Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes is a collectible mobile card game announced on March 10, 2016, through PopCap Games' official YouTube channel and soft released in certain countries on the same day. On October 18th, 2016, the game was released worldwide on iOS and Android.
It's the lawn of a new battle! Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes mobile lets you collect and choose from hundreds of characters across the PvZ Universe in this epic collectible card game that takes you beyond the backyard.
For the first time ever on mobile, play as either plants or zombies and unlock their lawn-inspiring super powers. Collect hundreds of characters, including new roster favorites from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 like Super Brainz, Z-Mech, Citron, and Rose, and adventure through an all new PvZ Universe with a unique, comic-style narrative. Pick your favorite hero, assemble your team, and use your heroic skills to outwit your opponents in battle.
Battle and adventure by yourself against AI in the single player campaign, or battle against other players in real-time multiplayer! Challenge your friends or test your powers and strategy against the rest of the world in casual or ranked multiplayer battles – all in real time. Complete Daily Quests to earn rewards to expand your roster of Heroes and sidekicks.
In adventure mode, lead your favorite plant and zombies on epic missions to battle and take down all opposing Heroes across locations as zany and diverse as the Heroes who inhabit them. Experience the story of Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes via comic-styled story sequences revealed as your adventure progresses. Use the adventure mode to tone your skills and fine-tune your strategy, experimenting with different heroes and powerful teammate combinations along the way.
On this game it is possible to play as both the zombies and the plants, with the main game modes being:
- Plant Missions - Where the player progresses through the plants' campaign;
- Zombie Missions - Where the player progresses through the zombies' campaign;
- Multiplayer - Where the player fights against other real life players around the world as either the plants or the zombies.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Glitches
Check this page to find the various glitches of this game.
Concept art and upcoming content
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Concepts
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Upcoming content
Check these articles to see concept art of the game and upcoming content that is going to be added in the future new updates. However, beware, as there are spoilers ahead.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Update history
This game regularly gets updates that can bring exciting new content or bug fixes. Check this page to see the various updates to this game and when they were released.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes/Deck-building strategies
On this page can be found various customized decks for each hero. Check them out in case you need new strategies to destroy your single player bosses or multiplayer foes!
The main objective of this game is to defeat the opposing side's Hero by reducing his/her health to 0 (or by letting your opponent run out of cards to draw). That is done via the cards played on the field. There are two types of cards: Fighters (Plants/Zombies) and Tricks.
- Fighters are cards that stay on the field until destroyed. They all have three stats: Strength (); Health () and Cost (/), plus some have special abilities that can't be ignored and makes each one unique. The player must know how to use those in their favor in order to win against tougher opponents.
In the battle phase, each one attacks. The strength of the fighter is the damage they deal to the enemy, and the health points is how much damage they can take before being destroyed. If there are no opposing cards on the same lane, the enemy Hero is attacked.
- Tricks are cards that directly affect the game by damaging or healing Fighters or Heroes, summoning or destroying Fighters, adding or removing strength or health, etc. If on the zombies side, they can only be played on the third phase of the turn. If on the plants side, they can be deployed during their phase. The only attribute associated with them is their Cost (/).
- Superpowers are a powerful tribe of trick cards that cost 1 brain/sun each. One is given at the start of each game and you can only gain more by getting a Super-Block. There are four Superpowers in a deck: 3 regular ones that are each shared by two heroes, and 1 Signature Superpower, an exceptionally powerful move that is exclusive to the Hero.
Each hero has 20 points of health plus a Super-Block Meter. When damage is suffered, the Super-Block Meter will fill up randomly 1-3 blocks where a shield consists of 8 blocks. When the Mega-Block charger becomes full, the Hero will block the attack, and receive a superpower that can be saved or deployed immediately for free. Each Hero can block attacks a total of 3 times per game. Each time the Hero blocks, one shield icon below the meter will disappear.
During a game, each turn has four phases.
- The first one is the Zombies Play phase, where the Zombie Hero can summon zombie Fighters;
- The second one is the Plants Play phase, where the Plant Hero can plant both Plant Tricks and Fighters;
- The third one is the Zombie Tricks phase, where the Zombie Hero can only play Zombie Tricks;
- And the last one is the battle phase, where each card played battle from left to the right, so Fighters on the leftmost lane attack first and the Fighters on the rightmost lane attack last.
At the start of each turn, the total amount of sun/brains received from the last turn plus one is given, allowing that the more powerful cards are only played later on the game, so the player must not only rely on them otherwise they have nothing to play on the first turns.
