|Tribe||Pet Dancing Zombie|
|Abilities||When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1.|
|He was told that playing the pipe would summon raccoons. But whatevs.|
Pied Piper is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. It costs 2 to play, and has 2/1. It has the Gravestone trait, and its ability gives all plants in its lane -1/-1 when it is revealed.
Its name, appearance and special effect are a reference to the fairytale The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Dancing Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Abilities: When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
He was told that playing the pipe would summon raccoons. But whatevs.
- Effect change: "Gravestone. When revealed: A Plant gets 1/-1." → "Gravestone. When revealed: Plants here get 1/-1."
Pied Piper's ability to weaken, and possibly destroy a plant is what makes it handy. It is best to place it on a lane with a plant that has 1, or 3 at most for Pied Piper to destroy it. Also, since the ability decreases stats and affects all plants in that lane, it can basically bypass Team-Up plants to destroy a frail plant behind, or Armored plants since the trait does not prevent stat reduction.
If you manage to keep Pied Piper alive with Electric Boogaloo, it can be used in a Dancing-based deck with Aerobics Instructor and Flamenco Zombie, since it is a Dancing Zombie. Pied Piper can also give boosts to Cat Lady and Zookeeper, since it is also a Pet Zombie.
However, Pied Piper's effect will not activate if there are no plants in its lane. Grave Buster is also a big counter to this zombie since you will most likely play it as soon as possible, which is very predictable, and the plant hero can simply ignore the gravestone.
There's not much you can do about this zombies in early game, because almost all the plants will be inutilized by it. However, the Morning Glory, Pepper M.D., Black-Eyed Pea and a boosted Snowdrop can destroy it.
- The last word in its description, "whatevs" is an informal way to say the word whatever.
- When Pied Piper is revealed, it will play a short tune on its pipe. The same applies when reducing stats.
- It is the only Dancing Zombie in the Beastly class.
- The name is an example of alliteration.