- For the international version of this game, see Plants vs. Zombies 2.
|Plants vs. Zombies 2|
August 1, 2013(iOS)
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
Unlike the international version, the player, Crazy Dave, and Penny, Crazy Dave's partner and a supercar that can time travel, has already arrived in Ancient Egypt. This is where their journey begins.
iTunes App Store description
- Main article: Game modes (PvZ2)
Just like in the international version, in Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version), there are some game modes. Most of the modes return or are similar to the first game, with minor tweaks:
- Main article: Achievements (PvZ2)
Like in the international version, there is an achievement system but only on the iOS system. Those are extra optional tasks that rewards the player with some points. Those can be accessed via Game Center on iOS.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Update history
Since it was first released, this game has been monthly updated with new content and other tweaks. Check this article to see the update history of this game.
Concept art and upcoming content
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Concepts
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Upcoming content
Check these articles to see concept art of the game and upcoming content that is going to be added in the future new updates. However, beware, as there are spoilers ahead.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Glitches
Check this list to find glitches that this game has and maybe how to fix them.
Order of events
In this game, the player already starts off with Peashooter, Sunflower, Wall-nut, Potato Mine, Shovel, and the Tactical Cuke. They also already arrived in Ancient Egypt - Day 1. They are also introduced to Mummy Zombie, Conehead Mummy, Flag Mummy Zombie, and Plant Food
|Icon||Area||Number of levels||Difficulty (Easy Mode)|
|Big Wave Beach||25|
|Neon Mixtape Tour||25|
- Main article: Plants (PvZ2C)
In the game, not all plants are obtained by getting their seed packets at the end of a level. Instead, they are obtained by collecting Puzzle Pieces of that plant.
- Marigold - Appears while loading and results screen.
- Melon Slice Pitcher, Blooming Heart - Appears on one of Puzzle Pieces in the 1.8.0 in-game advertisement.
A plant marked with * is a premium plant.
A plant marked with ' is a monthly special plant.
A plant marked with # is a plant that can be obtained through stars.
A plant marked with ^ is an upcoming plant.
A plant marked with † is a limited time plant and can no longer be obtained through normal methods.
A plant marked with ~ was previously a monthly special plant and now is obtainable.
- Main article: Zombies (PvZ2)
- Conehead Zombie
- Buckethead Zombie
- Flag Zombie
- Dr. Zomboss (using his new time-based Zombots)
- Snorkel Zombie
- Yeti Imp
- Chinese Treasure Yeti
- Lion Dancer Zombie
- God of Wealth
- Ingot Thief Zombie
- Balloon Imp Child
- Toy Car Imp Child
- Toy Gun Imp Child
- Lollipop Zombie Child
The game itself contains mechanics that separate the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 from the international version.
The game itself resembles the international version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 after the 1.8 update, but there are some differences.
During gameplay, there is only one powerup to be bought: a one-time use Cuke costing 15 gems. It wipes out the entire playfield of any zombies.
Plants and zombies are ranked by levels; the higher ranking a plant, the more enhanced abilities it has; and the higher ranking the zombie, the more health and attack power it has. In order to upgrade a plant, one must collect additional Puzzle Pieces of that plant and send it to Penny to upgrade it. Upgrading plants are required for higher levels as non-upgraded plants will fail to take care of the most basic zombies in higher levels. For example, a level 1 () Chomper cannot kill a level 4 () Conehead Zombie by itself.
To progress to the next world, the player must use stars or 58 diamonds. All worlds require the same amount of stars to unlock, but the amount gradually increases every time you unlock a world.
Stars are a form of collectible in the game, appearing in certain levels of the game. Beating the level while meeting zombies with a higher level will earn the player a star. These star challenges only unlock when you have obtained the first star by completing the level normally. Collecting stars allows the player to unlock specific plants and upgrades like Sun Shovel or Extra Seed Slot. If the player already has the plants, a respective number of pieces will be given to them instead. Completing star challenges will also open chests, which will give you Puzzle Pieces, coins and in some levels, gems.
- Main article: Daily Challenge
The player fights in three modes, where they can obtain normal and costume Puzzle Pieces and coins. Some of the modes are only available on specific days of the week.
- Main article: Pendant
This was added in the 1.4.0 update. The game contains items called Pendants that the player can equip onto their plants. By doing so, the plant receives a buff, the effect dependent on the attachment itself. Attachments are tiered into four levels, the effects of an attachment being more potent the higher up it is.
One feature of this game is its lottery system which allows players to obtain plants, costumes, or puzzle pieces. There are three types of chests: Ordinary, Rare and Legendary. Each chest cost gems to open. The player can also spend many gems to open multiple chests at once. The Ordinary Chest can be opened for free once each day and the Rare Chest can be opened for free once every two days.
It was added in the 1.8.0 update. Penny's Store lets you buy different plant Puzzle Pieces. New Puzzle Pieces will replace them after an amount of time. On weekends, the number of puzzle pieces sold are doubled. The puzzle pieces can be bought with either 5000 or 10,000 coins / 15 or 30 gems, depending on the type of puzzle pieces.
- Main article: Plant Adventures
- Main article: PvP Mode
- Main article: Gene Modification
Added in the 2.0.0 update, this mode is located in the Plants section. It is very similar to the Plant upgrade system in Plants vs. Zombies 2. This lets the player increases the stats of his/her plants in a family. Each time the player upgrades a plant in a family, it will give the plant family an upgrade that has a random stat increased for a random amount. Each family can only choose 1 upgrade. The player is able to upgrade his/her plants in that family for free 3 times a day. If he/she wants to upgrade more he/she will have to pay gems for every upgrade after that. The player can also pay 100 gems to unlock a new upgrade slot, yet the upgrades in this slot are more powerful. Getting more plants in a family will upgrade the level of that family, which will increase later upgrades' power.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version).
- Chomper is so far the only returning plant that is a monthly special plant.
- It is the only Chinese spin-off game that was officially made and developed by PopCap.
- Rotobaga is obtained in Sky City, while in the international version it is unlocked in Frostbite Caves.
- Similarly, Endurian is a monthly special plant, despite in the international version, it's unlocked in Lost City.
- All plants that can be bought with coins are all returning plants from the first game.
- Since the 1.8.0 update, the map has been changed and now looks like the map from Plants vs. Zombies 2 after 1.7 update.
- Since the 1.8.0 update, when the player collects sun, they will get 50 instead of 25 in previous version, similar for Plants vs. Zombies 2 after 1.7 update.
- The icon for the Neon Mixtape Tour update was the icon for the Neon Mixtape Tour Side B update in the international version.
- Since the 1.9.0 update, bosses can no longer be chilled by ice plants, possibly because the boss battles would be too easy if the bosses were able to be chilled. However, they could still be slowed via other means.