|Abilities||When a Plant here hurts the Zombie Hero, draw a card.|
|How this planet came to be? It's another of life's grape mysteries.|
Planet of the Grapes is a galactic uncommon plant environment card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. It costs 2 to play, and its ability gives the plant hero a card every time a plant in it hurts the zombie hero.
Its name a portmanteau of Planet of the Apes, a science fiction movie franchise about a world in which humans and intelligent apes clash for control, and "grapes," referring to the grapes seen in the environment.
The destroyed "Statue of Liberty" berry seen in the card is a reference to the movie's famous twist, where the sight of a destroyed Statue of Liberty makes the protagonist realize they have been on Earth all along.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Berry Environment
- Ability: When a Plant here hurts the Zombie Hero, draw a card.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Uncommon
How this planet came to be? It's another of life's grape mysteries.
- Added to the game.
Due to the fact that this is an environment, it is best to have plants with Team-Up to double its ability's effectiveness, allowing you to draw two cards instead of one.
However, this ability only activates if plants here hurt the zombie hero, so your opponent can simply play a zombie to shut its ability down. Fortunately, there are plants that can get past this. Plants whose abilities hit your opponent directly such as Admiral Navy Bean, Sportacus, Astro-Shroom, Heartichoke, and Mirror-Nut, plants with the Strikethrough trait, and plants who attack on multiple lanes like Threepeater, Shooting Starfruit, and Tricorn are such examples.
Each hero has their way of using this environment well:
- Nightcap can use Astro-Shroom and then spam cheap plants to do lots of unblockable damage and easily draw cards. While Planet of the Grapes is typically put directly in a deck with Astro-Shroom to pull this combo off anyway, he can also Conjure this environment from High-Voltage Currant.
- Rose can use either Heartichoke and then spam healing cards to draw cards or use Strikethrough plants to draw cards every time they attack.
- Citron and Beta-Carrotina can use Mirror-Nut to draw cards should the zombie hero damage any of their nut plants. They can also use plants with Bullseye to ensure that they do unblockable damage while drawing cards.
- Perhaps the best hero to use this as is Green Shadow, as she has access to bonus attacks such as plants with the Double Strike trait, Re-Peat Moss, Plant Food, or Espresso Fiesta, just in case a zombie is occupying the lane. Bananasaurus Rex synergizes especially well as her first attack will hit the zombie hero and draw a card, causing her to grow stronger and resulting in her next attack being stronger. She also has access to the most beans, allowing her to activate Admiral Navy Bean's ability more easily if it is played on Planet of the Grapes.
However, if you are facing a Beastly hero, you need to be careful, as your opponent may be packing a Squirrel Herder as she can now destroy this environment. Grave Mistake can counter her easily, so it may be good to pack a few in your deck.
Even though this environment doesn't seem like a threat, you still have to be careful with plants that can do direct damage like Admiral Navy Bean as it can allow the plant hero to draw more cards easily. If you can, try to destroy plants in that environment to prevent them from drawing more cards. If there are plants that have no synergy in that environment, you can block them with any zombie as this environment only works if a plant hurts you. If these situations do not work, resort to replacing it with one of your environments. You can alternatively play Planetary Gladiator to redirect all damage dealt by you to him, neglecting the card draw as a result.
If you are playing as a Beastly hero, you can play Squirrel Herder to destroy this environment.
- Its card description makes a pun, with the word "great" replaced by the word "grape."
- Its code name is "Tactical Position."
- The card's icon and environment lane show a grape from Grapes of Wrath and another from Sour Grapes being the inhabitants of the huts.
- However, neither of these two cards are from the Smarty class, but rather in the Kabloom class instead.
- The Sour Grapes also uses its beta face.
- When this environment is replaced, the player can see the grapes scattering from the lane.
- Sometimes, the spear images will stay still even if this environment's ability activation has finished. This might be a glitch.