Plant Perk powered up the player's plants for five seconds when it was applied, similarly to Plant Food in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Shooting plants would have their range and damage increased, Beet and Beetboxer would simply have their damage increased, and sun-producing plants will stun all nearby zombies. Wall-nut's and Hard-nut's health was increased. The Magnet Plant lost whatever item it stole, allowing it to steal another. It had no effect on instant-kills, since they disappeared too quickly for the effect to be used, although Cherry Bomb could be buffed with Plant Perk before the June 5th Update, which gave it an extra two squares of range.
ZombiFreeze froze a single selected zombie when applied. It had the same effect on all zombies, immobilizing them for three seconds. However, the player would have to be wise with its usage as it only affected one zombie per use.
This was the zombie equivalent of Plant Perk. Brain Rush powered up a clicked zombie, making it move faster and eat quicker, as well as causing it to glow pink. It was especially useful on zombies that move faster than normal, such as Football Zombies or Barrel Zombies which lost their barrel, but could also be used on slower zombies to purposely bunch them up.
- Not to be confused with the Zombie Fog which surrounded the Player's Town.
This was the zombie equivalent of ZombiFreeze. If a plant is clicked on, then the plant would stand idle and be tinted a tone of purple. Plants would stay like this for three seconds, allowing zombies to eat it before they died. This could also be used to keep powerful defenses reduced in power, or to disable grouped plants. It could not be used on instant kills, sun-producing plants, Wall-nuts, or Hard-nuts.
- When Magnet Plant was clicked on, its range briefly increased, but this was not long enough to steal a piece of armor.
- As mentioned before, Cherry Bomb could be buffed to increase range. This was fixed in an update.
- Using the Gardening Glove on a plant, Plant Perk would immediately take effect, unless the player had no sun.
- If a Barrel Zombie or Rocket Zombie lost its rocket or barrel while under the effects of ZombiFreeze, it would appear to walk in place.
- When a Conga Leader was stunned, it would continue to summon Conga Dancers, and after summoning one, it would continue moving, even if the ZombiFreeze was still in effect.
- Zombies would sometimes "eat" while under the effects of ZombiFreeze, but their eating did nothing to plants.
- Plants might not get the purple overlay while under the effects of Zombie Fog.