- For upcoming content in the Chinese version, see Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Upcoming content.
This page lists upcoming content for Plants vs. Zombies 2. Please note that things change over time, and that some things listed now might become scrapped later. For these reasons, the concepts page serves as an archive of past features.
This plant has been found in the game's code. There is a lone texture for it, which appears to be an ice variant of Electric Currant. It is currently unknown what it does.
New Vasebreaker levels
Specific to Far Future and Dark Ages Vasebreaker
- The Vasebreaker levels for these worlds appeared since a very early version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
There is currently a data for the jukebox in the code. It is unknown how it works or where it can be played. However, it could provide a way to listen to the game's soundtrack.
The code suggests that it can be played in the pause menu and Endless Zones. It also has UI but currently has no textures.
This suggests it has a Song List, Rewind Button, Fast Forward Button, Play Button, Loop Button, and Shuffle Button.
It also appears they will have album artwork for every world.
Dark Ages additional levels
Dark Ages is getting 10 new levels as well with its own new zombies. As of the release of Pirate Seas Days 26-35, the player can see empty slots for these three new zombies in the Almanac. It appears that there will be a new variant of Brickhead Zombie, a Rally Zombie variant for Dark Ages and an upgraded version of Wizard Zombie.
- Dark Ages will now have two zombies with machined protection, similar to Jurassic Marsh.
- This could be a "Part 4" of Modern Day, now being at night.
Choose Your Seeds from Plants vs. Zombies
In the 6.1.1 alpha version OBB file, there was also music added that is nearly identical to the Choose Your Seeds music in the first game, but again, with different instruments.
- This could be related to the Moongrains music above.
Solar Tomato is a plant found in the code in the 6.0 update. Its seed packet is a Sunflower. It stuns all zombies when eaten and stunned zombies produce 10 sun , also damaging them. It is unknown if this will be its ability, as it is unfinished.
- It will be the first tomato plant in the series, not counting the unused Tomato from Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.