Plants vs. Zombies Heroes is a collectible mobile card game announced on March 10, 2016, through PopCap Games' official YouTube channel and soft released in certain countries on the same day. It is set to be fully released later in 2016, but no concrete date was given.
It's the lawn of a new battle! Plants vs. Zombies Heroes mobile lets you collect and choose from hundreds of characters across the PvZ Universe in this epic collectible card game that takes you beyond the backyard.
For the first time ever on mobile, play as either plants or zombies and unlock their lawn-inspiring super powers. Collect hundreds of characters, including new roster favorites from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 like Super Brainz, Z-Mech, Citron, and Rose, and adventure through an all new PvZ Universe with a unique, comic-style narrative. Pick your favorite hero, assemble your team, and use your heroic skills to outwit your opponents in battle.
Battle and adventure by yourself against AI in the single player campaign, or battle against other players in real-time multiplayer! Challenge your friends or test your powers and strategy against the rest of the world in casual or ranked multiplayer battles – all in real time. Complete Daily Quests to earn rewards to expand your roster of Heroes and sidekicks.
In adventure mode, lead your favorite plant and zombies on epic missions to battle and take down all opposing Heroes across locations as zany and diverse as the Heroes who inhabit them. Experience the story of Plants vs. Zombies Heroes via comic-styled story sequences revealed as your adventure progresses. Use the adventure mode to tone your skills and fine-tune your strategy, experimenting with different heroes and powerful teammate combinations along the way.
On this game it is possible to play as both the zombies and the plants, with the main game modes being:
- Plant Missions - Where the player progresses through the plants' campaign;
- Zombie Missions - Where the player progresses through the zombies' campaign;
- Multiplayer - Where the player fights against other real life players around the world as either the plants or the zombies.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Glitches
Check this page to find the various glitches of this game.
Concept art and upcoming content
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Concepts
Check these articles to see concept art of the game and upcoming content that is going to be added in the future new updates. However, beware, as there are spoilers ahead.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Update history
This game regularly gets updates that can bring exciting new content or bug fixes. Check this page to see the various updates to this game and when they were released.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Deck-building strategies
On this page can be found various customized decks for each hero. Check them out in case you need new strategies to destroy your single player bosses or multiplayer foes!
The main objective of this game is to defeat the opposing side Hero by reducing its health to 0. That is done via the cards played on the field. There are two types of cards: Fighters (Plants/Zombies) and Tricks.
- Fighters are cards that stay on the field until destroyed. They all have three stats: Strength (); Health () and Cost (/), plus some have special abilities that can't be ignored and makes each one unique. The player must know how to use those in their favor in order to win against tougher opponents.
In the battle phase, each one attacks. The strength of the fighter is the damage they deal to the enemy, and the health points is how much damage they can take before being destroyed. If there are no opposing cards on the same lane, the enemy Hero is attacked.
- Tricks are cards that directly affect the game by damaging or healing Fighters or Heroes, summoning or destroying Fighters, adding or removing strength or health, ect. If on the zombies side, they can only be played on the third phase of the turn. If on the plants side, they can be deployed during their phase. The only attribute associated with them is their Cost (/).
- Superpowers are a powerful tribe of trick cards that cost 1 brain/sun each. One is given at the start of each game and you can only gain more by getting a Super-Block. There are four Superpowers in a deck: 3 regular ones that are each shared by two heroes, and 1 Signature Superpower, an exceptionally powerful move that is exclusive to the Hero.
Each hero has 20 points of health plus a Super-Block Meter. When damage is suffered, the Super-Block Meter will fill up randomly 1-3 blocks with a 5% chance to Insta-Fill (instant block), where a shield consists of 10 blocks. When the Mega-Block charger becomes full, the Hero will block the attack, and receive a superpower that can be saved or deployed immediately for free. Each Hero can block attacks a total of 3 times per game. Each time the Hero blocks, one shield below meter will disappear.
During a game, each turn has four phases.
- The first one is the Zombies Play phase, where the Zombie Hero can summon zombie Fighters;
- The second one is the Plants Play phase, where the Plant Hero can plant both Plant Tricks and Fighters;
- The third one is the Zombie Tricks phase, where the Zombie Hero can only play Zombie Tricks;
- And the last one is the battle phase, where each card played battle from left to the right, so Fighters on the leftmost lane attack first and the Fighters on the rightmost lane attack last.
