- For a similar page regarding Plants vs. Zombies 2, see Plants vs. Zombies 2/Concepts.
- For upcoming content, see Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Upcoming content.
This page lists unused content and concept art for the game Plants vs. Zombies Heroes. It should be noted that these descriptions are not fabricated but are primarily found in various versions of the game's code. Additionally, one should note that some of these "scrapped" features might be reintroduced to the game in the future.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes started development in 2014 and concept art exists from the game's earliest stages.
Game of Plants
The Game of Plants (based on Game of Thrones) is mentioned a few times in the code. It is possibly an event or a future mission. Some unused descriptions like "Winter is coming," "Summer is coming" and "Mekka Lekka Hi-Mekka Hiney BRAINS!" might be related to this. Additionally, two unknown heroes are mentioned—Crime Biter and Professor Von Bats (possibly Chompzilla and Professor Brainstorm).
Fastest Match Icon
The August/September Update (version 1.18.3) claimed to add a "Fastest Match Icon" and that "In Multiplayer, if you can get faster matchmaking at your Rank by playing Plants or Zombies, you'll see a Fastest Match icon." This icon has not been seen in that update nor in any other updates since then.
Sometimes during the loading screen for a multiplayer game, the game uses different names for the heroes in the code than in the actual game. These names are sometimes used for multiplayer names for users under the age of 13 or if connection is too slow to load the username.
Additionally, the classes Crazy and Beastly are code-named madcap and hungry, respectively.
Old Plant Designs
Old Zombie Designs
- In Spudow's concept Hero Intro comic, you can see Cakesplosion has hair, while in the final game, he does not have any hair.
- Though, in early beta releases, Cakesplosion would have hair on Pack Art, and this would be changed later, meaning Cakesplosion likely had hair at some point in development.
- According to the code for PvZ Heroes, Yeti's Lunchbox was going to be a superpower.
- Nibble was also going to be a superpower as well.
- It's likely Teleportation Zombie's design was changed to make it look less closer to copyrighted material from Star Trek, but it could've been changed out of creativity.
- Cat Lady and Fraidy Cat's textures are located in the same section of the game files in early releases of PvZ Heroes. As only fighters who share textures are stored this way, one can assume that they were linked at some point, or even part of the same fighter in earlier versions.
- Crazy Dave and Dr. Zomboss have unused full-body textures. According to code, they were going to be Heroes themselves instead of simply instructing the player.
- The Unused hero levelling system includes Dr. Zomboss and Crazy Dave as Heroes the player can get Hero Shards for, furthering this theory.