Each deck needs to have exactly 40 cards shared between tricks and plants/zombies. Additionally each hero has Superpowers which can't be changed and doesn't count towards the limit. It is allowed to have up to 4 copies of each card, and they are separated in basic and premium, followed by their rarity. Only 10 cards can be in your hand at once, if you already have ten cards in your hand, you cannot draw more. However, it is possible to have more than ten cards in your hand through the Bounce effect.
Basic cards are purchased at the store using coins that are earned after battle (15 after winning in a mission, 10 for winning a casual match, 20 for winning a ranked match, 100 after winning a boss battle, 5 after failure and zero for friendly match.). Premium cards are only obtained at the store though Premium Packs or a free pack by losing a battle multiple times (normally 4), and their rarity means the chances of obtaining them via packs is low unless there is a limited time offer that offers specific cards.
Heroes are the main playable characters in Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes, and the ones required to be defeated so the game can end.
Heroes have unique Superpowers, Tricks, Classes and cards who they can lead, making each one different from the others.
At the end of each mission there is a Boss Battle against one of the Heroes. That hero always appears in the corner of a mission's screen. These battles have a special gimmick (like a change on the number of cards given, increased or decreased health or pre-summoned Fighters) that can have a powerful effect on the required playstyle. Starting from Mission 21 from each side, the third battle or Crisis Battle will also have a special gimmick.
Each mission consists of five stages, the Encounter Battle, a regular battle against the main opposing hero, the Teammate Battle 1, against a different hero, the Mini-Boss Battle, which has a gimmick in the later missions, the Teammate Battle 2, against yet another different hero, and finally, the Boss Battle, which has a strong gimmick against the main opposing hero.
|Green Shadow||Precision Blast|
Deals 5 damage in the middle lane
Deal 2 damage and get +1 for the rest of the game
This Hero can't be damaged until the end of the turn. Draw a card
Destroys the zombie with the lowest health
Spawn a that deals 6 damage to a zombie in its lane when destroyed
Plants are Shielded until the end of the turn. Draw a card
|Grass Knuckles||Power Pummel
Do 2 damage in every ground lane.
|Captain Combustible||Blazing Bark
Gives +4 to a plant
|Super Brainz||Carried Away|
Move a Zombie and have that zombie do a bonus attack
|The Smash||Slammin' Smackdown|
Destroy a plant with 4 or less
Make two with Amphibious on random lanes
A Plant gets -3. Draw a card
|Electric Boogaloo||Stayin' Alive|
Deal 3 damage to a Plant and your hero heals +3
|Brain Freeze||Frozen Tundra|
Freeze all plants on the ground
Gain 3 random cards from the entire game
Make a that says "When this hurts a Plant, draw a card".
Attack for 2 damage in 3 random lanes.
Make a 40px with Amphibious.
Each hero leads two different classes which have different types of attacks and traits.
- Afterlife - When the zombie is defeated, it can be played again. Only zombies in the Beastly class can have this trait
- Anti-Hero - Does more damage when attacking the enemy Hero. Only plants in Kabloom class and zombies in Sneaky class have this trait.
- Armored - Reduces damage from attacks equal two its Armored value. Only plants in the Guardian class and zombies in the Hearty class can have this trait.
- Amphibious - Can be placed in water lanes. Only zombies in the Sneaky and Beastly class, and plants in the Smarty and Guardian class can have this trait.
- Bounce - Bounces the target plant/zombie back into the player's hand. It can be played again.
- Bullseye - Does not charge the Super-Block Meter if a successful hit is landed on the enemy Hero. Only zombies in the Brainy class and plants in the Guardian class can have this trait.
- Deadly - Automatically destroys the damaged plant after battling. Only zombies in the Sneaky class have this trait.
- Extra Sun/Brains - Gives extra Sun/Brains to the player.
- Extra Stats - Increases Strength/Health by given values during the first turn played.
- Freeze - Frozen enemy skips its next attack. Only plants have this trait, except for Brain Freeze whose signature superpower trick freezes all plants on the ground.
- Frenzy - Does a bonus attack if it defeats a plant. Only Zombies in the Beastly and Hearty class have this trait.
- Gravestone - Hides under a Gravestone until the Zombie Tricks phase. Only zombies have this trait.
- Can't be hurt - Cannot take damage from battle this turn. Only zombies in the Hearty class and superpower tricks in the Guardian class have this trait.
- Splash - Deals damage to enemies next door. Only Plants in the Smarty class have this trait.