At the start of each turn, the total amount of sun/brains received from the last turn plus one is given, allowing that the more powerful cards are only played later on the game, so the player must not only rely on them otherwise they have nothing to play on the first turns.
Each deck needs to have exactly 40 cards shared between tricks and plants/zombies. Additionally each hero has Superpowers which can't be changed and doesn't count towards the limit. It is allowed to have up to 4 copies of each card, and they are separated in basic and premium, followed by their rarity. Only 10 cards can be in your hand at once, if you already have ten cards in your hand, you cannot draw more. However, it is possible to have more than ten cards in your hand through the Bounce effect.
Basic cards are purchased at the store using coins that are earned after battle (15 after winning in a mission, 10 for winning a casual match, 20 for winning a ranked match, 100 after winning a boss battle, 5 after failure and zero for friendly match.). Premium cards are only obtained at the store though Premium Packs or a free pack by losing a battle multiple times (normally 4), and their rarity means the chances of obtaining them via packs is low unless there is a limited time offer that offers specific cards.
Heroes are the main playable characters in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and the ones required to be defeated so the game can end.
Heroes have unique Superpowers, Tricks, Classes and cards who they can lead, making each one different from the others.
At the end of each mission there is a Boss Battle against one of the Heroes.That hero always appears in the corner of a mission's screen. These battles have a special gimmick (like a change on the number of cards given, increased or decreased health or pre-summoned Fighters) that can have a powerful effect on the required playstyle. Starting from Mission 21 from each side, the third battle or Crisis Battle will also have a special gimmick.
Each mission consists of five stages, the Encounter Battle, a regular battle against the main opposing hero, the Teammate Battle 1, against a different hero, the Mini-Boss Battle, which has a gimmick in the later missions, the Teammate Battle 2, against yet another different hero, and finally, the Boss Battle, which has a strong gimmick against the main opposing hero.
|Name||Pic||Class||Superpower||Fight Theme||Teammate counterpart|
|Green Shadow||Precision Blast|
Deals 5 damage in the middle lane
Deal 2 damage and get +1 for the rest of the game
This Hero can't be damaged until the end of the turn. Draw a card
Destroys the zombie with the lowest health
Spawn an that deals 6 damage to a zombie in its lane when destroyed
Plants are Shielded until the end of the turn. Draw a card
|Grass Knuckles||Power Pummel
Do 2 damage in every ground lane.
|Obstacle Course||Bonk Choy|
|Nightcap||Mush-Boom||Dojo||Possibly Poison Mushroom or Scaredy Shroom|
|Rose||Goatify||Castle||Possibly Briar Rose|
|Captain Combustible||Blazing Bark
Gives +4 to a plant
|Name||Pic||Class||Superpower||Fight Theme||Teammate counterpart|
|Super Brainz||Carried Away|
Move a Zombie and have that zombie do a bonus attack
|The Smash||Slammin' Smackdown|
Destroy a plant with 4 or less
|Wrestling Ring||Smashing Gargantuar|
Make two with Amphibious on random lanes
A Plant gets -3. Draw a card
|Electric Boogaloo||Stayin' Alive|
Deal 3 damage to a Plant and your hero heals +3
|Brain Freeze||Frozen Tundra|
Freeze all plants on the ground
|Frozen Waterpark||Zombie Yeti|
Gain 3 random cards from the entire game
|University||Possibly Gadget Scientist|
Make a that says "When this hurts a Plant, draw a card".
Attack for 2 damage in 3 random lanes.
Make a 40px with Amphibious.
|Beach||Possibly Octo Zombie|
Each hero leads two different classes which have different types of attacks and traits.
- Afterlife - When the zombie is defeated, it can be played again. Zombies like the Haunting Zombie or the Octo Zombie must be defeated twice before getting destroyed.
- Anti-Hero - Does more damage when attacking the enemy Hero. Extra Strength equivalent to Anti-Hero value.
- Armored - Reduces damage from attacks equal to its Armored value. Can reduce damage to 0.
- Amphibious - Can be placed in water lanes.
