- For other uses, see plants.
Plants are living organisms that belong to the Plantae kingdom. They obtain most of their energy from sunlight in a process called photosynthesis. However, not all plants absorb energy via photosynthesis. They are the protagonists of Plants vs. Zombies Adventures and the player's main defense against the undead assailants.
Differences between Plants vs. Zombies
Because of the different layout of Plants vs. Zombies Adventures compared to Plants vs. Zombies, several things were changed to the idea of plants so that they accommodate the 3D conversion.
- Plants (except for Wall-nut, Hard-nut, and Popcorn) do not get eaten. Instead, they get knocked out for about five seconds. Giving the plant 25 sun will revive it, so the plant can attack zombies again.
- Plants are finite per level. The player will be given a maximum of five for a certain plant type, so placing plants in safe but practical spots is more important than in its predecessor.
- Plants have to be grown in the Player's Town. Not all plants are equal in this aspect.
- Because the game is 3D, plants attack the zombies in a square pattern rather than a line. If multiple zombies are in a plant's square, it will attack the one farthest from the starting Grave. If a zombie is eating a plant, the plant will prioritize the zombie eating it.
Ways to get plants
First, you must grow plants in Planter Boxes (unless they are given to you). Plants cost coins to grow. Once they are grown, you can either plant them in your town to protect your town from zombies, or you can take them on the road to help with your road trip.
Secondly, the player can receive a free plant occasionally from a friend at no cost to them. These plants are free to send, but the plants inside will only be Peashooters, Sunflowers, Aspearaguses, or Wall-nuts. If the player is full on those plants, the mystery gift will be 5 coins.
When you go on your trip, you can take a maximum of five to seven different plants, five of each plant. Each plant has a varying sun cost. After five of the same plant have been planted, they can be bought with gems. The gem cost also varies. VIP plants can only be bought with gems.
When you finish a world in the road trip, if you have enough coins, you can reclaim a lot, and if you succeed, you get a new plant that can be planted.
|Plant||Image||Description||Coins||Sun||Gems||XP||Range||Power||Buff effect||Harvest||Function interval|
|Peashooter||Shoots peas at zombies||25||100||5||3||5x5 (medium)||Low (1 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||One minute||1.5 seconds|
|Sunflower||Makes extra Sun for placing plants||50||50||8||5||n/a||n/a||Stuns zombies (3x3 area)||Two minutes||Fifteen seconds|
|Aspearagus||Shoots stalks from a healthy distance||50||125||10||5||11x11 (huge)||Medium (1.5 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||Ten minutes||Two seconds|
|Wall-nut||Stops zombies with its chewy shell||100||50||30, 45||10, 15||n/a||n/a||Defense increase||One hour||n/a|
|Cherry Bomb||Blows up all nearby zombies||250||150||90, 130||25||7x7 (long)||Massive (50 damage)||N/A||Six hours||Three seconds|
|Popcorn||Explodes on contact; takes time to arm||150||50||35||15||1x1 (very short)||Massive (50 damage)||N/A||Two hours||Fifteen seconds|
|Beet||Headbutts zombies into submission||300||100||70, 110||20, 30||3x3 (short)||High (2 damage)||Damage||Four hours||One second|
|Snow Pea||Slows down zombies with cold precision||200, 350||125||40, 65||20, 35||5x5 (medium)||Medium (1.5 damage)|
|Range (+2) Damage||Two hours||1.5 seconds|
|Jalapeño||Destroys an entire path of zombies||300||100||40, 90, 125||30||Whole path||Massive (50 damage)||N/A||Six hours||Three seconds|
|Magnet Plant||Grabs metallic objects from zombies||400, 600||100||50, 70, 110||40, 60||5x5 (medium)||Metal only||Insta-ready for more metal||Four hours||Fifteen seconds|