- Strikethrough - Penetrates multiple foes to deal damage to the Hero and all other enemies in the way. Only plants in the Solar class and zombies in the Sneaky class have this trait.
- Team-Up - Can be placed in front or behind another teammate, or a teammate can be placed in front of or behind itself. Only plants have this trait.
Cards are used to create your hero's decks. In each deck, you choose 40 fighters and Tricks, and 3 Superpowers, plus the signature superpower that is obligatory to have.
- Main article: Plants (PvZH)
Neutral (Removed in the 1.2.11 update)
- Flick-a-Zombie - A common superpower trick. Costs 1 . Does 1 damage to a zombie.
- Inspire - A common superpower trick. Costs 1 . A plant gets +1 / +1 .
- Rejuvenate - A common superpower trick. Costs 1 . Heals 2 .
- Cactus - A basic common cactus plant. Costs 2 and has 1 and 5 . Attacks by shooting weak spikes at zombies. Has the Bullseye trait.
- Guacodile - A premium uncommon fruit animal plant. Costs 4 and has 4 and 3 . Attacks by shooting its pits at zombies. Has the Amphibious trait. When destroyed, deals 4 damage to a zombie in its lane.
- Hibernating Beary - A premium rare berry animal plant. Costs 3 and has 8 . When hurt, this gets +4 .
- Jugger-Nut - A premium rare nut plant. Costs 2 and has 2 and 2 . Has the Bullseye and Armored 1 traits.
- Mirror-Nut - A premium super-rare nut plant. Costs 4 and has 6 . When your nuts get hurt, does 2 damage to the zombie hero. Has the Team-Up trait
- Pea-Nut - A basic common pea nut plant. Costs 3 and has 2 and 4 . Has the Team-Up trait.
- Pismashio - A basic common nut plant. Costs 2 and has 2 and 3 . Attacks by shooting pistachios at zombies.
- Poppin' Poppies - A premium super-rare flower plant. Costs 6 and has 4 and 4 . Attacks by stretching its right bud towards zombies and smacking them. When played, makes 1 s with Team-Up here and next door.
- Potato Mine - A basic common root plant. Costs 1 and has 1 . Has the Team-Up trait. When destroyed, deals 2 damage to the zombie in the lane.
- Prickly Pear - A premium rare cactus fruit plant. Costs 4 and has 4 . When hurt, does 4 damage to the zombie in its lane. This has the Team-Uptrait.
- Red Stinger - A premium super-rare flower plant. Costs 4 and has 2 and 6 . Attacks by flinging its petals at zombies. Has the Team-Up trait. When played behind a plant, this will becomes 6 / 2 .
- Sea-Shroom - A premium uncommon mushroom plant. Costs 2 and has 2 and has 2 . Attacks by shooting water at zombies. Has the Amphibious trait.
- Smackadamia - A basic common nut plant. Cost 5 and has 4 and 4 . Attacks by jumping towards zombies and smacking them. Has the Amphibious trait. When played, your nuts get +2 health.
- Small-Nut - A basic common nut plant. Cost 1 and has 1 and 1 . Attacks by shooting nuts at zombies.
- Soul Patch - A premium legendary vine plant. Cost 7 and has 5 and 10 . When the hero is damaged, this will get hurt instead. Has the Armored 1 trait.
- Spineapple - A basic common fruit plant. Cost 3 and has 3 . Attacks zombies by shooting spiky leaves at them. When played, plants with no strength gain +2 .
- Steel Magnolia - A premium uncommon flower plant. Cost 3 and has 2 and 2 . When played, plants here and next door gains +2.
- Sting Bean - A basic common bean pea plant. Cost 1 and has 1 and 2 . Has the Amphibious and Bullseye traits.
- Tough Beets - A premium rare root plant. Cost 5 and has 6 and 1 . When played, gets +1 for each other plant and zombie. Has the Armored 1 trait.
- Wall-Nut - A basic common nut plant. Cost 1 and has 6 . Has the Team-Up trait.
- Water Chestnut - A premium uncommon root nut plant. Cost 2 and has 8 . Has the Amphibious and Team-Up traits.
- Hothead - A token root plant. Costs 1 and has 1 . When destroyed, deals 6 damage to the zombie in the lane. Also a member of the Kabloom class.
- Lil' Buddy - A token flower seed plant. Costs 1 and has 1 . Has the Team-Up trait.
- Doom-Shroom - A premium super-rare mushroom trick. Costs 5 . Destroys all plants and zombies with 4 or more.