- Bounce - Bounces the target plant/zombie back into the player's hand. It can be played again.
- Bullseye - Does not charge the Super-Block Meter if a successful hit is landed on the enemy Hero.
- Deadly - Automatically kills the damaged plant after battling. Only Zombies in Sneaky class have this ability. There are 3 zombies with this trait in-game.
- Extra Sun/Brains - Gives extra Sun/Brains to the player.
- Extra Stats - Increases Strength/Health by given values during the first turn played.
- Freeze - Frozen enemy skips its next attack.
- Frenzy - Does a bonus attack if it defeats a plant.
- Gravestone - Hides under a Gravestone until the Zombie Tricks phase. Any "When played" abilities happen at the beginning of the Zombie Tricks phase. Can be prematurely destroyed before any effects take place with Grave Buster. Can heal zombie in it if using a trick. Only Zombies have this ability.
- Can't be hurt - Cannot take damage from battle this turn.
- Splash - Deals damage to enemies next door. Splash Strength is Splash value. Only Plants have this ability.
- Strikethrough - Penetrates multiple foes to deal damage to the Hero and all other enemies in the way. There are 4 plants and 3 zombies with this trait in-game.
- Team-Up - Can be placed in front or behind another teammate, or a teammate can be placed in front of or behind itself. Only Plants have this ability.
Cards are used to create your hero's decks. In each deck, you choose 40 Teammates and Tricks, and 3 Superpowers, plus the signature superpower that is obligatory to have.
- Main article: Plants (PvZH)
Neutral (Removed in the 1.2.11 update)
- Flick-a-Zombie - Deal 1 damage to a zombie.
- Inspire - Give +1/+1 to a plant.
- Rejuvenate - Heal a plant or your Hero for 2.
- Cactus - Has 5 and shoots weak spikes. Has the Bullseye trait.
- Guacodile - Attacks by shooting its pits at zombies - If destroyed, deals 4 damage to a zombie in its lane. Has the Amphibious trait.
- Hibernating Beary - When hurt, this gets +4.
- Jugger-Nut - Acts like an attacking Wall-Nut with lower . Has the Bullseye and Armored 1 traits.
- Mirror-Nut - When your nut plants are damaged, deal 2 damage to the zombie hero.
- Pea-Nut - Has Team-Up trait. Acts as a Wall-Nut with attack power.
- Pismashio - Shoots pistachios at zombies.
- Poppin' Poppies - Creates a here and next door.
- Potato Mine - If destroyed, deals 2 damage to the zombie in the lane.
- Prickly Pear - Does not attack. When hurt, deals 4 damage to the zombie in its lane.
- Sea-Shroom - Has Amphibious trait.
- Smackadamia - Attacks zombies by jumping up and hitting them. When played, all nut plants get +2.
- Small-Nut -
- Soul Patch - When the hero is damaged, this will get hurt instead. Has Armored 1.
- Spineapple - Attacks zombies by shooting spikes at them. If this is played, all plants with no strength gain +2.
- Steel Magnolia - All plants here and next door gains +2.
- Sting Bean - Has Amphibious and Bullseye traits.
- Tough Beets - When played, gets +1 for every plant and zombie on the lawn. Has Armored 1.
- Wall-Nut - Does not attack, but instead is a defensive plant with 6. Has Team-Up trait.
- Water Chestnut - Has Amphibious and Team-Up traits.
- Doom-Shroom - Destroys all plants and zombies with more than 4.
- Gardening Gloves - Move a plant and gain a teammate.
- Grave Buster - Destroy a gravestone.
- Wall-Nut Bowling - Make a in every ground lane. Then each one attacks dealing 6 damage.
- Bubble Up - Moves a plant. It gets +3.
- Nut Signal - Make a and draws a card.
- Root Wall - A plant gets +2 and is shielded that turn.
- Buff-Shroom - Attacks zombies by shooting a purple cloud at them. When played, all Mushrooms on the field gets +1/+1.
- Button Mushroom -
- Bluesberry - Deals 2 damage to a zombie when played.
- Dandy Lion King - When played, it removes half of the zombie hero's health. It attacks by shooting dandelion seeds.
- Grapes of Wrath - Deals 6 damage to the zombie hero when destroyed.
