- For upcoming content in the Chinese version, see Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Upcoming content.
This page lists upcoming content for Plants vs. Zombies 2. Please note that things change over time, and that some things listed now might become scrapped later. For these reasons, the concepts page serves as an archive of past features.
This plant has been found in the game's code. There is a lone texture for it, which appears to be an ice variant of Electric Currant. It is currently unknown what it does.
New Vasebreaker levels
Specific to Big Wave Beach Vasebreaker
- It would be the first Vasebreaker level with a major environment modifier.
Specific to Far Future and Dark Ages Vasebreaker
- The Vasebreaker levels for these worlds appeared since a very early version of PvZ 2.
There is currently a data for the jukebox in the code. It is unknown how it works or where it can be played. However, it could provide a way to listen to the game's soundtrack.
The code suggests that it can be played in the pause menu and Endless Zones. It also has UI but currently has no textures.
This suggests it has a Song List, Rewind Button, Fast Forward Button, Play Button, Loop Button, and Shuffle Button.
It also appears they will have album artwork for every world.
Wild West additional levels
Wild West is getting 10 new levels as well with its own new zombies. As of the release of Pirate Seas Days 26-35, the player can see empty slots for these three new zombies in the Almanac.
Cart-Head Zombie will be a variant of Brickhead Zombie for Wild West.
Cart-head Zombie's cart-shaped chapeau provides extra-wheeled head protection.
Cart-Head Zombie could probably move a lot faster if he did a handstand and rolled, but he's not thinking that far ahead.
Rodeo Legend Zombie
Rodeo Legend Zombie will be an upgrade of Zombie Bull.
Rodeo Legend Zombie smashes a plant and launches his Zombie rider past most of your defenses.
"Legend" perhaps overstates Rodeo Legend Zombie's status in the rodeo world. Don't tell him that, though, unless you're desperate to hear an hour-long tirade about calf-roping.
- It is known that Rodeo Legend Zombie will be able to destroy instantly any plant he finds while charging, similar to the Jurassic Rockpuncher.
- It is also known that after charging, he will charge again after 4 seconds.
Cowboy Rally Zombie
Cowboy Rally Zombie will be a variant of Rally Zombie for Wild West.
Cowboy Rally Zombie marks the appearance of a sizable stampede of zombies.
Arrows point to the brain on Cowboy Rally's Flag, as if to say, "Hey everyone, I would like to emphasize this image." It's canny design.
- His almanac entry references the design of his flag.
Zombot War Wagon 2.0
The new Zombot for Wild West.
Dark Ages additional levels
Dark Ages is getting 10 new levels as well with its own new zombies. As of the release of Pirate Seas Days 26-35, the player can see empty slots for these three new zombies in the Almanac. It appears that there will be a new variant of Brickhead Zombie, a Rally Zombie variant for Dark Ages and an upgraded Wizard Zombie.
- Dark Ages will now have 2 machined protection zombies, similar to Jurassic Marsh.
In the 6.0.1 OBB file, there was a new music track added. The music's melody is similar to Moongrains (the Night music in Plants vs. Zombies). It is unknown what it will be used for, however there was an unfinished level called "Modern Day - Night 45" which uses this music.
- This could be a "Part 4" of Modern Day, now being at night.
- In relation, all worlds could get the "Night" variations, as worlds such as Modern Day and Lost City are on the list.
- The "Night" variation of Big Wave Beach may have "fog" levels in it, similar to PvZ 1. Thus, Plantern may make a return, along with Sea-Shroom, through there currently is no data for this.
- However, Dark Ages and Neon Mixtape Tour are already set at nighttime so they might have day levels.
- Plantern and the Fog's idea may be due to the Chinese version, so possibly the Fog mechanic from Plants vs. Zombies may be coming to Dark Ages instead, or both worlds.
- This music track is a remix of the Night music in Plants vs. Zombies.
Modern Day new content
There is a new level (possibly a new part to Modern Day) (see the first video in "Moongrains Music" part) that includes the following:
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||None||and are available|
|8||None||spawns at 6th column, 3rd row; Plant Food may be available|
- The Flag Zombie present in this level is the variant from Far Future even though the level is in Modern Day.
Choose Your Seeds from Plants vs. Zombies
In the 6.1.1 alpha version OBB file, there was also music added that is nearly identical to the Choose Your Seeds music in the first game, but again, with different instruments.
- This could be related to the Moongrains music above.
Solar Tomato is a plant found in the code in the 6.0 update. It currently uses Iceberg Lettuce's sprites. It stuns zombies in a 3x3 area when eaten and stunned zombies produced 10 sun. It is unknown if this will be its ability, as it is unfinished.
- It will be the first tomato plant in the series, not counting the unused Tomato from Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- It could also be the overall 5th Cherry Bomb variation in the game.