- Gardening Gloves - A basic common trick. Costs 2 . Moves a plant and draws a card.
- Grave Buster - A premium uncommon vine trick. Costs 2 . Destroys a gravestone.
- Wall-Nut Bowling - A premium legendary nut trick. Costs 10 . Make a 6 with Team-up in each ground lane. Then attacks for 6 damage in those lanes.
- Bubble Up - A super-rare superpower trick. Costs 1 . Moves a plant. It gets +3 .
- Nut Signal - A super-rare nut superpower trick. Costs 1. Makes a 6 with Team-up and draws a card.
- Root Wall - A super-rare root superpower trick. Costs 1. A plant gets +2 and can't be hurt that turn.
- Buff-Shroom - Attacks zombies by shooting a purple cloud at them. When played, all Mushrooms on the field gets +1/+1.
- Button Mushroom - Basic plant of this class. Attacks by firing spore clouds at zombies.
- Bluesberry - Deals 2 damage to a zombie when played.
- Dandy Lion King - When played, it removes half of the zombie hero's health rounded down. It attacks by shooting dandelion seeds.
- Grapes of Wrath - Deals 6 damage to the zombie hero when destroyed.
- Kernel Corn - Does 4 damage to every zombie when played.
- Mushroom Ringleader - Gets +2 for every plant in the lawn and when you just played.
- Pair of Pears - Summon a Pear Pal in front of it.
- Pineclone - Transforms all plants into clones of itself.
- Poison Ivy - Attacks zombies by hitting them with its leaves. Has Anti-Hero 4 trait.
- Poison Mushroom - Has Anti-Hero 2 trait.
- Poison Oak - Has Anti-Hero 5 trait.
- Punish-Shroom - When a Mushroom plant is destroyed, it will do 2 damage to a random zombie or the zombie hero.
- Seedling - At the end of the turn, transforms into a random plant that costs 6 or less.
- Sergeant Strongberry - Does 2 extra damage when other berry plant hurts a zombie.
- Shroom for Two - When played, it will summon a in front of it.
- Sour Grapes - Attacks zombies by shooting grapes at them. When played, it deals 1 damage to all zombies on the field.
- Wild Berry - When played, it will move to a random lane.
- Zapricot - Attacks zombies by electrocuting them using purple electricity.
- Hothead - A token root plant. Costs 1 and has 1. When destroyed, deals 6 damage to the zombie in the lane. Also a member of the Guardian class. Has the Team-Up trait.
- Pear Pal - A token fruit plant. Costs 2 and has 2 and 2. Has the Team-Up trait.
- Puff-Shroom - A token mushroom plant. Costs 1 and has 1 and 1. Has the Team-Up trait.
- Berry Angry - Gives every plant on the lawn +2.
- Berry Blast - Deals 3 damage to a chosen zombie or zombie hero.
- Cherry Bomb - Deals 4 damage to each zombie here and next door.
- Petal-Morphosis - Transforms a plant into a random plant.
- Sizzle - Deals 5 damage to a zombie.
- Meteor Strike - Does 3 damage to a Zombie.
- More Spore - Creates 2 in two random lanes.
- Storm Front - All plants get +1/+1.
- Bananasaurus Rex - Gets +1/+1 when you draw a card. After combat, it will do a bonus attack.
- Black-Eyed Pea - Gains +1/+1 when a zombie trick is played.
- Bonk Choy - Attacks zombies by punching them. When played, it gets +1 for the turn.
- Cabbage-Pult - Attacks zombies by lobbing weak cabbages at them, but gets +1/+1 when placed on heights.
- Doubled Mint - Doubles its and at the start of every turn.
- Fire Peashooter - Attacks zombies by shooting a fire pea at them.
- Grow-Shroom - Attacks zombies by shooting a yellow cloud of spores at them. When played, gives another plant +2/+2.
- Muscle Sprout - Gains +1/+1 when you play a plant.
- Party Thyme - When a plant does a bonus attack, gain a card.
- Pea Pod - Initially has 1/1, but gains another +1/+1 after the end of every turn.
- Peashooter - Basic plant of this class. Attacks zombies by shooting a pea at them.
- Potted Powerhouse - While on your hand, it gets +1/+1 every time a plant you already played gains extra or .
- Repeater - Attacks zombies by shooting two peas at them, and does a bonus attack if it survives.
- Re-Peat Moss - When a plant trick is played, do a bonus attack.
- Skyshooter - When played on heights, it will gain +2/+2.
