|Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West|
Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West (植物大战僵尸西游版; pinyin; Zhíwù dàzhàn jiāngshī xīyóu bǎn) was a Chinese-exclusive extension of Plants vs. Zombies. It is based on the Chinese novel, Journey to the West. It is removed because it has been combined with Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition.
|Icon||Area||Number of levels|
|Mini Games 1||5|
|Mini Games 2||5|
|War of The Spider Woman||8|
|Three fight with Skeleton Demon||8|
|Subdue Yellow-browned Monster||8|
|Outsmart Fire Child||8|
|Battle of the Ox-Demon||8|
|The Dragon's Palace||5|
|Walkthrough (all areas)|
- All Plants vs. Zombies plants
- Vigorous Broccoli
- Pomegranate Machine Gun
- Carrot Missile Truck
- Oak Archer
- Ghost Pepper
- Laser Bean
- Bonk Choy
Read more: Hero Plants
Hero Plants are some new plants in Journey To The West. They have different abilities, and they can be moved by the player at any time. You can only use one Hero Plant in each level. They include: Two wallnuts, a Peashooter, a sunflower, squash, and a threepeater.
- All Plants vs. Zombies zombies
- Flying Imp
- Spider Devil Zombie
- Skeleton Lady Zombie
- Red Girl Imp
- Yellow Brows Gargantuar
- Bull Demon King Zombot
- Conchhead Zombie
- Seahorse Pogo Zombie
- Lobsterhead Runner Zombie
- Turtle Zombie
- Crab Imp
- Fish Thrower Imp
- Dragon King of the East Sea Zombot
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West.
- All the images on the seed packets are the images from the online almanac.
- Every world, plant, and zombie returned from the first game. Only a few new features were introduced.
- The player cannot plant any mushrooms, nor Torchwood under the sea.
- In the underwater world, projectiles have a blue circle around them. Also, sun falls in a serpentine pattern in this world.
- Pig Squash's garden rake attack is a reference to Zhu Bajie's primary weapon, the nine-toothed rake.
- Electric Anemone, Vigorous Broccoli, Pomegranate Machine Gun, Carrot Missile Truck, Oak Archer, and Ghost Pepper have the upgrade plant seed packet, even though they are not upgrades. This was mostly intentional to prevent the plants listed above from getting imitated by Imitater.
- They are all unlocked by purchasing them at the shop.
- Some plants from Plants vs. Zombies 2 are in the game, and have their Plant Food abilities as their secondary attacks.
- This isn't the first Journey to The West inspired game created by Popcap. In Bookworm Adventures Vol. 2, the 5th Book: The Monkey King, has characters inspired by the novel.