- Kernel Corn - Does 4 damage to every zombie when played.
- Mushroom Ringleader - Gets +2 for every plant in the lawn and when you just played.
- Pair of Pears - Summon a Pear Pal in front of it.
- Pineclone - Transforms all plants into clones of himself.
- Poison Ivy - Attacks zombies by hitting them with its leaves. Has Anti-Hero 4 trait.
- Poison Mushroom - Has Anti-Hero 2 trait.
- Poison Oak - Has Anti-Hero 5 trait.
- Punish-Shroom - When a Mushroom plant is destroyed, it will do 2 damage to a random zombie or the zombie hero.
- Seedling - At the end of the turn, transforms into a random plant that costs 6 or less.
- Sergeant Strongberry - Does extra damage when other berry plant hurts a zombie.
- Shroom for Two - When played, it will summon a in front of it.
- Sour Grapes - Attacks zombies by shooting grapes at them. When played, it deals 1 damage to all zombies on the field.
- Wild Berry - When played, it will move to a random lane.
- Zapricot - Attacks zombies by electrocuting them using purple electricity.
- Berry Angry - Gives every plant on the lawn +2.
- Berry Blast - Deals 3 damage to a chosen zombie or Zombie Hero.
- Cherry Bomb - Deals 4 damage to each zombie here and next door.
- Petal-Morphosis - Transforms a plant into a random plant.
- Sizzle - Deals 5 damage to a zombie.
- Meteor Strike - Does 3 damage to a Zombie.
- More Spore - Creates 2 in two random lanes.
- Storm Front - All plants get +1/+1.
- Bananasaurus Rex - Gets +1/+1 when you gain a teammate. After combat, it will do a bonus attack.
- Black-Eyed Pea - Gains +1/+1 when a zombie trick is played.
- Bonk Choy - Attacks zombies by punching them. When played, it gets +1 for the turn.
- Cabbage-Pult - Attacks zombies by lobbing weak cabbages at them, but gets +1/+1 when placed on heights.
- Doubled Mint - Doubles its and at the start of every turn.
- Fire Peashooter - Attacks zombies by shooting a fire pea at them.
- Grow-Shroom - Attacks zombies by shooting a yellow cloud of spores at them. When played, gives another plant +2/+2.
- Muscle Sprout - Gains +1/+1 when you play a plant.
- Party Thyme - When a plant does a bonus attack, gain a card.
- Pea Pod - Initially has 1/1, but gains another +1/+1 after the end of every turn.
- Peashooter - Attacks zombies by shooting a pea at them.
- Potted Powerhouse - While on your deck, it gets +1/+1 every time a plant you already played gains extra or .
- Repeater - Attacks zombies by shooting two peas at them, and does a bonus attack if it survives.
- Re-Peat Moss - When a Plant Trick is played, do a bonus attack.
- Skyshooter - When played on heights, it will gain +2/+2.
- Super-Phat Beets - Attacks zombies by playing a turntable and shooting musical notes at the zombies. It gets +1/+1 for every plant and zombie on the lawn when played.
- Sweet Potato - Move a zombie from another lane to here.
- The Podfather - When you play a Pea plant, that plant gets +2/+2.
- Torchwood - Any peashooter behind it gains +2.
- Whipvine - When played, move a Zombie to another lane.
- Espresso Fiesta - When used on a plant, that plant does three bonus attacks.
- Fertilize - A plant gets +3/+3.
- Flourish - When played, the player draws two cards.
- Plant Food - Give +1/+1 to a plant and a double attack.
- Embiggen - Give +2/+2 to a plant.
- Holo-Flora - Draw two cards.
- Time to Shine - Makes a plant do a bonus attack.
- Admiral Navy Bean - Attacks zombies by shooting a weak water splash. When another bean plant is planted, this does two to the zombie hero.
- Bean Counter - Gains +1/+1 when you play a bean. Also gives the player two Weenie Beanies that cost one sun and have 1/1.
- Brainana - When played, the enemy loses all their brains.
- Carrotillery - Has Team-up trait.
- Cattail - Has Amphibious trait.
- Chilly Pepper - Freezes a selected zombie.
- Jumping Bean - Bounce a zombie when played.
