|Tribe||Dancing Pet Zombie|
|Abilities||When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1.|
|He was told that playing the pipe would summon raccoons. But whatevs.|
Pied Piper is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 2 to play, and has 2/1. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability gives all plants on his lane -1/-1 when he is revealed.
His name, appearance and ability are all references to the fairy tale called The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribes: Dancing Pet Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
He was told that playing the pipe would summon raccoons. But whatevs.
- Ability change: "When revealed: A Plant gets -1/-1." → "When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1."
- Tribe order change: Pet Dancing → Dancing Pet
Pied Piper's ability to weaken, and possibly destroy a plant is what makes him handy. It is best to place him on a lane with a plant that has 1, or 3 at most for Pied Piper to destroy it. Also, since the ability decreases stats and affects all plants in that lane, it can basically bypass Team-Up plants to destroy a frail plant behind, or Armored plants since the trait does not prevent stat reduction. If there is a dangerous plant with 1, such as Snapdragon, Magnifying Grass, Mushroom Ringleader, they can be easily destroyed when he is revealed.
If you manage to keep Pied Piper alive with Electric Boogaloo, he can be used in a dancing-based deck with Aerobics Instructor and Flamenco Zombie, since he is a dancing zombie. Pied Piper can also give boosts to Cat Lady and Zookeeper, since he is also a pet zombie.
However, Pied Piper's ability will not activate if there are no plants in his lane. Grave Buster is also a big counter to this zombie since you will most likely play him as soon as possible, which is very predictable, and the plant hero can simply ignore the gravestone.
There's not much you can do about this zombie early in the game, because he hides in a gravestone. However, Morning Glory, Pepper M.D., Black-Eyed Pea and a boosted Snowdrop can destroy him. In addition, Grave Buster can be used. This is extremely suggested if the plant hero is Spudow, and a gravestone appears in a lane with Shroom for Two in it, as a Beastly zombie hero would likely play this in that lane to destroy them.
- The last word in his description, "whatevs" is an informal way to say the word whatever.
- When he is revealed, he will play a short tune on his pipe. The same applies when reducing stats.
- He and Stayin' Alive are the only dancing cards in the Beastly class.
- His name is an example of alliteration.