- Super-Phat Beets - Attacks zombies by playing a turntable and shooting musical notes at the zombies. It gets +1/+1 for every plant and zombie on the lawn when played.
- Sweet Potato - Move a zombie from another lane to here.
- The Podfather - When you play a Pea plant, that plant gets +2/+2.
- Torchwood - Any peashooter behind it gains +2.
- Whipvine - When played, move a zombie to another lane.
- Espresso Fiesta - When used on a plant, that plant does three bonus attacks.
- Fertilize - A plant gets +3/+3.
- Flourish - When played, the player draws two cards.
- Plant Food - Give +1/+1 to a plant and a double attack.
- Embiggen - Give +2/+2 to a plant.
- Holo-Flora - Draw two cards.
- Time to Shine - Makes a plant do a bonus attack.
- Admiral Navy Bean - Attacks zombies by shooting a weak water splash. When another bean plant is planted, this does two to the zombie hero.
- Bean Counter - Gains +1/+1 when you play a bean. Also gives the player two Weenie Beanies that cost one sun and have 1/1.
- Brainana - When played, the enemy loses all their brains.
- Carrotillery - Has Team-Up trait.
- Cattail - Has Amphibious trait.
- Chilly Pepper - Freezes a selected zombie.
- Jumping Bean - Bounce a zombie when played.
- Lightning Reed - Attacks by shooting electricity. Can attack both lanes next to it. Has Amphibious trait.
- Magic Beanstalk - When played, draw a card. Obtained only via Sow Magic Beans.
- Mayflower - A super-rare flower plant. Has the Amphibious trait. When this hurts the zombie hero, adds a random corn, squash, or bean to your hand.
- Navy Bean - Attacks zombies by shooting a very strong water splash.
- Rescue Radish - When played, take a plant back to your deck.
- Shellery - Attacks by shooting celery mortar shells. Has Team-Up trait.
- Smoosh-Shroom - Attacks zombies by banging its head on the ground, sending a shockwave at the zombies.
- Snapdragon - Shoots fire blasts which hits here and next door.
- Snowdrop - Gets +2/+2 when a zombie is frozen.
- Snow Pea - When it attacks a zombie, it is frozen for the turn.
- The Great Zucchini - When played, it will transform every zombie into .
- Threepeater - Can attack zombies here and next door.
- Vanilla - Attacks zombies by shooting a scoop of vanilla ice cream at them.
- Weenie Beanie - Basic plant of this class. Attacks by jumping at zombies.
- Winter Melon - Has Splash Damage 4 trait. The zombies who get hurt become frozen.
- Winter Squash - Destroys any zombie that is frozen.
- Navy Bean - Amphibious and Team-Up.
- Iceberg Lettuce - Freezes a chosen zombie so that it cannot attack for one turn.
- Sow Magic Beans - Sends to the deck 4 40px. When played, the beans will allow you to draw a card.
- Spring Bean - Bounces a zombie.
- Big Chill - Freezes a Zombie and draws a card.
- Transmogrify - Transforms a zombie into another random zombie that costs 2 or less.
- Whirlwind - Bounces a random zombie.
- Bellflower - Basic plant of this class. Attacks by shaking its petals and producing sound waves at zombies.
- Bloomerang- Has Strikethrough trait.
- Briar Rose - When a zombie hits a flower, destroys it.
- Chomper - When played, destroy a zombie with 3 or below.
- Cornucopia - Creates random plants in other lanes.
- Fume-Shroom - Has the trait.
- Jack O' Lantern - When this hurts the Zombie Hero, this gets +1 . This plant has the trait.
- Laser Bean - Shoots a piercing laser beam. Has the trait.
- Magnifying Grass - Gains strength from how much you have this turn.
- Metal Petal Sunflower - Acts like a sunflower, it gives sun at the start of each turn, except it can attack zombies and doesn't have the Team-Up trait.
- Mixed Nuts - Attacks zombies by shooting pistachios at them. Gains +2/+2 if there is a plant with Team-up on its lane when played.
- Morning Glory - This gets +1/+1 if the hero has more than 6 at the begining of the turn.
- Pepper M.D. - Attacks by throwing a small medical reflex hammer. Gets +2/+2 when your hero or a plant is healed.
- Power Flower - Attacks by shooting a beam of energy at the zombies. This plant has the trait, and heals your hero by 1 for each flower you have on the lawn.
- Sage Sage - Grants an extra card if you have 6 or more this turn.
- Smashing Pumpkin - Attacks zombies by creating an earthquake.
- Sunflower - Does not attack, but instead gives a at the start of each turn.
