Pineapple (旋转菠萝; pinyin: xuánzhuǎn bōluó) is the seventh and final plant of Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is the flying equivalent of Wall-nut, and is also capable of reflecting Zombie Fighter's projectiles.
Sun cost: 75
Pineapple can stop zombies from advancing, and can deflect bullets via self-rotation.
Special: Its spin can bounce bullets.
Plant feature: yellow plant, tornado family, flying plantIn order to realize the dream of flying into the sky, Pineapple found inspiration from the cartoons he saw in his childhood: He transformed the leaves on his head into a copter hoping that he could fly freely in the sky. As we have seen, such a whimsical idea actually worked! But the side effect is obvious: He had to follow the rotation at regular intervals in order to offset part of the leaves' pressure.
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Pineapple spins and collects all the bullets from zombies in 3x1 area. Then, it flings them back at enemies.
The reflecting is spread out and hits random zombies.
This plant is very useful in Sky City because of its ability to fly and reflect bullets. You should use it the same way as using Wall-nut, but plant it in the sky instead. You can also use it to block Zombie Fighter's bullets to save your other airborne plants.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Pineapple.
- It went through a major redesign in version 1.6.2. However, its level up icons and PvP advertisement still shows its old design.
- This is the fifth plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that went through a major redesign. The other plants are Grave Buster, Spikeweed, Starfruit, and Tangle Kelp. However, the redesign for Pineapple was done in the same game, between updates.
- This makes it the only plant to have a redesign occur between updates.
- It, Pineapple Cannon and Spineapple are the only pineapple plants in the Plants vs. Zombies series.
- "In order to realize the dream of flying into the sky, Pineapple found inspiration from the cartoons it saw in its childhood," seen in its Almanac entry, hints a Japanese anime which is famous in China—Doraemon.
- And as a matter of fact, "bamboo dragonfly" is actually called Hopter in the cartoon. It is one of Doraemon's gadgets that can help people fly in the sky, which Pineapple's leaves are similar to.
- Before the 1.6.2. update, it reflects bullets by spinning around. Now, it bounces them back by inflating.
- Previously, its Almanac stats are the same as Saucer's, even though they are not correct.