This article is about something that is no longer available. Therefore, it is archived.
- Not to be confused with Journey to the West, a world in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West (植物大战僵尸西游版; pinyin; Zhíwù dàzhàn jiāngshī xīyóu bǎn) was a Chinese-exclusive extension of Plants vs. Zombies. It was based on the Chinese novel, Journey to the West. It was removed because it had been combined with Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition.
The icon of the game from v30.04
The icon of the game from v30.05
The icon of the game from v30.06
The icon of the game from v30.10
The second icon of v30.10
- All Plants vs. Zombies zombies
| |Plants vs. Zombies Wiki
has a gallery
for Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West.
- All the images on the seed packets were the images from the online Almanac.
- Every world, plant, and zombie returned from the first game. Only a few new features were introduced.
- The player could not plant any mushrooms, nor Torchwood under the sea.
- In the underwater world, projectiles had a blue circle around them. Also, sun falls in a serpentine pattern in this world.
- Pig Squash's garden rake attack is a reference to Zhu Bajie's primary weapon, the nine-toothed rake.
- Electric Anemone, Vigorous Broccoli, Pomegranate Machine Gun, Carrot Missile Truck, Oak Archer, and Ghost Pepper have the upgrade plant seed packet, even though they are not upgrades. This was mostly intentional to prevent the plants listed above from getting imitated by Imitater.
- They are all unlocked by purchasing them at the shop.
- Some plants from Plants vs. Zombies 2 are in the game, and have their Plant Food abilities as their secondary attacks.
- This isn't the first Journey to The West inspired game created by PopCap. In Bookworm Adventures Vol. 2, the 5th Book: The Monkey King, has characters inspired by the novel.