- Three-Headed Chomper - At the end of a turn, it will destroy a zombie in its lane and in the lanes next to it.
- Twin Sunflower - Does not attack, but instead produces 2 at the start of the turn.
- Venus Flytrap - Attack zombies by shooting spikes at them. When this plant deals damage, it heals the Plant Hero by that much.
- 2nd-Best Taco of All Time - Heal a plant or your hero by 4 and gain a teammate.
- Lawnmower - Destroys a zombie on ground terrain.
- Squash - Destroys a selected zombie.
- Water Balloons - A zombie loses -1/-1. If the player made at least 6 this turn, the zombie loses -2/-2.
- Whack-a-Zombie - Destroys a selected zombies with 3 or less .
- Geyser - Heal the hero and all plants for 4.
- Scorched Earth - All zombies on the ground lose -1/-1.
- Weed Whack - A zombie gets -2/-2.
- Main article: Zombies (PvZH)
- Imposter Zombie - Appears in the multiplayer menu screen.
Neutral (Removed in the 1.4.14 update)
Superpowers (Removed in the 1.2.11 update)
- Flick-a-Plant - Deal 1 damage to a plant.
- Get Well - Heal a zombie or the zombie hero for 2.
- Motivate - A zombie gets +1/+1.
- Cat Lady - Gets +3 for one turn when the player plays a Pet-tribe zombie.
- Deep Sea Gargantuar - Has Amphibious trait.
- Dog Walker - This will move to the plant played in that lawn.
- Dolphin Rider - Has Amphibious status.
- Haunting Zombie - Has Afterlife trait.
- Kangaroo Rider - When damaged, take this fighter back to the zombie hero's hand.
- Loudmouth - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, a chosen zombie gets +2/+2.
- Nurse Gargantuar - When this zombie does damage, it heals the zombie hero by that much.
- Octo Zombie - Has Amphibious, Frenzy and Afterlife traits.
- Pied Piper - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, a plant gets -1/-1.
- Skunk Punk - Basic zombie of this class. Attacks by shooting a fart cloud from a skunk.
- Smashing Gargantuar - All Gargantuars get Frenzy.
- Snorkel Zombie - Attacks plants by spitting water at them. Has Amphibious trait.
- Squirrel Herder -Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, destroys a Nut or a Berry on the lawn.
- Vimpire - Has Frenzy Trait. When this destroys a plant, this gets +2/+2.
- Zombie Yeti - Gain a Yeti Lunchbox that costs 1 and says "A zombie gets +1/+1". At the end of the turn, "Bounce" this Yeti.
- Zombot 1000 - When played, destroy every plant.
- Zookeeper - When you play another pet, all pets get +1.
- B-flat - Destroys a random plant.
- Locust Swarm - Destroys a plant.
- Maniacal Laugh - A zombie gets +5/+5 and Frenzy.
- Nibble - A plant gets -1/-1 and heal two to the Zombie Hero.
- Vitamin Z - A zombie gets +3 /+3.
- Yeti Lunchbox - A zombie gets +1/+1.
- Acid Rain -. All plants on the ground get -1/-1.
- Evaporate - Destroys a damaged plant.
- Galvanize - A zombie gains +2/+2.
- Brain Vendor - Attacks plants by squirting them with mustard. Gives the zombie hero +3.
- Cardboard Robot Zombie - Basic zombie of this class. Attacks by throwing its cardboard arm wraps at plants.
- Cell Phone Zombie - Attacks plants by throwing its cell phone as a boomerang. When played the zombie hero draws a card.
- Chimney Sweep - Attacks plants by shooting a cloud of ash at them. Gets +1/+1 when on heights.
- Drum Major - Attacks plants by throwing its baton at them.
- Electrician - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, a zombie will do a bonus attack.
- Gadget Scientist - When played, all Science-tribe zombies do a bonus attack.
- Gentleman Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait. When the zombie tricks phase has started, gain +2.
- Kite Flyer - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, it will give you a teammate when it attacks.
- Mad Chemist - Has the Gravestone trait. When you play your first trick at the start of each zombie trick, gain a random trick.
- Mountain Climber - Bullseye. Gets +2/+2 on Heights.
- Paparazzi Zombie - Attacks plants by taking a photograph of them, hurting them with the camera flash. Gets +1/+1 when you play a trick.
- Pool Shark - Attacks plants by using its stick to hit them with a billiard ball. Has the Bullseye trait.
- Portal Technician - When destroyed, summon a zombie here.
