|Unlocked||Collect 10 Pitaya Puzzle Pieces|
Pitaya is always very anxious, because he always knows how many seeds are in his pulp, it is also easy to anger it, because someone always suspects that he has something to do with black sesame seeds. He later figured out an idea, throw out all your problems, and let the zombies get a headache!
Pitaya (火龙果; pinyin: huǒlóng guǒ) is a monthly special plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, and the monthly special plant for May 2016. It attacks by lobbing balls of fire, damaging every zombie in an area around it. It can also thaw plants in Frostbite Caves.
Pitaya is based on the Pitaya, a fruit that grows on cacti which is also known as the dragon fruit.
Note: Pitaya's in-game damage is Heavy and its recharge in-game is Fast.
Sun cost: 150
Spits burning pulp, dealing a small amount of damage to the enemies.
Plant feature: Red plant, full of angerPitaya is always very anxious, because he always knows how many seeds are in his pulp, it is also easy to anger it, because someone always suspects that he has something to do with black sesame seeds. He later figured out an idea, throw out all your problems, and let the zombies get a headache!
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Pitaya spits a large fireball that rolls through the lane.
The fireball now leaves a fire trail that lasts for few seconds.
- It is the first Chinese-exclusive plant that can thaw plants. The second is Flame Flower Queen and the third is Match Flower Boxer.
- Its splashing sound attack reuses Pepper-pult's splash sound.
- This was fixed in version 2.0.0 with a new sound effect.
- If the player looks closely at the splash when its projectile hits a zombie, the player can see the pepper silhouettes, similarly to Pepper-pult's.
- This is the first plant in the series to be based off of a dragon fruit, the second one being Dark Matter Dragonfruit.
- This makes it the only plant in a main series game to be based off of a dragon fruit.