Plants vs. Zombies: Battle Extravagonzo is the first graphic novel based on the Plants vs. Zombies series, which was published on June 14th, 2017. It is available to buy for $9.99 on Darkhorse.com. The plot is about the plants and zombies boxing over ownership of a factory.
- Writer: Paul Tobin
- Artist: Tim Lattie
- Colorist: Matt J. Rainwater
- Cover Artist: Ron Chan
- Genre: Humor, Action/Adventure
- Number of Pages: 80
"A new, standalone graphic novel by Paul Tobin and Tim Lattie! Zomboss is back, hoping to buy the same factory at the center of Neighborville that his nemesis Crazy Dave is eyeing! Will Crazy Dave and his intelligent plants beat Zomboss and his zombie army to the punch? The Battle Extravagonzo is on!
*The first Plants vs. Zombies original graphic novel!"
List of Characters
- Nate Timely
- Patrice Blazing
- Crazy Dave
- Dr. Zomboss
- Mr. Stubbins (Dr. Zomboss's pet zombie hedgehog)
- Various plants and zombies from the Plants vs. Zombies games.
Note: This preview only shows the 10 first pages of the story.
- It is the first graphic novel based on the Plants vs. Zombies series. The second is Plants vs. Zombies: Lawn of Doom.
- In page 2, panel 2, one of the civilians breaks the fourth wall after the caption states that they are "about to get caught up in a cataclysmic confrontation of unimaginable devastation."
- In page 7, panel 4, there is a picture of a moonwalking beet with the words "Beet It." This references both Michael Jackson's Beat It and his signature move the moonwalk.
- This is the second time Beat It has been referenced, the first is Beet It's name.
- Coincidentally, both references are puns on "beet," a vegetable.
- A Parasol Zombie can be seen in page 4, although she has an orange dress and parasol rather than blue ones.
- Oddly throughout the book, various bean-based plants, such as Laser Bean and Sun Bean, are mistakenly colored red as opposed to their true colors.
- In this graphic novel, a new plant not included in any of the Plants vs Zombies games is shown, called the Grasso.