|Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars|
PopCap Games and Gamecomb
MMO, card collecting fighting game, RPG, PvP
July 3, 2014 (Android, first beta)
Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars (Chinese name: 植物大战僵尸: 全明星) is the second spin-off to Plants vs. Zombies 2 presented at the EA press conference of May 6, 2014. The first beta was released on July 3rd, 2014. A second beta was released on August 14th, 2014 containing additional plants and zombies, along with some gameplay changes and bugfixes.
It is the second Plants vs. Zombies game with content available exclusively in China and the third game available only to Chinese players. Previously, playing this game requires a Gamecomb account, but now, the player can create his/her own profile in the game.
Primitive Snail Zombie sees the plants sleeping. It calls the other zombies. Their leader points to the Player's House and shouts. Then, all the zombies come closer to the plants. Suddenly, some asteroids fall down into the Earth. Then, Venus Flytrap appears from one asteroid, making other love it. Ball Cactus appears from an another asteroid. And then Popcorn-pult appears in the third asteroid. All of them attack the zombies, making the battle between plants and zombies begin again.
The game so far features eleven worlds, six of which are already featured in Plants vs. Zombies 2, four are exclusive to All Stars and one, Player's House, is featured Plants vs. Zombies 2, but only in the Tutorial whereas here it's a full world.
To gain access to the next area, the player must beat every level in the current area. Obtaining every star is not necessary. Later areas also have a level requirement that must be met.
|Icon||Area||Number of Levels||Unlocks at|
|American Suburbs (美国小镇)||15 (Old versions), 10 (New versions)||Lvl. 0|
|Prehistoric Ages (原始部落)||20||Lvl. 5|
|Great Wall of China (万里长城)||25||Lvl. 10|
|Ancient Egypt (神秘埃及)||30||Lvl. 18|
|Pirate Seas (海盗湾)||30||Lvl. 28|
|Wild West (狂野西部)||30||Lvl. 35|
|Kung-Fu World (功夫世界)||30||Lvl. 42|
|Journey to the West (西游记)||30||Lvl. 50|
|Viking World (维京世界)||30||Lvl. 58|
|Far Future (未来世界)||30||Lvl. 65|
|Dark Ages (PvZ: AS)||30||Lvl. 70|
|walkthrough (all areas)|
- July 3, 2014: This game released on Android as beta.
- September 19, 2014: This game released on iOS.
- September 24, 2015: Version 1.0.81 was released and gameplay was remodeled.
- November 8, 2015: Far Future is released on iOS with new plants.
- January 24, 2016: Dark Ages is released with new plants.
Each plant requires costume pieces in order to be upgraded, along with some coins. Several pieces for each category are required to upgrade the plant, depending on the level of upgrade. Upgrading the plant will increase its stats, and in some cases evolve it into a brand new plant. Costumes, weapons, and armor pieces are in normal gameplay. Each upgrade the plant will require stronger weapons, armor and costumes to upgrade.
Weapons, such as meteor hammer, slingshot, spear, and staff. They increase hit rate, crit, and damage.
|Level||Weapon||Made by||Pieces Required|
Armor has three types: Cape (For brave (remote attackers): Peashooter, Puff-shroom), Cloak (For gentle (healers): Sunflower, Pistachio) and Armor (For tenacious (melee attackers): Wall-nut, Spikeweed). They increase the defense and dodge.
|Level||Armor||Made by||Pieces Required|
|3||树皮 (Tree bark)||5|
There are different types of costumes, such as 帽子(hats), 领结(bows), 彩带(ribbons) and 眼镜(glasses), they have 普遍(common), 精致(refined) and 完美(perfect). Every plant has its own unique costume.
- Main article: Plants (PvZ: AS)
- Main article: Zombies (PvZ: AS)
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
How to play the game tutorial
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars/Concepts
- Even though the Gatling Pea in Plants vs. Zombies 2 is only seen when a Peashooter or a Repeater is fed with Plant Food, in this game, it is an upgrade to a separate plant, similarly to the original Plants vs. Zombies. However, despite this, it still can be seen when a Peashooter uses its Special Attack, similar to Plants vs. Zombies 2's Plant Food effect on a Peashooter.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars has all the plants from Plants vs. Zombies with the exception of Flower Pot, save for a cameo appearance.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars has all plants solely in the international version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 that are obtained from Ancient Egypt to Dark Ages, the exception being Sun Bean. In addition, no plants from worlds after Dark Ages appear, nor do any premium plants appear besides Power Lily and Snow Pea.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars has the second most plants out of any other Plants vs. Zombies game, at a total of 96 plants.
- The only game to have more plants is Plants vs. Zombies 2, which has over 100 plants.
- However, including cameos, removed, and unused plants, it has the most plants, at a total of 158.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars is the second game where Sunflower has offensive capabilities, with the first being Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars is the first, and currently only, game to have an evolution system.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars is the first game in the Plants vs. Zombies series to include a lot of fruits that aren't really planted (planting on the ground or vine-rooted plants). An example is the Banana.
- For some reason, Grave Buster has both its Plants vs. Zombies and Plants vs. Zombies 2 designs in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars is the first game where plants can fight other plants.
- However, there is a glitch in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare which allows the player to use a plant on the zombie side. When this is done, the player can attack plants as a plant.
- Some plants in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars were supposed to appear in the original Plants vs. Zombies.
- The Cuke and the Lawn Mower appear in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars as Power Ups.
- Since the 1.0.80 update, the gameplay was remodeled, similarly to the 1.7 update of Plants vs. Zombies 2.