- Lightning Reed - Attacks by shooting electricity. Can attack both lanes next to it. Has Amphibious trait.
- Magic Beanstalk - When played, gain a teammate. Obtained only via Sow Magic Beans.
- Navy Bean - Attacks zombies by shooting a very strong water splash.
- Rescue Radish - When played, take a plant back to your deck.
- Shellery - Attacks by shooting celery mortar shells. Has Team-Up trait.
- Smoosh-Shroom - Attacks zombies by banging its head on the ground, sending a shockwave at the zombies.
- Snapdragon - Shoots fire blasts which hits here and next door.
- Snowdrop - Gets +2/+2 when a zombie is frozen.
- Snow Pea - When it attacks a zombie, it is frozen for the turn.
- The Great Zucchini - When played, it will transform every zombie into .
- Threepeater - Can attack zombies here and next door.
- Vanilla - Attacks zombies by shooting a white cloud at them.
- Weenie Beanie -
- Winter Melon - Has Splash Damage 4 trait. The zombies who get hurt become frozen.
- Winter Squash - Destroys any zombie that is frozen.
- Navy Bean - Amphibious and Team-Up.
- Iceberg Lettuce - Freezes a chosen zombie so that it cannot attack for one turn.
- Sow Magic Beans - Sends to the deck 4 40px. When played, the beans will give you a teammate.
- Spring Bean - Bounces a zombie.
- Big Chill - Freezes a Zombie and gains a teammate.
- Transmogrify - Transforms a Zombie into another random zombie that costs 2 or less.
- Whirlwind - Bounces a random zombie.
- Bloomerang- Has Strikethrough trait.
- Briar Rose - When a zombie hits a flower, destroys it.
- Chomper - When played, destroy a zombie with 3 or below.
- Cornucopia - Creates random plants in other lanes.
- Fume-Shroom - Shoots piercing fumes that can hit zombies in its lane and the opposing hero.
- Laser Bean - Shoots a piercing laser beam.
- Magnifying Grass - Gains strength from how much you have this turn.
- Metal Petal Sunflower - Acts like a sunflower, it gives sun at the start of each turn, except it can attack zombies and doesn't have the Team-up trait.
- Mixed Nuts - Attacks zombies by shooting pistachios at them. Gains +2/+2 if there is a plant with Team-up on its lane when played.
- Morning Glory - This gets +1/+1 if the hero has more than 6 at the begining of the turn.
- Pepper M.D. - Attacks by throwing a small medical hammer. Gets +2/+2 when your hero or a plant is healed.
- Power Flower - Attacks by shooting a beam of energy at the zombies. This plant has the trait, and heals your hero by 1 for each flower you have on the lawn.
- Sage Sage - Grants an extra card if you have 6 or more this turn.
- Smashing Pumpkin - Attacks zombies by creating an earthquake.
- Sunflower - Does not attack, but instead gives a at the start of each turn.
- Three-Headed Chomper - At the end of a turn, it will destroy a zombie in its lane and in the lanes next to it.
- Twin Sunflower - Does not attack, but instead produces 2 at the start of the turn.
- Venus Flytrap - Attack zombies by shooting spikes at them. When this plant deals damage, it heals the Plant Hero by that much.
- 2nd-Best Taco of All Time - Heal a plant or your hero by 4 and gain a teammate.
- Lawnmower - Destroys a zombie on ground terrain.
- Squash - Destroys a selected zombie.
- Water Balloons - A zombie loses -1/-1. If the player made at least 6 this turn, the zombie loses -2/-2.
- Whack-a-Zombie - Destroys a selected zombies with 3 or less .
- Geyser - Heal the hero and all plants for 4.
- Scorched Earth - All Zombies on the ground lose -1/-1.
- Weed Whack - A Zombie gets -2/-2.
- Main article: Zombies (PvZH)
- Imposter Zombie - Appears in the multiplayer menu screen.
Neutral (Removed in the 1.4.14 update)
Superpowers (Removed in the 1.2.11 update)
- Flick-a-Plant - Deal 1 damage to a plant.
- Get Well - Heal a zombie or the Zombie Hero for 2.
- Motivate - A zombie gets +1/+1.
