- For the Chinese version of the level, see Pirate Seas - Day 9 (Chinese version).
Pirate Seas - Day 9 is the ninth level of Pirate Seas in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Pirate Captain Zombie and the Zombie Parrot are introduced here. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the Spring Bean.
The new zombies will not always appear, due to Dynamic Difficulty. Regardless, the Pirate Captain Zombie can snatch a plant using its Zombie Parrot. They act similarly to Bungee Zombie, except the Pirate Captain Zombie is more powerful, being able to get rid of more plants if the Zombie Parrot isn't defeated. Powerful plants should be used to easily deal with the new threat.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|4||None||100% Plant Food|
|6||2||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|7||3 4 5||None||First flag|
|8||1 2||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|10||None||100% Plant Food|
|12||3 4 5||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|14||3 4 5||None||100% Plant Food, final flag|
- Suggested plants:
- Plant two columns of Sunflowers on the second and third columns.
- The first column is for Kernel-pults. It can kill instantly the Zombie Parrot but only if it throws butter. Planting like this will prevent all the plants on the lawn from Zombie Parrots.
- Plant Kernel-pults on the first column.
- Plant Bonk Choys and Wall-nuts along. You can plant one more column of Kernel-pults to deal the hordes of zombies.
- Remember to use Plant Food. Using it on a Bonk Choy will also work on killing the Zombies effectively.
- The pictures below will explain this strategy.