Whenever a plant with Team-Up is played, all other Team-Up plants get +1.
|3||2||2||"GROW-Nuts! THROW-Nuts! When we get big we GO-Nuts! Goooooooo PLANTS!"|
|Witch Hazel||Flower Plant||End of Turn: Destroy a random Zombie, and make a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up there.||4||0||1||Zombies are always trying to build a bridge out of her.|
|Ketchup Mechanic||Fruit Plant||When played: For each Zombie in play, this gets +1/+1 and Heal the Plant Hero for 1.||3||1||1||Catchup mechanics help you get back in a game when you're behind. Ketchup Mechanics fix your fruit.|
|Haunted Pumpking||Squash Plant||When played: The Zombie player Conjures a Monster.||1||4||2||"For generations, the Pumpkings have kept their realms safe from a terrible curse. Tonight, they finally face their greatest fear."|
|Fraidy Cat||Pet Zombie||This gets 1/+1 and moves to a random lane when a Plant Trick is played.||1||2||2||What's a black cat's favorite color? Purrrrr-ple.|
|Sneezing Zombie||Gourmet Zombie||Plants and the Plant Hero can't be healed. When played: All Plants get -1/-1.||4||2||4||Flowers give her awful allergies and sickening sneezes. Is that why she wears one on her head?|
|Unexpected Gifts||Party Trick||Conjure three Event cards. Then the Plant Hero Conjures an Event card.||2||-||-||"For the 4th day of Feastivus, my true love gave to me: 1 Fire Rooster, 1 Sneezing Zombie, 1 Bad Moon Rising, and a partridge in a Pear Tree!"|
|Exploding Fruitcake||Gourmet Party Trick||Do 6 damage to a Plant. The Plant Hero Conjures a Fruit.||2||-||-||Once you get past all the dynamite and bombs, fruitcakes actually contain at least 5% Fruit.|
|Frankentuar||Monster Gargantuar Zombie||This gets +1/+1 when a Zombie is destroyed.||5||5||5||IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALI-I-I-IVE! Ok, strictly speaking, it's not alive.|
|Zombie Nurse||Professional Zombie||Start of Tricks: Heal all Zombies and the Zombie Hero for 2.||3||2||4|
|Captain Deadbeard||Mustache Pirate Zombie||Pirates have Strikethrough||3||2||4||Yo ho ho! It's a pirate's unlife for him!|
These are the current code names for unknown upcoming cards which may change as time progresses.
- Buddy System
- Raptor Grounds
- Brainy Environment, 3, Rare, "When a Zombie enters this lane, it does a Bonus Attack."
Changes to old cards
Some of the token cards from the first set will be changed to regular playable cards. Here are the following:
- Puff-Shroom now costs 0 (Originally costed 1)
- Mystery Egg is now a normal playable card.
- Magic Beanstalk gets a redesign, original design is given to Typical Beanstalk.
- Trick-or-Treater is now a Gourmet Party Zombie (Was originally just a Gourmet Zombie)
- Sappy Place now costs 4 (Originally costed 2)
- Haunting Ghost now gives a plant -1/-1 when played (Originally did not have any abilities)
- Copter Commando now costs 5 (Originally costed 6)
- Sugary Treat now gives a zombie +3/+1 (Originally gave a zombie +2 strength)
- Healthy Treat now costs 1 and gives a zombie +1/+3 (Originally costed 2 and gave a zombie +2 health)
- Swabbie now costs 0 (Originally costed 1)
- Captain Deadbeard is now Sneaky, an event card, has 2/4, and gives all pirates Strikethrough when he's on the board (Originally was Token, Crazy, had 4/3 and no abilities)
These cards are officially released, but cannot be obtained. They will soon be available via tickets and eventually, will be craftable. However, you can obtain the Plant cards now, but only through Plucky Clover, Cornucopia, Molekale, Petal-Morphosis, and Seedling. The zombie cards can only be obtained through Eureka, Portal Technician, Mad Chemist, and other random zombie spawners.
Random Battles is a feature that allows the player to fight a random AI player with any deck. It does not count with the regular Plants/Zombie Missions or Multiplayer, it is a separate mode. It seems to not allow the player to pick a hero to fight or what deck to use, it will only select a random hero using either a Strategy deck or a deck from Plants/Zombie Missions.
Hero Levels is an unfinished feature which adds an upgrade system to Heroes in the game. Whether or not this is a single player mode or multiplayer mode is unclear, as well as whether or not it will be added to the game.
Hero Levels adds two new currencies: Gold and Shards. It is unclear what the currencies do.
Hero Levels feature 10 levels per Hero. At Level 1, all Heroes will be nerfed to only have 15 Health and access to two Superpowers: one is their unique and the other is a shared superpower. From then on, as Heroes are leveled up, they gain more Health to a maximum of 20, gain the rest of their superpowers, as well as get a 25% chance to receive a fifth card after the mulligan phase.
- Pumpkin Shield is based on Pumpkin from the original game.
- Grave Mistake reuses the textures for the scrapped Flick-a-Zombie superpower, with a Gravestone instead of a Zombie. This goes as well for Hand of Devastation reusing the textures for the unused Flick-a-Plant, with a similar card image.
- Bird of Paradise is based on both the flower (specifically the strelitzia (Strelitzia reginae)) and bird of the same name.
- Grape Power and Grape Responsibility's names are puns on the phrase "With great power comes great responsibility."
- Typical Beanstalk looks exactly like Magic Beanstalk's original appearance.
- Magic Beanstalk will now be a darker shade of green and surrounded by purple sparkles.
- Zombie Middle Manager has the appearance of Zombie, but with glasses.
- Ketchup Mechanic could be a reference to catch-up mechanic.
- Some of Mustache Waxer's textures are reskinned versions of Pool Shark's textures, like some of Duckstache's textures are reskinned versions of Dog Walker.
- Imitater's ability is a reference to how it became a copy of a selected plant in Plants vs. Zombies.
- Legendaries such as Barrel of Deadbeards, Teleportation Zombie and Quazard will have a minor change where they create a column of light in their entering animations.
- Haunting Pumpking deals the second-most damage out of one-cost cards, after Precision Blast.
- Its name is also a play on the words "king," a ruler of an area, and "pumpkin," the plant that he is based on.
- Trans-fig-uration's name is a portemau of "transfiguration" and "fig."
- Unexpected Gifts' description is a reference to its ability, where three Zombie event cards (Fire Rooster, Sneezing Zombie and Bad Moon Rising in this case) and one non-existing Plant (event) card (Pear Tree) are being conjured.
- Pear Tree may possibly be another Plant event card planned to be released soon.
- In Set 3, every Plant and Zombie class has a legendary fighter card that has a Dino-Roar ability that activates when the respective player draws a card, similar to Bananasaurus Rex.
- In Set 3, all Plant and Zombie classes have 2 rare cards, with one of them being a Springboard card, and the other being a fighter card with a Plant/Zombie Evolution ability.