- Cat Lady - Gets +3 for one turn when the player plays a Pet-Type zombie.
- Deep Sea Gargantuar - Has Amphibious trait.
- Dog Walker - This will move to the plant played in that lawn.
- Dolphin Rider - Has Amphibious status.
- Haunting Zombie - Has Afterlife trait.
- Kangaroo Rider - When damaged, take this teammate back to the deck.
- Loudmouth - A chosen Zombie gets +2/+2.
- Nurse Gargantuar - When this zombie does damage, it heals the zombie hero by that much.
- Octo Zombie - Has Amphibious, Frenzy and Afterlife traits.
- Pied Piper - Has Gravestone trait. When revealed, a plant gets -1/-1.
- Skunk Punk -
- Smashing Gargantuar - All Gargantuars get Frenzy.
- Snorkel Zombie - Attacks plants by spitting water at them. Has Amphibious status.
- Squirrel Herder - Destroys a Nut or a Berry on the lawn.
- Vimpire - Has Frenzy Trait. When this destroys a plant, this gets +2/+2.
- Zombie Yeti - Gain a Yeti Lunchbox that costs 1 and says "A zombie gets +1/+1". At the end of the turn, "Bounce" this Yeti.
- Zombot 1000 - When played, destroy every plant.
- Zookeeper - When you play another pet, all pets get +1.
- B-flat - Destroys a random plant.
- Locust Swarm - Destroys a plant.
- Maniacal Laugh - A zombie gets +5/+5 and Frenzy.
- Nibble - A plant gets -1/-1 and heal two to the Zombie Hero.
- Vitamin Z - A Zombie gets +3 /+3.
- Yeti Lunchbox - A zombie gets +1/+1.
- Acid Rain -. All plants on the ground get -1/-1.
- Evaporate - Destroys a damaged plant.
- Galvanize - A zombie gains +2/+2.
- Brain Vendor - Attacks plants by squirting them with mustard. Gives the Zombie Hero +3.
- Cardboard Robot Zombie -
- Cell Phone Zombie - Attacks plants by throwing its cell phone as a boomerang. When played the hero gains a teammate.
- Chimney Sweep - Attacks plants by shooting a cloud of ash at them. Gets +1/+1 when on heights.
- Drum Major - Attacks plants by throwing its baton at them.
- Electrician - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, a zombie will do a bonus attack.
- Gadget Scientist - When played, all Science-Type zombies do a bonus attack.
- Gentleman Zombie - When the zombie tricks phase has started, gain +2.
- Kite Flyer - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, it will give you a teammate when it attacks.
- Mad Chemist - When you play your first trick at the start of each zombie trick, gain a random trick.
- Mountain Climber - Bullseye. Gets +2/+2 on Heights.
- Paparazzi Zombie - Attacks plants by taking a photograph of them, hurting them with the camera flash. Gets +1/+1 when you play a trick.
- Pool Shark - Attacks plants by using its stick to hit them with a billiard ball.
- Portal Technician - When destroyed, summon a zombie here.
- Shieldcrusher Viking - When this hurts the Plant Hero, empty their block meter.
- Trickster - While still at the deck, its cost will decrease by -1 every time the player plays a trick. When played, does a bonus attack.
- Wizard Gargantuar - Attacks plants by throwing books at them. All Gargantuars gain Bullseye status.
- Zombot Drone Engineer - Whenever a Science Zombie does damage, that Zombie gets +1.
- Beam Me Up - Summons a .
- Fun-Dead Raiser - Gains two teammates.
- Hail-a-Copter - Summons a .
- Lurch for Lunch - A zombie does a bonus attack.
- Rocket Science - Destroys a plant with 4 or more.
- Teleport - Allows the Zombie Hero to play a zombie in the tricks phase, gain a teammate.
- Cut Down to Size - Destroys a plant with 5 or more.
- Summoning - Makes a zombie here that costs 2.
- Telepathy - When played, gains two teammates.
- Abracadaver - Has the Gravestone trait. When this hurts the Plant Hero, deals 3 damage to a random plant.
- Aerobics Instructor- All Dancing Zombies get +2 at the start of each turn.
- Backup Dancer -
- Barrel of Deadbeards - When destroyed, deals 1 damage to every plant and zombies, then create a 40px here.
