- For upcoming content in the Chinese version, see Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Upcoming content.
This page lists upcoming content for Plants vs. Zombies 2. Please note that things change over time, and that some things listed now might become scrapped later. For these reasons, the concepts page serves as an archive of past features.
This plant has been found in the game's code. There is only one texture for it, being its seed packet image, showing that it appears to be an ice variant of Electric Currant. What it does is currently unknown.
New Vasebreaker levels
Specific to Far Future and Dark Ages Vasebreaker
- The Vasebreaker levels for Far Future and Dark Ages appeared since a very early version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
There is currently a data for the jukebox in the code. It is unknown how it works or where it can be played. However, it could provide a way to listen to the game's soundtrack.
The code suggests that it can be played in the pause menu and Endless Zones. It also has UI but currently has no textures.
This suggests it has a Song List, Rewind Button, Fast Forward Button, Play Button, Loop Button, and Shuffle Button.
It also appears they will have album artwork for every world.
Dark Ages additional levels
Dark Ages is getting 10 new levels as well with its own new zombies. As of the release of Pirate Seas Days 26-35, the player can see empty slots for these three new zombies in the Almanac. It appears that there will be a new variant of Brickhead Zombie, a Rally Zombie variant for Dark Ages and an upgraded version of Wizard Zombie.
- Dark Ages will now have two zombies with machined protection, similar to Jurassic Marsh.
- The zombies from Dark Ages additional levels can appear in Modern Day Inzanity levels.
Choose Your Seeds from Plants vs. Zombies
In the 6.1.1 alpha version OBB file, there was also music added that is nearly identical to the Choose Your Seeds music in the first game, but again, with different instruments.
- This could be related to the Moongrains music above.
Holly BarricadeHolly Barricade is a premium plant that is possibly related to the Feastivus event. It attacks zombies damaging it by launching three prickly leaves, knocking them back and creating barriers on empty tiles.
It is based on both holly, a genus of flowering plants, and a barricade, an object or structure that creates a barrier or obstacle to control, block passage or force the flow of traffic in the desired direction.
Almanac entryHolly Barricade deals damage to zombies attacking him, and can launch 3 prickly barrier leaves to knock back and damage zombies.
Usage: tap to arm, tap on target tile to fire
Special: projectile knocks back, deals damage, leaves barrier on empty tiles
Holly Barricade would like to advise folks not to eat his berries. "It's rude to eat somebody's berries without asking," he says. "In addition, they are highly toxic."
- It would be the second holly-based plant in the series, the first being [[Jolly Holly|Jolly Holly]].
- Its code name, Holly Knight, is a reference to the Christmas carol Silent Night.
- It also references how Holly Barricade is both based on holly and is a defensive plant.