- For upcoming content in the Chinese version, see Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Upcoming content.
This page lists upcoming content for Plants vs. Zombies 2. Please note that things change over time, and that some things listed now might become scrapped later. For these reasons, the concepts page serves as an archive of past features.
This plant has been found in the game's code. There is a lone texture for it, which appears to be an ice variant of Electric Currant. It is currently unknown what it does.
New Vasebreaker levels
Specific to Big Wave Beach Vasebreaker
- It would be the first Vasebreaker level with a major environment modifier.
There is currently a data for the jukebox in the code. It is unknown how it works or where it can be played. However, it could provide a way to listen to the game's soundtrack.
Resources†ý...UI_PauseMenu..UI_DangerRoomþ, which suggests it could be played in the pause menu or Endless Zones.
It also has UI but currently has no textures.
This suggests it has a Song List, Rewind Button, Fast Forward Button, Play Button, Loop Button, and Shuffle Button.
It also appears they will have album artwork for every world.
Jurassic Marsh additional levels
Jurassic Marsh is getting 10 new levels as well with its own new zombies. As of the release of Far Future Days 26 - 35, the player can see empty slots for these three new zombies in the Almanac.
Amberhead Zombie will be a variant of Brickhead Zombie for Jurassic Marsh.
Amberhead's name and design is based off amber fossils, which are fossilized tree resin from Neolithic times.
Amberhead Zombie's head-engulfing ball of amber provides hardened protection.
If you were to extract DNA from the Amberhead Zombie and combine it with the DNA of a frog, you'd be breaking the law at some point.
- The Almanac entry references the movie series Jurassic Park, as in the first movie, a mosquito that bites a dinosaur gets stuck in amber, then many years later, humans found the preserved mosquito and combined the dinosaur DNA inside the mosquito with a frog/toad's and brought dinosaurs back from extinction.
- Even though Jurassic Marsh has a zombie with machined protection named Jurassic Fossilhead, another zombie is made with machined protection.
- The reason of this is that Jurassic Fossilhead is just similar to Knight Zombie and Blockhead Zombie, while Amberhead Zombie is a variant of Brickhead Zombie, who has higher health than the previously three zombies, which is close to Robo-Cone Zombie's.
- The "Sap Spawn" surprise attacks introduced in the Far Future level additions may also allude to this zombie, as amber is created from tree sap. This zombie could possibly be spawned from this ambush only, similar to Lost Pilot Zombies.
- Amber is fossilized tree resin, so it is unknown how a zombie from the times tree resin was still sticky somehow got into a fossilized version of it.
Jurassic Rockpuncher will be an upgraded version of Jurassic Bully.
Jurassic Rockpuncher pummels plants with rocks tied to his hands.
Somebody tied rocks to Jurassic Rockpuncher's hands. Being unable to remove them (because he had rocks tied to his hands), he was left with no choice but to roll with it.
- His almanac entry makes a subtle of the "rock and roll" joke.
Jurassic Rally Zombie
Jurassic Rally Zombie will be a variant of Rally Zombie for Jurassic Marsh.
Jurassic Rally Zombie marks the arrival of large group of zombies.
Where did Jurassic Rally Zombie get his fancy new flag? Nobody knows. It's a mystery. The police should look into it. Or maybe we could get a fund together and hire a detective. It's a real puzzle.
- His Almanac entry references how his flag looks like Rally Zombie's, only changing the handles (bones instead of wood), and how it's a lot more fancy considering the prehistoric designs other zombies have.
Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur 2.0
The new Zombot for Jurassic Marsh.
Wild West additional levels
Wild West is getting 10 new levels as well with its own new zombies. As of the release of Pirate Seas Days 26-35, the player can see empty slots for these three new zombies in the Almanac.
Cart-Head Zombie will be a variant of Brickhead Zombie for Wild West.
Cart-head Zombie's cart-shaped chapeau provides extra-wheeled head protection.
Cart-Head Zombie could probably move a lot faster if he did a handstand and rolled, but he's not thinking that far ahead.
Rodeo Legend Zombie
Rodeo Legend Zombie will be an upgrade of Zombie Bull.
Rodeo Legend Zombie smashes a plant and launches his Zombie rider past most of your defenses.
"Legend" perhaps overstates Rodeo Legend Zombie's status in the rodeo world. Don't tell him that, though, unless you're desperate to hear an hour-long tirade about calf-roping.
- It is known that Rodeo Legend Zombie will be able to destroy instantly any plant he finds while charging.
- It is also known that after charging, he will charge again after 4 seconds.
- This ability may be inspired by the Prince's charging ability in Clash Royale.
Cowboy Rally Zombie
Cowboy Rally Zombie will be a variant of Rally Zombie for Wild West.
Cowboy Rally Zombie marks the appearance of a sizable stampede of zombies.
Arrows point to the brain on Cowboy Rally's Flag, as if to say, "Hey everyone, I would like to emphasize this image." It's canny design.
- His almanac entry references the design of his flag.
Zombot War Wagon 2.0
The new Zombot for Wild West.
Dark Ages additional levels
Dark Ages is getting 10 new levels as well with its own new zombies. As of the release of Pirate Seas Days 26-35, the player can see empty slots for these three new zombies in the Almanac. It appears that there will be a new variant of Brickhead Zombie, a Rally Zombie variant for Dark Ages and an upgraded Wizard Zombie.
- Dark Ages will now have 2 machined protection zombies, similar to Jurassic Marsh.
Jurassic Marsh lawn change
In the 6.0.1 beta version's Jurassic Marsh - Day 42, the lawn's color is changed, and it now looks lighter, and now resembles the Chinese version lawn.
In the 6.0.1 OBB file, there was a new music track added. The music's melody is similar to Moongrains (the Night music in Plants vs. Zombies). It is unknown what it will be used for, however there was an unfinished level called "Modern Day - Night 45" which uses this music.
- This could be a "Part 4" of Modern Day, now being at night.
- This music track is a remix of the Night music in Plants vs. Zombies.
Modern Day new content
There is a new level (possibly a new part to Modern Day) (see the first video in "Moongrains Music" part) that includes the following:
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||None||and are available|
|8||None||spawns at 6th column, 3rd row; Plant Food may be available|
- The Flag Zombie variant are wear the costume from Far Future.
Choose Your Seeds from Plants vs. Zombies
In the 6.1.1 alpha version OBB file, there was also music added that is nearly identical to the Choose Your Seeds music in the first game, but again, with different instruments.
- This could be related to the Moongrains music above.
There has also been data found in the 6.1.1 beta version for an Electric Peashooter. Its stats are very similar to Peashooter's stats, however it also has code for a sparking ability, much like Lightning Reed. There is an image of it. It has sprites and a seed packet texture as well.
Electric Peashooters fire pea-like orbs that pass through zombies and crackle with electric power, doing damage all the while.
- This, Pea Pod, Threepeater, and Pea-nut are the only peashooting plants to not share the same idle animations with the other peashooting plants.
- It shares similarities with Electro Pea from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. This, however, is a lighter shade of blue.
- The "Ohm" in it's almanac entry references a German sign for electrical resistance.