This page lists upcoming content for Plants vs. Zombies 2. Please note that things change over time, and that some things listed now might become scrapped later. For these reasons, the concepts page serves as an archive of past features.
As of the beta of 5.7, a new plant called Hot Date was found in the textures. It appears to be the premium plant for Valenbrainz 2017.
- It is based on date, a fruit, and the words Hot Date, meaning an appealing person you are dating.
This plant has been found in the game's code. There is a texture for it, in which it appears to be an ice variant of Electric Currant. It is currently unknown what it does.
- This is the fourth ice variant of a plant in the main series, behind Snow Pea, Winter Melon, and Missile Toe
Ancient Egypt Additional Levels
The game's code shows that there will be levels from Day 26 to 35 added onto Ancient Egypt. At the moment, only first four levels are finished and have complete data. The other six levels are placeholders, with duplicate data that are identical copies of Ancient Egypt - Day 10. Strangely, the first four levels include Necromancy! attacks similar to the ones from Dark Ages.
The arcade machine appears to be a new mode where the player gets to play minigames. According to the sprites, the known minigames appear to be Vasebreaker, Wall-nut Bowling or Column Like You See 'Em and a Pac-Man resembling minigame, with the head of a Chomper being Pac-Man. 8-Bit Zombie's sprites are also featured in the sprites for the Arcade Machine, suggesting that 8-Bit Zombie will be featured in some of these minigames. Bonk Choy sprites can also be seen, so it may appear in Vasebreaker mode.
- The sprites that are found in the code are likely low quality to replicate 8-bit arcade systems.
- The Arcade Machine is most likely based on, or is one of, the arcade machines that the Arcade Zombie pushes.
- The icon of this mode will replace the icon of Vasebreaker.
- The 8-bit scheme may be a reference to the nostalgia of the first game, having its original mini-games, though, the 8-bit may be an exaggeration of how long ago the first game was, giving it a retro feel.
There is currently data for a jukebox in the code. It is unknown how it works or where it can be played, however, it could provide a way to listen to the game's soundtrack.
Resources†ý...UI_PauseMenu..UI_DangerRoomþ, which suggests it could be played in the pause menu or Endless Zones.
It also has UI but currently has no textures.
This suggests it has a Song List, Rewind Button, Fast Forward Button, Play Button, Loop Button, and Shuffle Button.
It also appears they will have album artwork.
Plants and Zombies Changes
It has been found that Imitater will now turn into gray versions of plants, like the original game. However, if an imitated plant is damaged, it will appear colored for a split second, instead of flashing gray like normal. Also, if a plant that was imitated dies and is resurrected by Intensive Carrot, it will then be revived in color.