- Exploding Imp - At the end of turn, this does 1 damage to itself.
- Conga Zombie - Attacks by playing her bongos. Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, deals 1 damage to a chosen plant.
- Cuckoo Zombie - Attacks plants by hurting them with the Cuckoo Clock he holds.
- Disco-Tron 3000 - When played, make a that says "When played, make a ".
- Disco Zombie - Spawns in a when played.
- Fireworks Zombie - When played, deals 1 damage to every plant and zombie.
- Flamenco Zombie - When played, it deals 2 damage to the Hero for every Dancing Zombie on the lawn.
- Foot Soldier Zombie - When played on heights, it deals 3 damage.
- Imp-Throwing Gargantuar - When hurt, it will summon a .
- Jester Zombie - When hurt, deal 2 damage to the plant hero.
- Newspaper Zombie - When hurt, this zombie gets +4.
- Orchestra Conductor - When played, all zombies get +2.
- Tennis Champ - Attacks plants by using a tennis racket to hit a tennis ball at them. When played, it gets +3.
- Unlife of the Party - Attacks plants by throwing confetti at them. Gets +1/+1 for a played Zombie.
- Valkyrie - While in the zombie hero's hand, it gains +2 for every zombie destroyed.
- Bungee Plumber - Deals 2 damage to a selected plant.
- Cakesplosion - Deals 4 damage to a plant selected.
- Gargantuars' Feast - Makes a random Gargantuar in three random lanes.
- The Chickening - Deals 2 damage to all plants.
- Zombot's Wrath - Deals 3 damage. When there is a zombie in every lane, it will deal 6 damage instead.
- Brute Strength - A zombie gets +3.
- Dance Off - Creates two s in random lanes.
- Electrobolt - Deals 3 to a selected plant.
- All-Star Zombie - Has Armored 1 and Frenzy traits.
- Zombie -
- Arm Wrestler - Gets +1/+1 when a plant is played on his lane.
- Baseball Zombie -
- Buckethead - Attacks by taking off its bucket and throwing the fish that are inside at plants. Has Armored 1 trait.
- Coffee Zombie - All zombies get Frenzy and +1/+1.
- Conehead - Attacks by throwing its cone at plants.
- Flag Zombie - Reduces the brains' cost of the zombies by one.
- Knight of the Living Dead - Has Armored 2 status.
- Landscaper - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, a plant gets -2.
- Medic - Heal 4 to a zombie or the Zombie Hero.
- Ra Zombie - The plant hero loses 2 this turn.
- Rodeo Gargantuar - Attacks plants with his branding iron. He can move a plant on the turn he emerges from his tombstone.
- Sumo Wrestler - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, move a plant.
- Team Mascot - At the start of the turn, all Sports Zombies gain +1/+1.
- Trash Can Zombie - Attacks plants by throwing a trash can lid at them. Has the Gravestone trait. It is shielded on the turn he emerges from his tombstone.
- Undying Pharaoh - The Zombie Hero's health cannot go below 1 as long as this zombie is alive.
- Wannabe Hero - When played, this zombie will gain health from how much health the Zombie Hero has.
- Zombie Coach- All Sports Zombies are Shielded this turn.
- Zombie King - Transforms a random zombie at the end of the turn into a .
- Camel Crossing - All zombies get +2.
- Monster Mash - All zombies get +2/+2.
- Rolling Stone - Destroys a plant with 2 or less.
- Terrify - Moves a plant, gains a teammate.
- Weed Spray - Destroys plants with 2or less.
- Heroic Health - Heals your hero for 6.
- Possessed - A zombie gains +2 and Frenzy.
- Rock Wall - A zombie gains +5.
- Barrel Roller Zombie - Attacks by throwing its barrel back and forth. Has Deadly trait. When destroyed, makes two on adjacent lanes.
- Swabbie - Has the Amphibious trait. Attacks by throwing something.
- Firefighter- Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, bounce a zombie.
- Fishy Imp - Attacks plants by leaping out of its fish and ramming into the plants. Has "Amphibious" status.
- Headstone Carver - Gives Gravestone zombies +1/ +1.
- Hot Dog Imp - Has the Strikethrough trait.