- Shieldcrusher Viking - When this hurts the plant hero, empty their block meter. Has the Bullseye trait.
- Trick or Treater - When you play your first trick each turn, add a random Treat to your hand.
- Trickster - While still at the deck, its cost will decrease by -1 every time the player plays a trick. When played, does a bonus attack.
- Wizard Gargantuar - Attacks plants by throwing books at them. All Gargantuars gain Bullseye status.
- Zombot Drone Engineer - Has the Gravestone trait. Whenever a Science Zombie does damage, that Zombie gets +1.
- Beam Me Up - Summons a .
- Fun-Dead Raiser - Draws two cards.
- Hail-a-Copter - Summons a .
- Lurch for Lunch - A zombie does a bonus attack.
- Rocket Science - Destroys a plant with 4 or more.
- Teleport - Allows the zombie hero to play a zombie in the tricks phase, gain a teammate.
- Cut Down to Size - Destroys a plant with 5 or more.
- Summoning - Makes a zombie here that costs 2.
- Telepathy - When played, draw two cards.
- Abracadaver - Has the Gravestone trait. When this hurts the plant hero, deals 3 damage to a random plant.
- Aerobics Instructor- All Dancing Zombies get +2 at the start of each turn.
- Backup Dancer - Basic zombie of this class. Attacks by firing sound waves at plants.
- Barrel of Deadbeards - When destroyed, deals 1 damage to every plant and zombies, then create a 40px here.
- Exploding Imp - Has the Gravestone trait. At the end of turn, this does 1 damage to itself.
- Conga Zombie - Attacks by playing its bongos. Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, deals 1 damage to a chosen plant.
- Cuckoo Zombie - Attacks plants by hurting them with the Cuckoo Clock it holds.
- Disco-Tron 3000 - When played, make a that says "When played, make a ".
- Disco Zombie - Spawns in a when played.
- Fireworks Zombie - When played, deals 1 damage to every plant and zombie.
- Flamenco Zombie - When played, it deals 2 damage to the plant hero for every Dancing Zombie on the battlefield.
- Foot Soldier Zombie - When played on heights, it deals 3 damage.
- Imp-Throwing Gargantuar - When hurt, it will summon a .
- Jester Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait. When hurt, deal 2 damage to the plant hero.
- Newspaper Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait. When hurt, this zombie gets +4.
- Orchestra Conductor - When played, all zombies get +2.
- Tennis Champ - Attacks plants by using a tennis racket to hit a tennis ball at them. When played, it gets +3 for this turn.
- Unlife of the Party - Attacks plants by throwing confetti at them. Gets +1/+1 for a played Zombie.
- Valkyrie - While in the zombie hero's hand, it gains +2 for every zombie destroyed.
- Bungee Plumber - Deals 2 damage to a selected plant.
- Cakesplosion - Deals 4 damage to a plant selected.
- Gargantuars' Feast - Makes a random Gargantuar in three random lanes.
- The Chickening - Deals 2 damage to all plants.
- Zombot's Wrath - Deals 3 damage. When there is a zombie in every lane, it will deal 6 damage instead.
- Brute Strength - A zombie gets +3.
- Dance Off - Creates two s in random lanes.
- Electrobolt - Deals 3 to a selected plant.
- All-Star Zombie - Has Armored 1 and Frenzy traits.
- Zombie - Attacks by whipping at plants with its tie. Cannot be played as a card in a deck and is currently a token.
- Arm Wrestler - Gets +1/+1 when a plant is played on his lane.
- Baseball Zombie - Basic zombie of this class. Attacks by "pitching" his baseball at plants.
- Buckethead - Attacks by taking off its bucket and throwing the fish that are inside at plants. Has Armored 1 trait.
- Coffee Zombie - All zombies get Frenzy and +1/+1.
- Conehead - Attacks by throwing its cone at plants. Has the Armored 1 trait
- Flag Zombie - Reduces the brains' cost of the zombies by one.
- Knight of the Living Dead - Has Armored 2 status.
- Landscaper - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, a plant gets -2.
- Medic - Heal 4 to a zombie or the zombie hero.
- Ra Zombie - The plant hero loses 2 this turn.
- Rodeo Gargantuar - Attacks plants with its branding iron. Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, move a plant.
- Sumo Wrestler - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, move a plant.
- Team Mascot - At the start of the turn, all Sports Zombies gain +1/+1.
- Trash Can Zombie - Attacks plants by throwing a trash can lid at them. Has the Gravestone trait. It can't be hurt on the turn it emerges from its tombstone.
