|Unlocked||Collect 10 Pitaya Puzzle Pieces|
Pitaya grew up with anxiety, as he always wished to count how many seeds are there in his pulp, t. It's also easy for him to get upset, because there's always someone suspecting him to be somewhat related to sesame seeds. He later thought these through, throw out all problems, and let them become the Zombies' headache instead!
Pitaya (火龙果; pinyin: huǒlóng guǒ) is a monthly special plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, and the monthly special plant for May 2016. It attacks by lobbing balls of fire, damaging every zombie in an area around it. It can also thaw plants in Frostbite Caves.
Pitaya is based on the Pitaya, a fruit that grows on cacti which is also known as the dragon fruit.
Note: Pitaya's in-game damage is Heavy and its recharge in-game is Fast.
Sun cost: 150
Spits burning pulp, dealing a small amount of damage to the enemies.
Plant feature: Red plant, full of angerPitaya grew up with anxiety, as he always wished to count how many seeds are there in his pulp, t. It's also easy for him to get upset, because there's always someone suspecting him to be somewhat related to sesame seeds. He later thought these through, throw out all problems, and let them become the Zombies' headache instead!
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Pitaya spits a large fireball that rolls through the lane.
The fireball now leaves a fire trail that lasts for few seconds.
- It is the first Chinese-exclusive plant that can thaw plants. The second is Flame Flower Queen and the third is Match Flower Boxer.
- Its splashing sound attack reuses Pepper-pult's splash sound.
- This was fixed in version 2.0.0 with a new sound effect.
- If the player looks closely at the splash when its projectile hits a zombie, the player can see the pepper silhouettes, similarly to Pepper-pult's.
- This is the first plant in the series to be based off of a dragon fruit, the second one being Dark Matter Dragonfruit.
- This makes it the only plant in a main series game to be based off of a dragon fruit.