- Imp - Attacks plants by throwing a stone at them.
- Imp Commander - When an Imp damages the Plant Hero, gain a teammate.
- Line Dancing Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait and Strikethrough trait. When revealed, it moves to another lane.
- Mini-Ninja - Attacks plants by throwing a golden shuriken at them. Has Anti-Hero 3 trait.
- Mixed-Up Gravedigger - All zombies will hide in a Gravestone and get mixed up.
- Pogo Bouncer - When revealed, it bounces a Plant
- Smelly Zombie - Gets summoned from a gravestone. Attacks plants with its terrible breath. Has Deadly trait.
- Stealthy Imp - Has Gravestone and Anti-Hero 4 traits.
- Surprise Gargantuar - Has Gravestone trait. When revealed, this zombie will move to a designated lane.
- Swashbuckler Zombie - When a Pirate Zombie attacks the Plant Hero, that zombie gets +1/+1.
- Tomb Raiser Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait. When this hurts the opposing hero, make a Gravestone in a random lane.
- Toxic Waste Imp - Gives all Imps Deadly trait.
- Walrus Rider - Has Amphibious and Anti-Hero 3 traits.
- Zombie Chicken - When a plant is played here, this zombie moves to another random lane.
- Zombot Plank Walker - Has Amphibious and Strikethrough traits. When played, make two other random pirate zombies in random lanes.
- Zombot Sharktronic Sub - When a plant is hurt, destroy it. When a plant is destroyed, this get +1.
- Backyard Bounce - Bounces a plant.
- Smoke Bomb - A zombie will gain +1 after getting moved.
- Zombot Stomp - Bounces every plant on ground lanes.
- Dolphinado - Bounces a random plant.
- In-Crypted - A zombie hides in a Gravestone, gain a teammate.
- Super Stench - All zombies are Deadly. Gain a teammate.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- It appears that the art style for this game was originally meant to be the one in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, as shown on a beta gameplay photo, but ultimately took on a more toonish art style resembling the one from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The icon of the 1.0.11 update marks the first time where a plant (Green Shadow) is featured on the game's icon instead of a zombie.
- As noted by the official website and game description game wise, this is the third mobile game and mode where you can play as both the plants and zombies after Plants vs. Zombies and the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Plants vs. Zombies Heroes is the only mobile Plants vs. Zombies game to be played vertically.
- Whenever a Legendary teammate is placed on the field, the opposing Hero will have a shocked or surprised animation different from their hurt or worried animation.
- All the new playable characters on Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 appear on this game as heroes, with the exception of Kernel Corn and Captain Deadbeard, who are legendary teammates.
- The gameplay closely replicates that of Blizzard's own card battler, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Naturally, several differences are present to make this game its own.
- Hearthstone only has 9 hero classes (6 of which have alternate but functionally identical heroes), as opposed to PvZH's 10 heroes per team, resulting in a total of 20 playable heroes.
- Each Hearthstone class has access to its own set of cards and a large set of Neutral cards, rather than having access to 2 sets of class cards.
- Hearthstone heroes have 30 health (with the exception of cards that replace your Hero) rather than 20 health. Hearthstone also has an Armor system which may have inspired the Super-Block meter.
- Hearthstone contains 7 minion types similar to the several card tribes in PvZH.
- Teammates in PvZH are known as Minions in Hearthstone. Similarly, Tricks are known as Spells.
- Each match begins with both players having 1 currency maximum and gaining 1 currency as turns go by. However, Hearthstone has a maximum of 10 Mana, as opposed to PvZH's indefinite maximum Sun/Brains.
- Several card effects appear under different names in both games.
- Teammates with When played have Battlecry.
- Teammates with When destroyed have Deathrattle.
- Teammates with Frenzy have Windfury.
- Teammates or tricks with Freeze also have Freeze.
- Teammates with Can't be hurt have Immune.
- Several PvZH card effects are also not present, but may have been inspired by, some in Hearthstone.
- Teammates with Armored or Team-Up may have been inspired by Taunt (which forces minions to attack it first).
- Teammates that give extra Sun/Brains may have been inspired by similar Druid class cards.
- Signature Superpowers are known as Hero Powers and function differently in Hearthstone.