- For other uses, see plants.
Plants are living organisms that belong to the Plantae kingdom. They obtain most of their energy from sunlight in a process called photosynthesis. However, not all plants absorb energy via photosynthesis. They are the protagonists of Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars and the player's main defense against the undead assailants.
Plants in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars have health, attack power, and defense (represents the total health that a plant can absorb in each attack). They can be upgraded by collecting items such as gems, coins, sun, level, equipments or spirits. Each of them also have their own attacks and abilities. The plant can also be evolved to the next tier with potions and coins. Once a plant is upgraded, it cannot be downgraded. The upgraded plant will have different effects to the original plant. The "→" represents which plant evolutes to which plant. Note that some of these plants are features in the games menus and title screens, but are not currently featured in gameplay.
These plants are in the game, but you can't use them in-game.
- Sun-shroom (Not playable, but special events can be played where Sun-shrooms can be killed for sun)
- Lily Pad (Not playable, but plants are on top of them in water levels)
- Flower Pot (Cameo appearance only)
- Gold Magnet (Bug, used to use for Doomsday Bomb Mushroom picture)
- Pumpkin (Bug, used to use for Torchwood and Wildfire Stump picture)
- Potato Mine (Bug)
- Umbrella Leaf (Bug, used to use for the White Radish puzzle pieces picture only)
- Ice-shroom and its downgrade or upgrade (Removed)
- Sweet Potato (Cameo appearance, but will appear later)
These plants so far are not featured in any prototype releases, but will be in the game in the final version.
These plants were all in the game at some point, but they were eventually taken out.