- Undying Pharaoh - The zombie hero's health cannot go below 1 as long as this zombie is alive.
- Wannabe Hero - When played, this zombie will gain health from how much health the zombie hero has.
- Zombie Coach- All Sports Zombies can't be hurt this turn.
- Zombie King - Transforms a random zombie at the end of the turn into a .
- Camel Crossing - All zombies get +2.
- Monster Mash - All zombies get +2/+2.
- Rolling Stone - Destroys a plant with 2 or less.
- Terrify - Moves a plant, draw a card.
- Weed Spray - Destroys plants with 2or less.
- Heroic Health - Heals your hero for 6.
- Possessed - A zombie gains +2 and Frenzy.
- Rock Wall - A zombie gains +5.
- Barrel Roller Zombie - Attacks by throwing its barrel back and forth. Has Deadly trait. When destroyed, makes two on adjacent lanes.
- Swabbie - Has the Amphibious trait. Attacks by throwing something.
- Firefighter- Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, bounce a zombie.
- Fishy Imp - Attacks plants by leaping out of its fish and ramming into the plants. Has Amphibious trait.
- Headstone Carver - Gives Gravestone zombies +1/ +1.
- Hot Dog Imp - Has the Strikethrough trait.
- Imp - Basic zombie of this class. Attacks plants by throwing a stone at them.
- Imp Commander - When an Imp damages the plant hero, draw a card.
- Line Dancing Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait and Strikethrough trait. When revealed, it moves to another lane.
- Mini-Ninja - Attacks plants by throwing a golden shuriken at them. Has Anti-Hero 3 trait.
- Mixed-Up Gravedigger - All zombies will hide in a Gravestone and get mixed up.
- Pogo Bouncer - Has the Gravestone trait. When revealed, bounce a plant.
- Smelly Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait. Gets summoned from a gravestone. Attacks plants with its terrible breath. Has Deadly trait.
- Stealthy Imp - Has Gravestone and Anti-Hero 4 traits.
- Surprise Gargantuar - Has Gravestone trait. When revealed, this zombie will move to a designated lane.
- Swashbuckler Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait. When a Pirate Zombie attacks the plant hero, that zombie gets +1/+1.
- Tomb Raiser Zombie - Has the Gravestone trait. When this hurts the opposing hero, make a Gravestone in a random lane.
- Toxic Waste Imp - Gives all Imps Deadly trait.
- Walrus Rider - Has Amphibious and Anti-Hero 3 traits.
- Zombie Chicken - When a plant is played here, this zombie moves to another random lane.
- Zombot Plank Walker - Has Amphibious and Strikethrough traits. When played, make two other random pirate zombies in random lanes.
- Zombot Sharktronic Sub - When a plant is hurt, destroy it. When a plant is destroyed, this get +1.
- Backyard Bounce - Bounces a plant.
- Smoke Bomb - A zombie will gain +1 after getting moved.
- Zombot Stomp - Bounces every plant on ground lanes.
- Dolphinado - Bounces a random plant.
- In-Crypted - A zombie hides in a Gravestone, draw a card.
- Super Stench - All zombies are Deadly. Draw a card.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- It appears that the art style for this game was originally meant to be the one in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, as shown on a beta gameplay photo, but ultimately took on a more toonish art style resembling the one from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The icon of the 1.0.11 update marks the first time where a plant (Green Shadow) is featured on the game's icon instead of a zombie.
- The sound effect for gems being added is the same as some sound effects from the Bejeweled series, another game from Popcap.
- As noted by the official website and game description game wise, this is the third mobile game and mode where you can play as both the plants and zombies after Plants vs. Zombies and the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Plants vs. Zombies Heroes is the only mobile Plants vs. Zombies game to be played vertically.
- Whenever a legendary fighter is placed on the field, the opposing Hero will have a shocked or surprised animation different from their hurt or worried animation.
- All the new playable characters on Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 appear on this game as heroes, with the exception of Kernel Corn and Captain Deadbeard, who are legendary fighters.
- When your Hero is low on health, the current theme changes to a suspenseful, drastic one, still keeping the same melody.
- Similarly, when the battle progresses, as well as when one hero takes some damage, the music will slightly change, usually becoming more suspenseful as the match goes on.
- When it comes to the cards, most of the plants will be facing right and all of the zombies will be facing left. This makes sense as plants would look right to shoot at zombies coming in from the right in many of their games.
- Interestingly enough, in the main menu the plant heroes are facing left and the zombie heroes are facing right.