|Flaming Pea||Shoots fiery peas which burn so good||500, 750||125||75, 125||50, 75||5x5 (medium)||High (2 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||Six hours||1.5 seconds|
|Shamrock||Shoots far. Hides when zombies are nearby||600, 800||125||75, 100, 145||60, 80||11x11 (huge)||High (3 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||Eight hours||Two seconds|
|Bamboo Shoot||Lobs explosive shells at multiple zombies||800, 1000||175||125, 180||80, 100||5x5 (medium)||Heavy (8 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||Twelve hours||Three seconds|
|Repeater||Fires two peas at a time||1000||100||130, 150||100||5x5 (medium)||Very high (4 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||Six hours||1.5 seconds|
|Chilly Pepper||Blasts and freezes an entire path of zombies||1500||100||175, 220||150||Whole path||Massive (50 damage)|
0 (ice blocks)
|N/A||Eight hours||Three seconds|
|Twin Sunflower||Makes twice the Sun of a regular Sunflower||3000||50||20||300||n/a||n/a||Stuns zombies (3x3 area)||Five minutes||Fifteen seconds|
|Plant||Image||Description||Coins||Gems||To unlock||Range||Power||Buff effect||Harvest time||Function interval|
|Sweet Pea||Shoots candy at zombies||50||15, 25||Help from five friends|
|5x5 (medium)||Medium (1.5 damage)||Range (+2)|
|One hour||1.5 seconds|
|Beeshooter||BUZZZZ. Shoots bees at zombies||100||20||1000 gems||7x7 (long)||High (2 damage)||Range (+2)|
|Four hours||1.5 seconds|
|Hard-nut||Stops zombies with its hard, crunchy shell||400, 600||90||1250 gems||n/a||n/a||Defense increase||Four hours||n/a|
|Acespearagus||Delivers long-range precision strikes||200, 300||50, 60||1250 gems||13x13 (huge)||High (3 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||Four hours||Two seconds|
|Power Flower||Makes three times the Sun! Groovy!||200||30||1500 gems||n/a||n/a||Stuns zombies (3x3 area)||Twelve hours||Fifteen seconds|
|Beetboxer||Pummels zombies for a total beetdown||600, 900||20, 165||1250 gems||3x3 (short)||Very high (4 damage)||Damage||Sixteen hours||One second|
|Ice Queen Pea||Slows down zombies with icy precision||600, 1000||80, 130||1000 gems||7x7 (long)||High (3 damage)||Range (+2)|
|Eight hours||1.5 seconds|
|Shamrockstar||Shoots very far and rarely hides||1200||150, 160, 290, 325||1500 gems||13x13 (huge)||Very high (6 damage)||Range (+2)|
|Twelve hours||Two seconds|
|Bamboom||Packs a massive punch at medium range!||1600, 2000||180, 360, 500||1750 gems||7x7 (long)||Super heavy (possibly 16 damage)||Range (+2)|
|Eighteen hours||Three seconds|
- Power refers to how much damage plants deal.
- When a plant is harvested, it drops one XP star.
- Harvest refers to the amount of time a player must wait before a plant planted in the planter box can be collected and put into inventory.
- Function intervals refer to the time between attacks, sun production, reloading, and the like.
- Words in parentheses refer to how the game describes how powerful an attack is or how far a plant can attack from (including boosted effects if the plant normally has no attack).
- All regular plants have a ten second recharge time before before being able to plant another one of the same plant (except the Wall-nut, Cherry Bomb, Jalapeño, and Chilly Pepper, which take forty-five seconds to recharge).
- All VIP plants have a five second recharge time before being able to plant another one of the same plant.
- If a plant gets K.O.ed, it takes fifteen seconds and costs 25 sun to revive, except Wall-nut and Hard-nut.
- VIP Plants cannot be planted with coins before their seeds are unlocked by gems, and do not cost any sun to use.
- Once a Wall-nut or a Hard-nut is eaten, it cannot be revived.
- When the first zombie appears the plants that are already planted at that time appear surprised for a short time.
- There are currently no plants that cost more than 200 sun, probably because in this game, sun production is lower.
- VIP plants have no sun cost.
- Bamboom deals the highest damage any plant can do, as it is able to kill a Gargantuar in nine to ten hits.