|Abilities|| Potato Mine |
Potato Nugget Mine
Pizzazzling Potato Mine
Petrified Cactus is a Rare variant of Cactus in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. She was first revealed on the Twitter page in Christmas 2015 in a preview of Sandy Sands. She was later revealed in a live stream that the Petrified Cactus' special perk is if she tries to fire after a previous shot, the previous shot will explode, like Captain Cannon's Extend-o-Cannon and Electro Pea's Electro Cannon. Like the Jade Cactus, the Petrified Cactus sacrifices some of her speed for more health.
Not only does Petrified Cactus' strong exterior protect her in battle, it also doubles as a wildlife sanctuary for all manner of woodland creatures.
Hit the fire button while your shots are airborne to trigger an extra large explosion!
The Petrified Cactus' primary weapon is the Egg Blast. It is a single ad explosive shot that deals 30-45 impact and critical damage and 16-30 splash damage.
Potato Mine is a passive attack piece that deals 175 to any zombies that step on it.
Pizzazzling Potato Mine (GW2 only)
Potato Nugget Mine
An alternate ability of Potato Mine, Potato Nugget Mine is smaller and does less damage. However, it is easier to camouflage and the player can place more of them at once compared to Potato Mine.
An alternate ability of Garlic Drone, Artichoke Drone has 20 health instead of the Garlic Drone's five. Its primary weapon is the Artichoke Hearts, and it's abilities are to descend, ascend, and the Baby Corn.
An alternate ability of Tallnut Battlement, Iron Maiden is an armored Wall-nut that is hard to destroy. It is much stronger than the Tallnut Battlement; its only downside is its smaller size.
Another alternate ability of the Garlic Drone, it is a faster version of the Artichoke Drone with only five health. It shares it's primary weapon and all but one ability with the Artichoke Drone, and it's version of the Baby Corn is slightly different.
The Petrified Cactus is mainly useful for weakening and taking out groups of zombies or zombies that are hiding behind corners. However to do this successfully you need to explode her shots at the exact right time, which could be simple due to its slow projectile speed, however it is difficult to do as well. The Petrified Cactus should be used at mid-range as she can attack quickly but is not too close to her opponent. Try to also target groups of Zombies as her explosions can deal lots of damage to each of them, making her a force in modes like Herbal Assault. If a weakened Zombie hides behind a wall to avoid damage, a timed explosion just behind the wall can take them out.
Try to stay out of groups when the Petrified Cactus is trying to attack you because if she hits an ally near you, the blast radius damage can also do some big damage to you, too. It is also quite easy to dodge her attacks because of her slow projectile speed, however you must be wary of them. Try to also not hide when the Petrified Cactus is shooting at you, as she can explode her shot behind where you are hiding, still dealing damage to you.
- ▼ Decreased ammo count from 12 to 8
- ▼ Decreased detonation damage from 35 to 32
- She uses two gestures in her trailer.
- The first shows her punching twice before spinning and punching a third time, whilst its audio is used from the "Pose Striker" gesture. It is named "One Two Twirl."
- The second is the "Flip and Point" gesture from the first game.
- In the Beta, her projectiles looked different. They were darker, carried by a bird, and had a purple, laser-like trail.
- In her Stickerbook description, it says that her strong exterior doubles as a wildlife sanctuary for woodland creatures, which is the reason why she has animals on her.
- Because of this, she may not be a Cactus at all, but instead a petrified tree with long grass inside of her, acting as spikes.
- She, Zoologist, Park Ranger, Scuba Soldier, S.H.R.IMP, Captain Sharkbite, Marine Biologist and Captain Squawk are the only variants that have animals on them without customization.
- She is also the only one of those that is a plant variant.
- There is a glitch where if she uses the Garlic Drone, the Garlic Drone uses Petrified Cactus' crosshair instead of its normal crosshair.
- Her primary weapon is the only explosive mid air shot that does not end with "Cannon."
- She is one of three manual detonation characters in the game. The other two are Electro Pea and Captain Cannon.
- In the Beta for Garden Warfare 2, the eggs projectile that she shot had a bird on the top. This is no longer present in the full Garden Warfare 2.