|Usage||Affects all dinosaurs in a lane|
|Unlocked||Beating Jurassic Marsh - Day 8|
|Perfume-shrooms emit a pure, concentrated mist of aerosolized love.|
Perfume-shroom is a mushroom and the third plant obtained in Jurassic Marsh in Plants vs. Zombies 2, and a plant exclusive to the aforementioned world. It is an instant-use plant and an environment modifier which will enchant all dinosaurs in a lane when used and make them fight on the player's side until they leave the lawn. For more detailed information about dinosaurs and their gameplay effects when charmed, see the Dinosaur article.
In the Chinese version of the game, beside its enchanting dinosaurs effect, it is also make the zombies (including zombies created by Magic Mushroom) move back four to five tiles, but not leaving the lawn.
Its name is a portmanteau of "perfume," referring to the perfume it emits and "mushroom," the fungus this is based on.
|Perfume-shroom trail disappearing.|
Sun cost: 150
Perfume-shrooms enchant dinosaurs and charm them into working against the zombies.
Usage: affects all dinosaurs in a lane
Perfume-shrooms emit a pure, concentrated mist of aerosolized love.
Note: Perfume-shroom cannot be upgraded to level 4.
While dinosaurs can be devastating when employed by the player, Perfume-shroom's long recharge time as well as the dinosaurs' limited time on the lawn mean that Perfume-shroom will usually be more useful for defending the lane against dangerous dinosaurs instead of fighting zombies.
Pterodactyls should be the most heavily prioritized dinosaurs for the usage of Perfume-shroom, as the backward zombies will prove to be much more dangerous than others. When dealing with raptors, it is best that Perfume-shroom is used as it walks over the second or third column from the right. By doing this, the raptor can kick away any incoming zombies very easily. Using Perfume-shroom when the raptors are far away from the right means that Primal Peashooter's knockback would give the zombies a slim chance of reaching the raptor, thus wasting the charmed effect.
Imitating Perfume-shroom will able to remedy the slow recharge problem and allows it to be used more liberally. Alternatively, using the Instant Recharge upgrade can also let the player use Perfume-shroom in a pinch, especially if two rows of dangerous dinosaurs appear at once.
- It is the third new mushroom introduced in Plants vs. Zombies 2, and one of the four new mushrooms, the others being Toadstool, Spore-shroom and Shadow-shroom.
- It is not allowed in Modern Day, even if there are dinosaurs featured in the level.
- Although it disappears quickly, it is only possible to plant again on the same tile after the mist fades away.
- It is the only plant introduced in Jurassic Marsh that does not have "Primal" in its name.
- While emitting perfume, one can see that the Perfume-shroom has hearts for eyes.
- It, Sweet Potato, and Blooming Heart are only the plants that make hearts during gameplay.
- It is the only instant use plant that can be planted during Last Stand setups.